"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #1551
Executive Chef

............can't stand when I say something, do something, show up, or just be there and a person looks at me like I have two heads. I don't understand it, it just ticks me off. You know the look? Furrowed brow, frown line overexaggerated, eyebrows going up and down. I've actually said to the offender, "why are you looking at me like I have 2 heads? Was what I asked so very odd that you have to make that expression?" uff da....................

Old 06-24-2007, 12:43 AM   #1552
Master Chef

my feeding tube. i'm ready to yank that device. since i went to sleep that tube decided to detach & basically spew 3 spews! & i only slept 2 hours. me & my couch were sprayed with feeding tube formula, uck. kept wipes nearby so i cleaned quickly 'nuff, whew.

Old 06-26-2007, 02:06 AM   #1553
Master Chef

insurance companies.
i'm seriously with chest pain due to them. severe chest pain.
so stressed.
dagnabbit, alcohol seems great now. i neen't a lecture, either- i'm 26 & if i'm thirsty, welp.......
Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 PM   #1554
Assistant Cook

My vent for today is work-related. My co-worker and I have been after our general manager for almost 3 weeks to get us a proper mop and bucket for cleaning after we break down our breakfast bar in the AM. Right now we are having to use a swiffer pole and put old cleaning cloths on it. It is maing both of us feel so tired after we get done for the day. Our GM keeps saying she will get one, but she hasn't yet. It's enough to drive someone batty.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:47 PM   #1555
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmobxnc
My vent for today is work-related. My co-worker and I have been after our general manager for almost 3 weeks to get us a proper mop and bucket for cleaning after we break down our breakfast bar in the AM. Right now we are having to use a swiffer pole and put old cleaning cloths on it. It is maing both of us feel so tired after we get done for the day. Our GM keeps saying she will get one, but she hasn't yet. It's enough to drive someone batty.
That is the pits, I would go buy them and give her the bill !
Old 06-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #1556
Assistant Cook

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L.
That is the pits, I would go buy them and give her the bill !
If she doesn't have them there tomorrow, we are and we're going to the owners of the hotel also - come to find out, they aren't too happy with the way she has been doing things. This is the first time someone other than the owners have had any managerial say in the hotel, and they are beginning to regret letting her have it. But she's under contract, so they can't do anything about it until November, which is when her contract comes up for renegotiation.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #1557
Everymom

Youngest daughter came home with a cold about a week ago and in spite of frequent hand washing, doing doorknobs and light switches with disinfectant taking echinacea and drinking tons of fluid I feel like I'm getting it. DANG IT ALL!
Old 08-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #1558
Executive Chef

that's the pits alex, hope you feel better soon, you did all the right things, so wonder how much worse you would have been...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #1559
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Youngest daughter came home with a cold about a week ago and in spite of frequent hand washing, doing doorknobs and light switches with disinfectant taking echinacea and drinking tons of fluid I feel like I'm getting it. DANG IT ALL!
Well you are in great company Miss Alix. I feel as if a truck just ran over me. 'tis a virus me thinks. Be careful who you e-mail in the next few days!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Old 08-24-2007, 01:24 PM   #1560
Executive Chef

Hope you folks feel better soon. I've had mine for over 3 weeks now.