Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
to all who have had "that day", power, remember that what does not kill us, may come back around for a second shot.lol.
to the woman who was putting on her make-up and talking on the phoe whilst also holding that cup of coffe and applying mascara in the review,,......... that truck you almost creamed was me, and while i do believe im superman, do you not think of the two children you have in the back?? maam , and i am using that in the loosest way, Hades has a very special level waiting for you. to qoute chevy chase" Jane you ignorant @#$%" thank you:censored:

urmaniac13 said:
Lucky for TC that now he has his own scooter for a quick escape!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But seriously that must have been a scare and those burned stink can't go away quickly enough!! (I hope you didn't have a problem with smoke alarm for an icing on top!!) Take a deep breath Crewsk, it is TGIF, I am sure things will get better!!
6.gif

Well, he didn't get into trouble since "accidents" happen & no one got hurt.

Yes, it was a scare, I've got canldes lit in every room of the house, windows open & celing fans going full blast. It's 47F outside so needless to say I'm bundled up in warm clothes!!:LOL: The scariest part is that the smoke detector didn't go off!:ohmy: We just put a new battery in it last week.

Hellschef, don't you just want to jerk people like that out of their cars & give them a piece of your mind?!

urmaniac13 said:
I know... I hate it when someone DARES to call me "signora"... make me feel like a grandma!! I decided to pretend that I didn't realise they were calling out to me when this happens!
Signora I really like (perhaps because I married into my Italianism :mrgreen:), but "ma 'am" always cracks me up, as I think I'm miles too young for that :LOL: But I guess "ma 'am" has to beat being called "young lady"..."Miss" would be someplace in between the two.

crewsk said:
don't you just want to jerk people like that out of their cars & give them a piece of your mind?!

you said it crewsk!

the other day i was beefin about a woman doing it (just add putting on make up), but today was a guy in a huge suv, talking on the cell phone, reading some documents, using a blackberry, while smoking and drinking coffee, all while "driving" in slow moving traffic. he would keep falling back, keeping several car lengths open in front of him, but if someone tried to cut in there, he'd speed up to not let them in.
it was making me crazy, driving a stick behind him, until i put on simon and garfunkel's greatest hits, and just dealt with it until my exit.

buckytom said:
using a blackberry

Ummm... what's a blackberry?:ermm:

I just have to breath real deep & remind myself that the kids are in the car when I get around people like that. Otherwise, they'd have a really colorful vocabulary to take to school!

Thanks Piccolina! I was trying to figure out what in the world someone would be using a blackberry (the fruit) for while driving down the road!:rolleyes:

thanks piccolina.

yep, its an electronic gizmo.

i wish i had some real blackberries to chuck at the guy.

crewsk, sometime on MSN remind me to tell you about the words my kids have heard in my car. :huh:

I think this thread is just what the doctor ordered. I am having a pretty good day today, but will vent for my cat. Meow mrow mrow...MROOOOOWW SHRIEK!!! (Translation: I was minding my own business this morning, just sitting by the cat post. You would think this was far enough out of the way of the morning traffic, but OH NO!! My stupid human comes reeling around the corner, heading for the coffee pot, and steps on my feet! OW! Then to top it off, she didn't GET OFF right away, you think that fuzziness might have tipped her off that she wasn't on the hardwood? Clearly not enough coffee yet. So I whacked her ankles a few times and yelled "OUCH" really loud. Well, you'd think I'd killed her. Hmph! Some humans!)

Translators note, I have stopped bleeding now.

Alix said:
MROOOOOWW SHRIEK!!! (Translation: I was minding my own business this morning, just sitting by the cat post. You would think this was far enough out of the way of the morning traffic, but OH NO!! My stupid human comes reeling around the corner, heading for the coffee pot, and steps on my feet! OW! Then to top it off, she didn't GET OFF right away, you think that fuzziness might have tipped her off that she wasn't on the hardwood? Clearly not enough coffee yet. So I whacked her ankles a few times and yelled "OUCH" really loud. .

Message from Toonces the cat for Alix......

Attachments

• mad kitty.jpg
    mad kitty.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 165
Hope the next week is a better one for all of us. I don't remember when I've had anything upset me so much for so long. I was supposed to pick up my grandson Wednesday after his after school class and forgot him completely. His mom called at 3:45 and asked if I had picked him up and I hadn't even thought about it. Of course, it was dh's fault(NOT) - he played golf on the wrong day and added to my already confused state of mind. So much has happened in the last week or so it has left me quite puzzled. My next door neighbor died last week, then the thing with my car being booted, then forgetting my grandson. I may throw myself in a corner til a new week starts.

Oh licia, you HAVE had a week haven't you! The great thing is...the week is OVER. You get to start fresh now. Sit down, have a nice cup of tea and a cookie and hopefully you will start to relax.

Gee, thanks. I AM glad the week is over. I am definitely not making any plans except to take it easy the next two days. Maybe everything will work out by then.

licia said:
Hope the next week is a better one for all of us. I don't remember when I've had anything upset me so much for so long. I was supposed to pick up my grandson Wednesday after his after school class and forgot him completely. His mom called at 3:45 and asked if I had picked him up and I hadn't even thought about it. Of course, it was dh's fault(NOT) - he played golf on the wrong day and added to my already confused state of mind. So much has happened in the last week or so it has left me quite puzzled. My next door neighbor died last week, then the thing with my car being booted, then forgetting my grandson. I may throw myself in a corner til a new week starts.
licia,
I know exactly how you feel, have a cup of tea as Alix said, and with it a good bawl, then wipe those tears and look in the mirror and say hi licia, you've been a good mom and grandma for years, this goofy week doesn't count and I'm still tops and my family thinks I'm the best and I am :) :) Then just march into next week with head held hi and forget this mess...You deserve the best, you're a mom and a Ma...
hugs licia from me to you

kadesma:)

mish said:
My two cents? Guessing it might not be about the driving, but more about a feeling of loss of independence, that sometimes may come as people get on in years. Is she able to take the bus? Perhaps she might feel more independent. Maybe a local senior center can help and she can get out and be more active on her own? Hope I didn't overstep my bounds. We care about you. :)
Mish, you could never overstep with me..:) I know you care..We've tried often to get mom interested in thing outside the home,since dad passed away, but, she won't budge. We live out in the country so a bus isn't an option for her...Even if I could get her to go out, I know she wouldn't know where or what to do..Her life was me, my sis, and most of all my dad...So I try to take her shopping, to the mall..We've taken her to several movies, she likes that but falls asleep during them, but so what, she likesit we take her...We took her out for dinner tonight and, her daughter, (me) kept her yap shut, let her order for herself and never said peep about anything. We all DH, son, mom and ME :LOL: Just relaxed and laughed about all kinds of nutty things...It was nice..She went home humming tonight..Now, I must see to it that she does that often...
thanks for caring Mish..it helps.
kadesma

Today, I went to work out in the forest and it should have been a great day. First I drove down the wrong road and had to back up for forever because there was not a turnaround at the end. I dropped my coworker at one end of the project and I drove to the other end to start reflagging the boundary. All timber sales are flagged with orange plastic tags and blue plastic flagging. This sale had been tagged 5 years ago and needed refreshing. It was so cold today that the flagging kept breaking. My hands were freezing. I took the harder section, so my coworker got done before me. She was supposed to drive the truck down to where I was to end and pick me up. She did not understand my instructions and went the wrong way. I ran out of flagging. (I took 3 rolls of flagging.) I twisted my ankle while just walking down the road. The boundary was posted wrong and I had to fix someone else's mistake. I missed lunch and was starving when I got done and I forgot to take a snack.

Thanks for the chance to vent. I hope that you all have a good day.

Oh SC,
I'm sorry, You did have one lousy day...I hope youre feeling better now and that this doesn't happen again..I hate being cold..I can handle being a little hungry, but cold !!! no, no, no:censored: Wish I could have helped you out...And I'm glad that your home now and can come let us give ya a great big HUG

kadesma:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom