Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barb and cj, I feel for both of you. Why can't people remember that they are dealing with human beings and quit forcing unrealistic (and just not nice) demands on them?

My vent is something that situation comedies are made of (and murder trials!--Just Kidding Honey Bunny!). James has his own ebay account, but he mostly just looks for things through it, since we are trying to build the feedback numbers on our main account, which is in my name (I had it before I met James). He told me about a good deal on some Scrabble tiles. I told him to send it to me. He did, and in the message he told me to bid on them right away. So as soon as I saw it this afternoon, I did. There was a bid of something like $7.00 on it. I put a maximum bid of $27.34 on it, but it immediately said that I had been outbid. I asked him if he thought I should bid a little higher to try to win it, and he told me, "Oh, I bid on it." He forgot to tell me that he was afraid we would lose it, so he bid on it! And (here's the kicker), we were the only two bidding on it, so we ended up paying $28.34 when we could have paid only about $7.00! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I was hurting during the night, so he figured I wouldn't get to it on time. I repeat, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!

:ohmy:Barbara

Barb and cj, I feel for both of you. Why can't people remember that they are dealing with human beings and quit forcing unrealistic (and just not nice) demands on them?

My vent is something that situation comedies are made of (and murder trials!--Just Kidding Honey Bunny!). James has his own ebay account, but he mostly just looks for things through it, since we are trying to build the feedback numbers on our main account, which is in my name (I had it before I met James). He told me about a good deal on some Scrabble tiles. I told him to send it to me. He did, and in the message he told me to bid on them right away. So as soon as I saw it this afternoon, I did. There was a bid of something like $7.00 on it. I put a maximum bid of $27.34 on it, but it immediately said that I had been outbid. I asked him if he thought I should bid a little higher to try to win it, and he told me, "Oh, I bid on it." He forgot to tell me that he was afraid we would lose it, so he bid on it! And (here's the kicker), we were the only two bidding on it, so we ended up paying $28.34 when we could have paid only about $7.00! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! I was hurting during the night, so he figured I wouldn't get to it on time. I repeat, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!

:ohmy:Barbara
What a comedy of errors! At least his heart was in the right place, Barbara.

Ever feel as if you don't count? Like you here to do what the dialysis center wants, when they want it? They make me so angry..They don't keep track of injections then call and expect you to just waltz in and get it from them. doesn't matter if you have company coming or are watching your babies pr planning a trip out to lunch, just drop it and get there like it's your fault they goofed..Right this miute I could blow the roof off the house..I know they are there to help keep me alive, but darn it please respect the fact that I need to know what and when and I do have a life outside the center. Sorry had to write this down or just explode with anger...I'm sick of trying to keep track of things that you'd expect the center to keep track of.
kades

oh gosh, bless your heart. if there's one thing I know, its that many of the people working in health care are doing it because its a job. they aren't being paid to "know" you and your situation - they're just putting in their hours like anyone else with a job to do. Many of them would like to treat us better but they have too much to do, just like I do on my job.

Not to disrespect anyone in the medical field - my daughter-in-law is an RN - and a good one - but after talking with her and also lots of experience with my husband's disability from back surgery, the reality is that the medical personnel just don't/can't remember each individual person and their whole case history. (however they do have charts at their fingertips they could bother to read!) If I had a nickel for every time my husband has had to re-tell his history to a caseworker/doctor/nurse/therapist...

I know its so hard to deal with chronic illness, pain, and the crap that goes along with it... it would be so much easier if there was a little more compassion in the world. (not just medical people...)

((((hugs)))) I hope things are better today.

DC is such a wonderful place. It's so nice that people can post in this thread whatever it is that is bothering them without fear of judgement...the only response being kind words.

you are SO right! I'm extremely grateful for this lovely, wonderful group of people. I was really hurting last night but was able to rest after several people offered comfort.

Today is a better day. DH caught an early flight, and is home. We've had a good, productive discussion about the situation and I feel better. Thank you all for your friendship and concern!!! :)

you are SO right! I'm extremely grateful for this lovely, wonderful group of people. I was really hurting last night but was able to rest after several people offered comfort.

Today is a better day. DH caught an early flight, and is home. We've had a good, productive discussion about the situation and I feel better. Thank you all for your friendship and concern!!! :)
I'm so glad he made it home, scoobagirl, so y'all don't have to spend New Year's Eve apart. And I'm glad you feel better and had a chance to talk with hubby. And I especially hope the New Year will be the best ever for you and yours!:)

oh gosh, bless your heart. if there's one thing I know, its that many of the people working in health care are doing it because its a job. they aren't being paid to "know" you and your situation - they're just putting in their hours like anyone else with a job to do. Many of them would like to treat us better but they have too much to do, just like I do on my job.

Not to disrespect anyone in the medical field - my daughter-in-law is an RN - and a good one - but after talking with her and also lots of experience with my husband's disability from back surgery, the reality is that the medical personnel just don't/can't remember each individual person and their whole case history. (however they do have charts at their fingertips they could bother to read!) If I had a nickel for every time my husband has had to re-tell his history to a caseworker/doctor/nurse/therapist...

I know its so hard to deal with chronic illness, pain, and the crap that goes along with it... it would be so much easier if there was a little more compassion in the world. (not just medical people...)

((((hugs)))) I hope things are better today.
I've been dealing with this over a year..and yes I understand it's a job and yes I understand they do what they do to help me..But, having owned and run a pharmacy with my DH we checked and double checked rx's talked to Dr's if there was a question , we kept detailed records for our patients..I don't see what is so hard in keeping a correct chart.I'm not well liked because I refuse to deal with the social worker, I am very private and my thoguhts and feelings belong to ME so he looks at me like I"m in need of a keeper and the others talk to my husband as if he is my keeper...This will stop very soon as this girl has had it...
kadesma

It is awful to feel invisible kadesma. I hate being disrespected or feared because I went to law school. I sometimes am given a difficult time by the medical community just because they fear legal repercussions when that is the last thing that I would want to do. If they would just do their job.....sigh.

(((kadesma))) oooh, I hate that when they talk around you - that's just plain disrespect. I hope you get them straightened out soon.

It is awful to feel invisible kadesma. I hate being disrespected or feared because I went to law school. I sometimes am given a difficult time by the medical community just because they fear legal repercussions when that is the last thing that I would want to do. If they would just do their job.....sigh.
We just have to stand up and say enough Susan..It really gets old having this happen over and over...But I realize I'm allowing it, no more...
kadesma

(((kadesma))) oooh, I hate that when they talk around you - that's just plain disrespect. I hope you get them straightened out soon.
I know and it hurts my feelings..Well I'm all finished being a door mat and next visit, I will speak up if it starts to happen again..Dh has been told to stand back or stay home so we will see what happens now. Thanks for your support
kadesma

I know and it hurts my feelings..Well I'm all finished being a door mat and next visit, I will speak up if it starts to happen again..Dh has been told to stand back or stay home so we will see what happens now. Thanks for your support
kadesma
CJ, I really feel your pain. When you have a chronic medical condition, it seems like there are a whole bunch of strangers that feel like they own you and make all the decisions for you and you have no say anymore. It sucks! The terrible thing is that you have no real alternatives - you need the treatment they provide to live! And I'm with you on Social Workers. They are good for when there is a need but I hate it when they are just part of the "team" and you are treated like a freak if you don't want/need thier services. Don't they ever stop and think that if it weren't for you, there would be no team? Sorry for ranting but having an illness is hard enough without the very people you are paying to help you making it even harder. Anyway, a big hug to you, girlfriend.

Ever feel as if you don't count? Like you here to do what the dialysis center wants, when they want it? They make me so angry..They don't keep track of injections then call and expect you to just waltz in and get it from them. doesn't matter if you have company coming or are watching your babies pr planning a trip out to lunch, just drop it and get there like it's your fault they goofed..Right this miute I could blow the roof off the house..I know they are there to help keep me alive, but darn it please respect the fact that I need to know what and when and I do have a life outside the center. Sorry had to write this down or just explode with anger...I'm sick of trying to keep track of things that you'd expect the center to keep track of.
kades
:) Can't you get your shots etc on a regular schedule like every Monday or something?

My medication that is suppose to make me feel better gives me heartburn. (lol--but it really isn't funny)
Try some OTC Prilosec, or one of the many ones they have out there, they will be a little lower in strength but will help you. I'd check with my 'doc and see what one he'd rather you take..
all work about the same.
kades

CJ, I really feel your pain. When you have a chronic medical condition, it seems like there are a whole bunch of strangers that feel like they own you and make all the decisions for you and you have no say anymore. It sucks! The terrible thing is that you have no real alternatives - you need the treatment they provide to live! And I'm with you on Social Workers. They are good for when there is a need but I hate it when they are just part of the "team" and you are treated like a freak if you don't want/need thier services. Don't they ever stop and think that if it weren't for you, there would be no team? Sorry for ranting but having an illness is hard enough without the very people you are paying to help you making it even harder. Anyway, a big hug to you, girlfriend.
Thanks
terry,
dh and I are always at loggerheads over the gang at the center..I was brought up believing that if you are paid to do something you do it at your best, if you can't or won't you should be bounced out the dorr..You take pride in your work...Not just collect the pay check and run
kades

I woke up extra early and put my kitties in a carrier to wait for my freezer and Sears never came. I called and they told me that they cancelled the delivery because the freezer handle was damaged but never bothered to call me to tell me--isn't that nice?!!

So, now it shall arrive on Sunday. I will be called on Saturday to be told when to expect it. Grrrrrrr I should not have had to call--I should have been called. And now, I have another day in which I shall be inconvenienced.

It was still dark when I got up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom