"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #1921
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Soviets had "disregarded" prety much anything and everything exept Moscow. Not as bas as far regions, but still it was terible then, it is not much better now. I just found that one of my friends was killed by a gang of a crucked police (militcia) men.
I'm so sorry to hear that Charlie. I know it can be a really hard life there.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #1922
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Wow, Dr. Alix, thanks for the info
Thankfully, never had to deal with the latter problem.
You're welcome! I've been taking lactobacillus the last couple of weeks as a proactive measure before travelling, its good for that too!

Old 02-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #1923
Master Chef

DS has gotten his heart broken for the first time.
He said that he has been mean to her, not physically, but, verbally, sometimes just as bad, from stressing out. I went through so much abuse, in different ways, that I can relate to her on this one and I just want to whip his butt!!!!!
I told him before stop making her cry. He is getting a hard lesson now. He's a loving kid, but, I think he is bi-polar. I've been around 3 family members with it and he is just like them. No excuse though and I told him that. Poor thing, I know he's wrong, but, I don't want to see him in so much pain. Maybe this will teach him a lesson, especially if she gives him another chance.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #1924
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
TG, same son that left earlier this week or last? Did he come back? Sorry if I've missed something.....
Maybe it's not bi-polar, just adjusting to the age? Realizing he needs to be COMPLETELY responsible for his own actions? That's a very hard realization for some. I had a tough time at 22 and a new bank job thinking, OMG I have to get up at 6:30 am EVERY day I cant do this!!! I seriously almost had a breakdown with this thought.
11 almost 12 years later I get up at 4 am on days off, and think wow I slept too late!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 PM   #1925
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
TG... I sure hope something good happens for you and your family, soon!

You've all be through enough this year.

smiles, T
Old 02-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #1926
Master Chef

No suziquizie, it's my younger son that quit his job and finally got one last week. This is his 2nd girlfriend all his life and 1st serious one. He was diagnosed ADHD and that is another reason why I think he's bi-polar. I don't take something like that lightly because I think he's moody. There are a lot of reasons for thinking this.
pds, we're going to make it LOL
Although a lot has happened, we're not giving up and we're closer, dh and I anyway.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:26 PM   #1927
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
No suziquizie, it's my younger son that quit his job and finally got one last week. This is his 2nd girlfriend all his life and 1st serious one. He was diagnosed ADHD and that is another reason why I think he's bi-polar. I don't take something like that lightly because I think he's moody. There are a lot of reasons for thinking this.
pds, we're going to make it LOL
Although a lot has happened, we're not giving up and we're closer, dh and I anyway.
My heart goes out to you, Stacy. This is the kind of stuff we can't kiss and make better. Even though he's not a teenager, if this is his first serious girlfriend, he's having to learn about the give and take of relationships. He's probably miserable because he knows he didn't treat her the way he would like to be treated and she finally said enough. My oldest wasn't very kind to her boyfriends because she could always get away with it. It was hard for her when one came along and she really cared for him but he wouldn't put up with her demanding behavior. It was a huge shock to her but she learned a lot from that and learned that just because someone really cares about you doesn't mean they will let you dump on them. Hopefully your son will learn this too. But I know it kills you to see him heartbroken.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #1928
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Stacy, if you think he is bi-polar, he really should be checked. Medication can help a lot. My friend's husband is mean and irritable when he is off his medication but much much nicer when he is on it. Your family continues to be in our prayers.

Barbara
Old 03-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #1929
Master Chef

Yeah, I want him to be tested, but, now he has to wait, again, until he gets insurance going again. I am going to talk to him about it though.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #1930
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
My hours just got cut at work ... from 25 a week to 8!
I've told them that I'll stay but, will be looking for something new. I'm so mad.

I really really really hate hunting for jobs. My ego can't take the rejections....