Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cora, you shoulda hocked up a giant brown loogey on her windshield.

piss her off, and teach the boys to spit a lung-er, and handle adversity in an escalating situation. kill 2, er, 3 birds with one stone.

and remember if you ever anger pds, guard your tummy...

Last edited:
lol bucky! No matter how mad I am, you can always bring a smile to my face. I think I should have just thrown the tractor at her as she drove away. Although Aidan didn't get angry with her for calling him "stupid kid" he would have been mad at me for a week for throwing his tractor.

corazon90 said:
lol bucky! No matter how mad I am, you can always bring a smile to my face. I think I should have just thrown the tractor at her as she drove away. Although Aidan didn't get angry with her for calling him "stupid kid" he would have been mad at me for a week for throwing his tractor.
Cora, mothers instinct came into play..I'd have been angry too, but I learned that when a child sees anger it scars them. I had a tantrum or let's say a good ol set to with my mom one day in front of Cade and Ethan, both started to cry and theri only concern was if I was alright. even now months later, if I raise my voice Cade will stop what he is doing and run over to me and Ethan's big blue eyes get even bigger and he will ask, you ok ma? you ok? so I bite my tongue many times and keep my mouth shut. This woman was most likely in a foul mood to begin with and just looking for something to gripe about. If you really want to get her goat, all you'd have to do is look at her and start to laugh, grab the kids and hustle away as much as you'd like to flatten her which she deserved, believe me that knocks them off therm feet. She had no business talking to a child like that for any reason..Just give Aidan a big hug and forget it. If he mentions it say you were scared and you're sorry you yelled and the little guy will be okay. He loves you and puts his trust and faith in you so you show him what a great mommy you are..He will always be on your side. Don't let anyone goad you into yelling in front of your kids, if they use foul language, give them a look park the kids with DH if he's there and then go let em have it out of the kids hearing..No reason to scare them..OK off the soap box,:LOL: you're a wonderful mom and I fully understand your anger, just don't let any darn fool put you in a position like that..And don't worry about her bumper, good heavens it's a bumper not another kid!!! Hugs all round :)
kadesma

Ya know, I would have been willing to talk reasonably about this with her but she just flipped out. I thought about going over and trying to talk to her (after the first comment) but I wasn't entirely sure if it was me she was angry with and that's why I stood there waiting. I wasn't going to walk away like she hadn't insulted my son but if it was something else she was mad about she would have just driven off.

You're right kadesma, it was instinct, like you said. I've never had something like this happen to me before. I just didn't know what to do. I sat Aidan down and talked to him right after it happened but I think he was still confused by it. I told him I was sorry and that the MOL was being mean to him and that's why I shouted. I made certain he knew I wasn't angry with him. dh & I make sure we never argue in front of the kids and I should have been thinking about that today. I've never yelled at dh like that, let alone in front of the kids.

BTW, I wasn't serious about throwing the tractor, it was only a joke. :-p

PA Baker said:
Some people are just nasty, awful people.

Hey! Why am I getting dragged into this???

Just because I've been ending quite a few conversations here in the office with "and the horse you rode in on!", that's no reason go picking on me! :-p

John

I may not react the way some people do, but if something "not nice" happens when I have one of my grandchildren with me, I tend to get away and try not to have them take notice of it. Children don't pay as much attention to other people as we think sometime and it seems better to me to disregard the aggravating or nasty people. It seems they will always be about and I'm not going to allow someone with a bad attitude to spoil any outing that I have. The lady may have some real problems and that was just a reaction. We never know what someone's situation is. But, I don't get involved in any confrontations anyway, especially with strangers.

OK, need to vent. Bustling around the kitchen, getting supper on. Got it on the stove and turned down to simmer. So, ran down to shuffle laundry from washer to dryer, fold another load, sign on to see whats up here. Just as I sign on I notice a nasty smell, sort of like burnt food. EEK! Dash upstairs to find supper has merrily bubbled over and filled the burner dish and is splooshed all over the stovetop that I just cleaned. YARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Fortunately, nothing IN the pot is burnt so I move it to a new element, and clean the stovetop. The burner bib will have to wait til its cooled off. What a nasty mess. BAH! Stupid thing. Simmer my A--!!

Alix said:
OK, need to vent. Bustling around the kitchen, getting supper on. Got it on the stove and turned down to simmer. So, ran down to shuffle laundry from washer to dryer, fold another load, sign on to see whats up here. Just as I sign on I notice a nasty smell, sort of like burnt food. EEK! Dash upstairs to find supper has merrily bubbled over and filled the burner dish and is splooshed all over the stovetop that I just cleaned. YARRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Fortunately, nothing IN the pot is burnt so I move it to a new element, and clean the stovetop. The burner bib will have to wait til its cooled off. What a nasty mess. BAH! Stupid thing. Simmer my A--!!

splooshed - one of those Canadian words, eh? :-p

Yep, Alix, I said that several times today myself:LOL: ratsa fratsa

kadesma:angel:

LOL! I'm feeling better now. Cleaned up the mess, ate supper and had a glass of wine. Amazing how that makes everything all better.

This is an amazing thread. I didn't see it before. Now I am going to add to it.

My husband's new firm has been great, including getting us the corporate let we are in for the month to give us time to find somewhere of our own. BUT we have to be out by the 1st of September, and although Milan is starting to wake up most agents won't show us apartments until after 4th Sept. So I am trying to look for priate lets in a city I don't know (who knows where the areas to avoid in a new city are?) ina language I barely speak. Plus, I have had to give up my job to come here, so we have taken a huge pay loss, my Italian is no way near good enough to work here, AND the real reason I am angry was because things got so bad with my in laws we left the country to avoid them, and I feel (I know unfairly - this was our choice) that if it weren't for them we would not be in this situation.

Argh. I'm sorry I yelled towards the end there. I am sure we will find some thing soon. Apartments seem to be smaller here than I am used to in London,plus the pay drop means a bit of hard decision making. I am just concerned we find somewhere safe and ok for our cats (I have cats instead of kids at the moment) and us to live. And that I find something sensible to do.

Alix, it could be worse. One of the burners on my stove has this habit of NOT coming down from high heat when you turn the knob to Low. So, whenever I use that burner, I have to turn the knob off, move the pan to an empty burner, than turn off the lights and wait a second to see if the burner is indeed cooling off. Freaking old stove.........

Allen, I think that might be what mine is beginning to do. Phooey! I felt better after venting here though.

Lulu, I wish I could help with the places to avoid in Milan. I sympathize with your plight though. They say that moving is the most stressful thing you can do outside of losing a loved one somehow. Hang in there, we're with you all the way.

lulu said:
This is an amazing thread. I didn't see it before. Now I am going to add to it.

My husband's new firm has been great, including getting us the corporate let we are in for the month to give us time to find somewhere of our own. BUT we have to be out by the 1st of September, and although Milan is starting to wake up most agents won't show us apartments until after 4th Sept. So I am trying to look for priate lets in a city I don't know (who knows where the areas to avoid in a new city are?) ina language I barely speak. Plus, I have had to give up my job to come here, so we have taken a huge pay loss, my Italian is no way near good enough to work here, AND the real reason I am angry was because things got so bad with my in laws we left the country to avoid them, and I feel (I know unfairly - this was our choice) that if it weren't for them we would not be in this situation.

Argh. I'm sorry I yelled towards the end there. I am sure we will find some thing soon. Apartments seem to be smaller here than I am used to in London,plus the pay drop means a bit of hard decision making. I am just concerned we find somewhere safe and ok for our cats (I have cats instead of kids at the moment) and us to live. And that I find something sensible to do.

DEEP BREATH, Lulu. It will all work out, but moving is always a stressful time. Money may be tight for a while, but living in Italy will give you SO many wonderful things to experience.... (even if you DO have to do them on the cheap!)

Parents-in-law... BAH HUMBUG - bin there, dun that :-p

You want to know whats even worse....my in laws live most of the time in NY. It was the weeks of them in the summer, at christmas, at easter and in the fall I could not take....we moved to another country from another country from them!they have NO reason to come to Milan though....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom