"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #321
Chef Extraordinaire

Don't worry, Alix. My daughter assures me that I am the Meanest Mom in the universe. Funny how the moms of some of her friends have been called the same thing.

It's those "cool" moms that are making it hard for the rest of us.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #322
Executive Chef

You did good Alix. It's heartbreaking to punish your kids. You have to follow through with your punishments. Even if she just forgot, next time she will remember because she knows the consequences if she doesn't. Not only that, but it will save you a lot of worry and give you a red flag of warning when she doesn't call.

A couple weeks ago, I had to go to the library with both the kids. Callum was being carried in his car seat and Aidan holding my hand. I just had to run in and pick up my book that was on hold behind the counter. A one minute errand. They have an elevator and I told Aidan if he held my hand the whole time and didn't run off, then we could ride it before we left. We were halfway to the counter when he let go of my hand and took off running. I took him outside and talked. I gave him another try, telling him if he didn't hold my hand this time we wouldn't go to the park that day. We didn't even get through the door before he let go. That was that, no park and it broke my heart. All day he was asking when we were going to the park and all day I had to keep telling him why we weren't going. I felt so bad and so mean! The next time we went to the library, I reminded him of what had happened the last time, he held my hand the whole time. We went to the park that day and had some fun.

You did what you had to do Alix. When she has her own kids, she will understand and thank you for it. She will be so happy to have a mom that cares for her and loves her so much. Tried to karma you for being a great mom but I need to spread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:30 PM   #323
Chef Extraordinaire

I had to do that once Alix,
but, in the end, her friends knew that they were safe here and I'd not let them do anything that would get them hurt...You child might now love you for this, but in later years, whe will hold you dear for it. Head high mom, you did the right thing..to me YOU are a great mom

kadesma
Old 03-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #324
Everymom

This is what makes this site such a great place. I came to you with a heavy heart and you all made me feel so much better. Thank you for your support, I'm so grateful. Its one thing to know what is right, but much better to be supported by other folks who know you you feel. Thanks so much, all of you other "mean Moms".

BIG HUGS TO ALL THE PARENTS OUT THERE!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #325
Chef Extraordinaire

i really need to have a talk with all of your kids. what happened to them?

in my time, we were so good at snowing our parents, and when you got caught, especially red handed, denial wasn't just a river in egypt.
bugs, we need to work on faking stomach aches, ASAP! and don't forget migraines for food you despise.
and are you good at art and crafts? make a big sad "i'm sorry" card, really ham it up on the delivery, and whatever punishment mom gave you will be pardoned.

sheesh, ya really need to teach kids everything these days. too much "win,win, win" at sports and not enough tv...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:02 AM   #326
Master Chef

Bucky, you stop that or as soon as your boy is old enough, I'm gonna find him and teach how to pull the wool over old dad!! You are bad bad bad!! :o)
Old 03-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #327
Executive Chef

TG, aren't we glad BT doesn't teach school!
Old 03-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #328
Executive Chef

Anybody remember Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller
Fake some stomach cramps. When you're bent over, moaning and wailing, lick your palms.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:48 AM   #329
Master Chef

licia, I'm very glad!! Although, he would probably be one of the best kindergarten teachers. The kids, and the moms would love him!!

Allen that movie was all funny!!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:46 PM   #330
Everymom

OMgosh Buckytom you made me laugh soooo hard. (Incidentally it wasn't Bugs, it was my OTHER daughter who really needs NO HELP in the big sad Bambi eyes department when she wants to get away with something.)

I should mention that the reason I had a tough time with that particular incident is that I can totally see myself in this kid. I know how I would have felt in her shoes and it wasn't fun.

Update: My husband is the most supportive guy in the world, when he read about my issue with our sweetie, he called to make sure I was OK and he just in general supported me 100%. What more could I ask? Thanks again all for the virtual hugs.

Who's next on here? Hey Big Dog, didn't you say you needed to vent?

Closed Thread