Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that must be the job at the bomb testing facility, huh tg?

j/k. good luck. you know we're all pulling for you.

BUCKY!!!! If you hear a big boom up and over there, you'll know that I got hired.LOL

It's a communication and security system manufacturer and installer. I would be working with a manager as office assistant.

So, I love to bake. Every time I bake something, I double the recipe and send one over to the neighbors. Their son eats the majority of what I send over. He recently got a new truck and washes it almost every day, sometimes without driving it anywhere. Tonight, we needed cream. Dh asked if he'd go to the store up the road for us. It would give him a chance to drive, right? He replied, "No. Yeah right, I'll get right on that."

And get this, 5 minutes later he comes over to borrow our shop vac.:angry: :censored: I want to tell his mom about the way he acted but I'm not a tattletell and dh says it's not our place. Still it p's me off!

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
Kids now days.....sheesh! The gravy train must stop, corazon, no more goodies for that unappreciative brat.:mad:

What about the rest of the family though? They are good people and our only friends out here. If I stop, they wouldn't be able to figure out why. I think he's just a typical teenage boy who thinks of nothing but himself. When he brings the shop vac back, I think I'll say something to him.

I think that is a much better idea. Be very gentle in your approach though, as you don't want to alienate his parents. Good luck to you.

corazon90 said:
What about the rest of the family though? They are good people and our only friends out here. If I stop, they wouldn't be able to figure out why. I think he's just a typical teenage boy who thinks of nothing but himself. When he brings the shop vac back, I think I'll say something to him.
As Alix said, be gentle, a wistful, gee, to bad you didn't have time to get the cream from the store, the ? ? dessert I wanted to make I bet you'd have really enjoyed. Maybe next time though then smile till you're teeth ache:LOL:
It works, the tummy always wins:LOL:

kadesma:angel:

Well, no job yet!! I'm getting scared and really depressed. I don't know how many jobs I have applied to now. Unemployment won't pay for another week or 2. My car and dh's truck are both due and our insurance by the 9th. Getting groceries is pathetic. I didn't think we would ever be at this point again. I shouldn't have taken everything for granted. I applied for a job at a police dept in the town my boys grew up in. It's an hour and half away, but, if I get it, the money is really good and there are benefits. They at least emailed me and said that they got the resume and that they will look it over and that they interview the most qualified applicants and that if I am one, I will get an interview within 2 weeks. I hate waiting. It's very nerve wrecking. I hope this one goes good.

Something good is bound to happen soon Tg. It's got to. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Texasgirl, don't get down about not having a job yet. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and I am hoping that the reason you haven't heard yet is because the perfect job is just around the corner and it will be everything that you hope for. Will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Thank you IcyMist. I hope that is it. I don't know how much longer I can take this. I'm fixing to have to let my internet go, that's first on the list, then cable EEK!!!!

I'm sorry Texas. I know the job searches are hard these days. I'm looking for another one myself. Hang in there. I do hope things turn around for you and someone calls you soon !

middie said:
I'm sorry Texas. I know the job searches are hard these days. I'm looking for another one myself. Hang in there. I do hope things turn around for you and someone calls you soon !

oh no.. are you out of a job too Middie?

Good luck on your search!:):):):):)

mean old lady

I don't like confrontations and will avoid them at all costs but today I did something I've never done before. I shouted at some mean old lady in the parking lot of our grocery store.:ohmy:

It was me and my 2 boys. I had Callum in one arm and was holding Aidan's hand with the other. Aidan has this plastic tractor I said he could bring in with him. We're walking in and stop because there is a car pulling out of a parking space. Meanwhile Aidan drives his tractor along a foot of the plastic bumper of the car we're standing behind. I tell him that isn't our car and not to do it again. He doesn't do it again and we start walking. Mean old lady (MOL) gets out and looks at her bumper, I think "whatever" and keep walking. Then she says something in an angry voice and the only thing I hear is "A-hole." I stop. I just turn around and stand there, waiting for her to notice me. She's in her car at this point and is doing stuff for the next 5 minutes. Then I think she litters as she throws something out the window. I start to get closer to see if she has, she reverses, looks at Aidan and says "stupid kid." :furious: :censored: :furious: I am furious and say "WHAT?" She yells "Did you see what he did to my car?" and I yell right back at her "He didn't do anything to your car!" She yells something else that I can't make out as she drives away. ARRRG! I am shaking for the next 15 minutes and almost crying in the store. I called dh after I strapped the kids back in the car and was in tears talking to him about it. I stood outside of the car when I talked to him, I didn't want Aidan to hear all that. He just didn't understand any of it. He was trying but thought I was being mean to the MOL, he couldn't understand that she was being mean to him.

I looked at her bumper as we walked by, no marks, nothing. As if Aidan's plastic tractor could have scratched her plastic unpainted bumper! He's not a stupid kid, he is simply a 3 year old. kids are just kids. It's not like he was hitting her car with the tractor or was trying to do any damage. He is such a great boy and she had absolutely no right to say that about my son. She doesn't know him!

If she had said something about me I would have just been flustered but avoided all this but because it was my son, I felt protective. I felt like I had to stick up for him. Looking back on it now, it seems like it didn't happen. It was so surreal.

dh asked if I got her plate number, I thought about it but then thought, what would I do with it? dh said he could have found out where she lives. Then what though?

I felt so bad for Aidan that even though he didn't have any idea that she was so mean, I let him eat 5 oreos on the way home. I still feel terrible. He's such a wonderful person. He's relatively calm for his age and no kicking tantrums or anything like that. He's thoughtful and caring. He loves everyone and tells them so. Why did this woman pass judgement so quickly on a three year old?

It just makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom