"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 08:50 AM   #201
cartwheelmac

Last night I felt depressed about work. First Mommy tells us to work on our room (or better known as Sea of Clothes), then Daddy tells us to wash the dishes! AHHHHHH!

Cameron

Old 12-16-2005, 09:00 AM   #202
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartwheelmac
Last night I felt depressed about work. First Mommy tells us to work on our room (or better known as Sea of Clothes), then Daddy tells us to wash the dishes! AHHHHHH!

Cameron
Oh, and Cameron, would you please stop breaking stuff while cartwheeling in the living room!!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:14 AM   #203
cartwheelmac

Oohhh! You sound just like my dad! "Cartwheeling is for outside!" I have kicked one person inside, and 3 outside! I do handstands inside on the front door (but I can't have shoes!).

Cameron

Old 12-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #204
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
DANGER!! EVERYONE STAY CLEAR!! CAMERON IS CARTWHEELING!!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #205
cartwheelmac

Sorry didn't mean to kick your head!

Cameron

Old 12-16-2005, 09:49 AM   #206
Contest Winner

Wink

Cameron, Girl calm down, Santa is on the way, You and Grace are just two sweethearts ! Hold on tight to each other and your other sibs, just can't ever replace them.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:29 AM   #207
Sous Chef

Barbara L, hope you are feeling much better today.Give this to your boss But only in your head.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #208
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
Barbara, you've probably discovered this for yourself, but I didn't until after I wasn't working anymore: There is more than one reason you are working where you are. I wish I had known that or had time to think about it when I was working. I always considered myself working just to earn a living and never thought about my influence on those around me. I always tried to be fair and honest about my work, but never saw there was a much deeper reason I was placed where I was. I've tried to use the same principle for wherever I am or go since then. I've noticed that people feel free to approach me and talk, mostly older people. They always seem to feel better after we've talked a bit. I hope your life gets less stressful and you turn your lemons into lemonade.
Thanks Licia. Yes, I learned a long time ago that I have always ended up right where I need to be. And I am aware of the influence I have on those around me, especially as a teacher. But I also know that I have been having very strong feelings lately (this has only happened once before to me--and I acted on it then) that it is time to move on. I may be completely wrong. And we can't afford to move. But if that is what is meant to be, the means to do it will be there too.

Thanks Sizzles. Will do!

Barbara
Old 12-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #209
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Long story short....
The neighbors dog got out of their yard and went after our chickens!
Three of them are ok.... but Melly our blonde one, the most friendly
and our favorite... is missing two big piles of feathers. She limped her way into the berry bushes ( too over grown for humans to enter) and won't or can't come out. I'm so worried about her... and so sad. And so angry. I know the dog was just doing what dogs do but... those are my babies.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #210
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Oh pdswife! I hope Melly is just hiding while she either heals or (best case scenario) just unruffles.

Barbara