Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katie,
I just have to say that I admire parents like you. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences that, I'm sure, will help all of us here. The cleaning is not too bad. He's learned to use his laundry hamper as a basketball hoop so it works well in his room. Now if he can get those wet towels off the bed and on the restroom towel rack, it will be a miracle.

Alix,
Thank you for your words as well my friend. I'm glad to know I can count on you all here. Unfortunately, my local friends have girls and very young boys so they can't relate to me yet. I know Justin really is a wonderful boy with a
big heart. I know this is a phase he's going through and will pass. Today, he brought home two passing grades in math. Yey! Thank the Lord! He got a 100 and an 85. I'll settle for that. I've asked him to try his best, that that's all we ask of him. I'm starting to believe that he's getting the message across. Today, even his football coach demoted his position for not listening yesterday. He gave me the sad face and I just said that everything has it's consequences and if he wants his position back in the game, he has to earn it by listening and working harder. He said he did work so hard at football practice today and that coach was really proud of him. I know he really knows the consequences of things. I feel a bit relieved about that. He started his homework without me asking him to so I'm impressed (but yet he's humming and getting distracted but I will just let it be). I told him I was not going to sit with him to do homework again but that I'd be available to help. I know the demotion in football is not making him happy and he's working hard now. He also knows that he will be out of football if his grades begin to fail. I'm still praying girls and I will pray for your kiddos as well and that we all can continue to have each others' support. Love you all.

Okay my turn. While I was at work Sunday between 12 and 6 someone broke into my car. Okay stupid me left the door unlocked so they entered without my permission. Also without my permission they took my car radio, equalizer and kickerbox AND my bowling ball !!! They left a cell phone in my car. Unfortunately it was a stolen cell phone. So the cops got surveilance (sp) of the parking lot. Yeah... they didn't hit record so now there's no way to know who did it !!!!!! During daylight hours right dead smack infront of the store and nobody saw anything, and if they did, didn't bother to report it. GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

oh man, middie! That's horrible!!!!
Do you suppose they can find the owner of the cell phone and find out when it was stolen? That may help a bit.
What is your insurance company doing about it?
Also, is there any assistance you will receive regarding the officer who forgot to push the 'record' button?

Middie,
A swift kick in the pants for leaving your car unlocked. Now, a shoulder to cry on and 2 arms for support.

The sense on invasion of personal space is very hard and knowing that some lowlife scumbag in profitting from your loss is really gross.

Hoping the perps use those illgotten gains to buy some hammer and OD. Save the community a lot of heatache.

Dina,
As a male (and getting on a bit), I can still remember back to those days (daze), and from my point of view there was no way a woman was going to tell me what to do, even my Mom. I had a lot of arguments/fights with my Dad, never argued with Mom, just ignored her.

With ours, I was always there to backup DW regardless of whether I thought she was right or wrong. Our boys were both 6'+ at 12, so diplomacy was essential when laying down the law. I basically demanded of our boys to always respect their Mom. The teenage years are really difficult for parents as well as the kids, and remembering that their bodies are being overloaded by hormones allows us to think laterally and use these facts to 'beat' them at their own game and guide rather than discipline them to adulthood.

Bearing in mind though, that I certainly wasn't the best Dad in Oz, but none of our kids have ever been caught breaking the law and are know throughout the district for respecting their elders and assisting whenever they can. Eldest 25, youngest 21.

Questions, questions, questions. Do the Dr Phil, "Do you think it is right to do........?" "Why did you do........?" "Do you think it would be better to......?"

We had more of a problem with our daughter who would prefer to listen to absolute lies from one of her friends rather than the proven truth from us. Never hit a female yet, but that lying little B***h nearly got her bum kicked into next week a few times.

I haven't got anything to vent about except getting older and stuffing up everything I've tried to cook over the past couple of months......

Oh. for the record, I hate Dr Phil........

No insurance. Have liability only. The manager of the store forgot to hit record. I'm at a complete loss cause the store isn't "held responsible" for things like that even though it happened on their property.

i'm near tears 'bout my hairdye. my hair is already black, yet i mildly refresh my hair's tones. (discontinued hairdye). sigh, i almost weeped like 50 times. so now i'm afraid i'm either insane or elderly (at 25, tee-hee). that's enough. my stomach is seriously in knots. okay, great. now i'm further sad.

Last edited:
yep, ishbel. tears are long ago gone, now. unsure if you're a male or female..... either way, you get black hair & you're committed to those tresses.. natural jet-black hair isn't much more easy to maintain than born skinniness. try it out & then you won't be grinning so.:)

Last edited:
i'm so moody today. that's my vent for now. dagnabbit. i'm avoiding discusscooking till i smile.

Errrm, the 'clue' might be in my name?

:(

Why would a natural red-head like me want to try out black hair, I wonder?

Dina, so glad that you didn't have to sit down with Justin again. Its tough to let them slog through it all on their own. We're with you girl. Stand tough and let him make his own mistakes and suffer the consequences, its hard, but he won't learn anything otherwise. You are such a good Mom and he is so lucky to have you.

middie, that royally blows. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Think 'what goes around comes around' at those miscreants and hopefully they will get their comeuppance.

Brooksy! I have missed you on the boards! Glad to see you here, sorry to hear about your cooking woes. It will turn around, we all go through spots of that where NOTHING works.

my hair was brown till recently, ish, tee-hee. Lord decided my tresses were gonna be black thereafter.:)
brooksy! horray! missed you!

I don't suppose this is actually venting, but it does seem that things began to pile up today. The traction light on my car came on and when I braked, got a weird noise, so we had to take the car to the shop. Then I found where a bug had been in my bathroom and we can't find him.....Then when I started to take a bath, the water in the shower wasn't draining well. I can't complain since things had rocked along so well for quite a while, but it is strange that they all cropped up on the same day. They couldn't find anything wrong with my car even after hooking it up to the computer so they only charged me $25 for looking. I suppose I will know before long if there is really a problem.

Dina - I once nailed a notice on my son's door that said the room had been condemned by the health department! He was a disinterested student regardless of threats, bribes, groundings..etc. Only time he got a 3.0 was when I told him not Driver's license unless. That worked. His grades did not qualify him for college - we told him we would not pay tuition unless his grades were above 3.5.

He enlisted in the Marines. A MAJOR shock! In fact my MIL who was about to visit Switzerland commented that he would be washed out of the Marines before she returned from Switzerland!

This was the kid who never failed to kiss me goodbye even in front of his friends! He also served proudly and was discharged a different person. He put himself through college with a 4.0 GPA then he put himself through Graduate School with a 4.0 GPA. His delightful wife was a wonderful influence, I might add. He is now a Marriage and Family Therapist with his own practice and teaches Psychology at a private high school. My darling grand-daughter is 2 and he is a wonderful father.

Clearly the Marines were just what he needed.

2 in Or

Middie,
I'm terribly sorry for the loss. But if you put it in a different perspective, you are safe. Some thieves don't care if they have to hurt people. Material things can be replaced and I hope you find no other damages.

Brooksy,
Thanks for the pick me up words. I don't care for Dr. Phil either. LOL

Luvs,
I'm with you on the hair color; I know how you feel. I did it once and once was enough. Found a few (will not mention how much) grey hair on me the other day, I nearly flipped. I will refuse to color my hair until it's an absolute EMERGENCY.

Alix,
Thanks for your words girl. I will stand tough on this little guy. And guess what? He forgot his Social Studies book to finish his homework today! Ha ha Hey, but something good did happen today. He got put back in his tight end position in football. He proved to the coach he could work harder. He decided to go to bed early cause he asked me to drop him off early at school to get to his book right away. Good boy, good for him. I know he can do this, it's just a matter of time and lots and lots of prayers. Thank you.

Licia,
You're not alone. My odometer is going nuts on my mini-van. Sometimes I don't even know what speed I'm up to. Darn it! And my son's shower has been leaking from the ceiling for a while now. We are waiting for payday to get a blumber up here.

Linda,
It's nice to hear that boys DO change. Thanks for sharing your story. I know that the Marines, or any other military branch, can change a person. It did it for my husband! He is a former Marine, disciplined, tough and the whole nine yards. And believe me, he is tough on our boy that leaves me as "the nice guy" sometimes. I'm hopeful my son will get through this and go straight into college, as he plans.

Last edited:
dina, did you hear 'bout my grey i got day before i was 25? i saw an object in my tresses that didn't match my others. then i noticed it was a GREY! i screamed, yanked that hair out & threw that dagnabbin intruder from here till tomorrow, called Mom crying, then my buddy.:LOL:

Last edited:
Grump about the weather and cranky kids. GRUMP! I'm sick of rain! I'm tired of being the ones my kids yell at when they're frustrated with something else. Bite my tongue not to snap back when I'm crabby!

Sigh. Amazing how just getting that out makes you feel better isn't it? Thanks for letting me vent folks.

jake. his lack of keys & my concurrent lack of sleep after Jake's work when he rings our buzzer 50,000x so he may be accepted into my apt.
waking me at dawn when keys are like $5.
jerk.
he got a lecture, to be VERY mild, with plenty of words that are mean.
if he wakes me tommorrow, he'll likely soon be crying.

Last edited:
Alix

I recently purchased a sewing maching and I can't get the darn thing to work. All my neighbors have tried and it still doesn't work. I am so frustrated and angry - I called up the manufacturer and told them my problem. They asked if I still had the box that it came it. I told them that I had the box - they called UPS and are picking it up next week.

They were very sorry for my problem and are reimbursing my credit card.

Jill and Jolie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom