My son wanted real snow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy cow does that bring back memories!! For me it was Unskinny Bop and Cherry Pie on cassette while everything flew around the car and across the dash doing donuts! Really makes me miss rear wheel drive, and probably why I won't let go of my 78 Caddy I got in the garage :)
Never got a chance to ski behind a car but we did have a lake handy for driving on ;) We called that unlimited fun, no obstacles!!

I got these today, showing me his snow skate he got from santa:-p
This is the STREET!! I have NEVER seen that much snow!!:ohmy::LOL:

Attachments

• 100_1650.jpg
    100_1650.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 100_1653.jpg
    100_1653.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 130
oh man, your son's pics make me want to go skiing really badly. just a coupla more weeks.

btw, talk about guys being crazy, my buddy ozzy (remember him? he almost died, now lives with an external heart pump called an l.v.a.d.?)
well, he called me from a ski lift the other day. the nutcase has decided if he's gonna live, he might as well live. :huh:

at least i have a skiing buddy back, and he'll have someone to put pressure on his catheter when he falls.

mav! tell me it's a '78 black el dorado, with the pimped out gold trim.

Good for Ozzy!! It may not be the best thing for him, but, he's going to make every day worth living!! lol

I hope Ozzy has a great time skiing, nad that no ill comes of it. And as for those pictures of snow, that's every winter for me. I've already had to shovel 3 1/2 feet of snow off of my garage roof this year, and it's not even the end of December yet. This is what I grew up with. All this snow can be a chore. And when younger, it was my favorite time of year, because I had time to play in it. I got the annual cardboard sled race going in my town about 5 years ago now. That's my homage to being a kid in the snow. Too many kids no longer know what it's like to really feel the thrill of sledding down a fast hill. Cyber fun is all well and good, but it just can't create the adrenaline rush of a fast slope. And my kids, well the snow trails they took scared me. There were some very fast and wicked turns, and kids did get hurt on them. Each of mine bounced off of a tree or two, but never with serious injury. The city finally closed that part of the hill (it never was sanctioned by the town), as too many kids ended up in the hospital with broken parts. The trail was called the snake because of the way it wound downwards with very fast and sharp corners. If you banked with skill, you made it to the bottom, if not, you were flying through the air toward the trees that lined the 5 foot deep ravine. My kids learned from the best, in some very big sand pits before ever hitting the snake.

The way I see it, you can't keep kids from persuing thrilling activities, so you'd better teach them the best techniques for managing the risk that you possibly can.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom