"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 04-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #41
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Fresh Off the Boat.
Here it is DP's. Displaced Person. A carryover from WWII.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #42
Executive Chef
@ Tax Lady: The Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel

Firstly, thanks for the lovely post on Quebec ... A truly beautiful town that is quite intact and picturesque.

When the Vet and I were in Quebec about 3 or 4 years ago, we stayed at the Old Port at the Hotel listed in title of my reply.

The hotel is over 300 years old with oak beams and a slate flooring treatment. The hotel museum porcelain collection was absolutely incredible. It is a Relais Chateaux Hotel with a stunner restaurant.

I have never forgotten that we had shellfish & fish from the Madaleu Islands --- I believe it was the Madaleu or Madalen Islands ... ?

This is a charming, elegant and gorgeous place to spend a few days.

Kind regards.
Margi. Cintrano.

Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #43
Head Chef
Where do I begin?!?

Grand Canyon
Sequoias & Kings Canyon
Palm Desert & Palm Springs
Big Bear
Las Vegas Strip at night w/ all the bright lights

Love the ocean & the beach - watching the sunrise or sunset.

We stayed at a Historical landmark (built in the 1800s) on the way up to Yosemite (roads were closed). Very romantic. Deers walking around in the back by the stream, & only one dinner seating.

Dined at a restaurant in Newport beach w/ beautiful views of the ocean, blue tablecloths & white linen napkins. Watched the seagulls, & waves roll in.

Stayed at hotel in Newport beach, where the view was incredible, & stairs leading from the room to the beach.

So many beautiful places.

Restaurants/food is another whole post/thread.

ETA: The New York skyline, Chrystler building, view from the Empire State Building, fireworks on the 4th of July - always bring a lump to my throat.
Cerise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #44
Master Chef
My husband officially proposed to me over a picnic at Wolf Trap in Virginia, during a concert. You know I can't remember what we ate and who we were listening to. Just asked husband. It was a jazz band and I'd provided cheese, meat, bread, and wine. he got on bended knee.

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote