Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about limbo! DH went to Milano in July/August, I am still here trying to sort everythig out. I thought I was leaving this week to drive over well in time for holidays, but everything has gone pear shaped as regards my insurance etc. Everything has been a nightmare. I am a EU passport holder, its an EU country, it is meant to be easy, but it really has not been. It all comes down to the bloody car! I could leave tomorrow if I could get European car insurance..... the waiting id not feel so bad when it was movers, or residency or finding a flat etc, but the fact that a piece of paper comes between it all (and trying to avoid very expensive re registration of my car) is painful. Actually painful.

Hate the red tape myself. Maybe someone on here knows something that would help. I think we need a " Get out of limbo" card!!!:(

It is very windy tonight and I hate it. I probably won't hardly sleep at all tonight because it keeps me awake. I wish my dog was here to keep me company, but my parents took him with them on vacation to the coast. Maybe I will sleep on the couch in the living room which is a quieter room than my bedroom.

licia said:
I don't usually post here about my own troubles, but I am either mad or sick at heart and don't know which. My grandaughter's car was stolen out of her parking place at her apartment. We don't know anything yet except that it is gone. Dh is on his way to be with her. She is a single mother of a 7 year old boy and her ex doesn't pay her squat most of the time. I'm about to see red!!
licia,
i'm so sorry,what a horrid thing to happen.I don't blame you for being angry, I'd be so angry i'd be throwing things. As hard as it is we can handle things that happen to us, but, our kids and grandkids, never..I hope things turn round quickly. Thank goodness her dad is with them,I hope this gives you some ease knowing they will be looked after. Hugs to you all.
kadesma

Your Thoughts????

Recently I have received three monthly bills that were past due. This affects my budget. I sure don't check to see if I get these bills to know that they weren't paid! Beside the drain backing up, furnace stop working, oven of stove needed ignitor replaced, etc. these bills are double. Also all of our cars had roofing nails in them. One could be repaired others needed new tires. My question: my neighbor who I have had tough time coping with, do you think she could have something to do with this? Her kids, 28 and 30 always throw trash on my property when they leave. I just wonder if the nails came from them and if when they receive my mail just throw it away. This neighbor has no worries that money cannot fix. I do not resent her remodeling her house every 5 years but leave me alone. The police who I have called to have them move their cars so I could leave my house, have told me to just ignore them completely. They said it is quite clear they are trying to make problems for you. This is a form of entertainment to them. Having all this happen this past month really makes me upset. We are planning on putting up a camera to see if we can find proof. Isn't this ridiculous? Before they moved there wasn't this crazy stuff. Makes me wonder from day to day what they will think up next.

I called the post office and they think I am crazy too. How can you be normal in odd world like this? Honest people are not in st yle anymore.

Thanks for your thoughts and time. What would you do? Trying to be nice doesn't work, they only get worse. 'Turning the other cheek gets old'

Last edited:
We are getting calls from the hospital where we had our colonoscopies in JULY. Our copay is $150 which we paid and the insurance says "don't pay anymore", however we keep getting calls saying we each owe $100 more. I really don't know what to do about this. The insurance company says we have paid all we are supposed to and we are afraid the hospital collectors will put this on our credit record. I HATE dealing with these people! If I hear from them once more I'm going to call the Insurance Commissioner for our state and see what gives.

In The Kitchen, you poor soul. Neighbour problem is dire. In UK I am sure their actions would be tantamount to harassment and prosecutable! You know, as awful as it feels I would get extremely hidden CCTV installed. SOme very affordable systems are available and if you can get proof you can sort it out.

Licia, can the hosiptal not sent a breakdown of what they believe you have paid? Then you can see if they have recorded all of your payment and the insurance company's payment. It could just be a clerical error with any luck.

Inthekithen, can you get a restraining order and then if you catch them doing anything it is a REAL prosecuteable problem for them.

Licia, I'm having problems with a hospital too. My insurance pays 100% but they are always late. I have a warning letter from the hospital now.

I'm venting about not being able to get well. I've been sick for 2 weeks, coughing, gunk in my chest, miserable nights, sore throat, my ears hurt from fluid and I can't get better. I'm on very powerful antibiotics and they don't seem to be helping. I'm weak as a kitten and so very tired all the time.....omg, what if I have mono? :ohmy: I need to call my doctor.

Inthekitchen, it's not ideal but maybe you could get a PO Box and have official bodies and companies send mail there. It's a nuisance going to get the mail every now and then but at least you'd be sure to get it. As for what action to take, that's not easy to decide, especially when you have to live next door to them. Film footage or photos would back up any case you might want to make, but doing much more than that might exacerbate the situation. Judging by your post, they're obviously far more willing to get nasty than you are. You do x, they will do x twice over. I hope this doesn't sound unsympathetic - it's just the voice of a very bad experience. I know how hard it is to have to deal with difficult neighbours. You have my every sympathy.

Lulu, check your existing insurance. You might find you're insured to drive in Italy under your existing policy for a short while, though the insurance will probably only be third party. Plus, try Direct Line. They provide long-term cover for UK drivers here in Spain. As far as I know, they do the same for Italy. And if that doesn't work, you might even find it cheaper to buy a second-hand car there rather than registering yours.

Last edited:
Holy cow, everyone is having a rough go of it lately. My sympathies to you all.

I'm venting about not being able to get well. I've been sick for 2 weeks, coughing, gunk in my chest, miserable nights, sore throat, my ears hurt from fluid and I can't get better. I'm on very powerful antibiotics and they don't seem to be helping. I'm weak as a kitten and so very tired all the time.....omg, what if I have mono? :ohmy: I need to call my doctor.

HalfBaked, you likely have the flu, which is a virus. So the antibiotics won't do a dang thing.
It took me the better part of a month to get better and I am usually a pretty quick healer. My Dr gave me T3's to help me sleep at night but told me absolutely NOT to take them in the day. You need to cough and try to get the guck out of your lungs or you could end up with pneumonia. Try getting a little pillow and bracing it against your body when you cough. That helps a bit. I doubt you have mono as you would not be able to swallow even your own saliva without a great deal of pain. You DO have a particularly ugly virus though. Fluids and rest is all you can do. Crappy but true. Hugs to you and a prayer that you get well soon.

Snoop Puss said:
ILulu, check your existing insurance. You might find you're insured to drive in Italy under your existing policy for a short while, though the insurance will probably only be third party. Plus, try Direct Line. They provide long-term cover for UK drivers here in Spain. As far as I know, they do the same for Italy. And if that doesn't work, you might even find it cheaper to buy a second-hand car there rather than registering yours.

Oh, dear, I AM direct line, but I got three points this year (I have three points expiring in December) and because that makes 6 for a crossover of two months they will not reinsure me. As it stands I get thirty days in Italy! The pain of it is I wasn't speeding the second time, but I thought I would accept them rather than make a fuss, how stupid was that...its just we had so much on between here and Italy! And I have been trying to sell my car to re buy, but noone even came to look at it, it was in the motor press for five weeks, not one call! And I advertised it at 1500 under the list price!:mad: Other wise, both very sensible ideas! Thanks for the thought Snoop!

No Fun

Half Baked said:
Inthekithen, can you get a restraining order and then if you catch them doing anything it is a REAL prosecuteable problem for them.

Licia, I'm having problems with a hospital too. My insurance pays 100% but they are always late. I have a warning letter from the hospital now.

Being sick is something you can't fault anyone about. My doctor gave me flu shot last time I was there (last week) telling me my immune system is surpressed due to this disability. so I hope I won't experience what you have. (knock on wood). As Alix said you have to get rest and that is the healer no matter what medicines you take. The body has its own way of getting better and this is the mind as well as the body.

About my trouble, I am praying for help in this circumstance. Asking for direction. Have been here long time and to want to leave is sad. I remember what it 'once was'. All your suggestions are of great importance to me and I will surely look into all of them to make the necessary changes to get around their intentions. They just don't have enough worries to think about otherwise they wouldn't do these things. To torment someone is cruel. An animal doesn't deserve this abuse.

Thanks for all your time.

My girlfriend got into some sugar last night and she drove me NUTS!
I was so close to snapping at her.
I'm gonna go home, play some games, and hope, hope! she doesn't have anymore candy.

It was one of those slushies... the liquid sugar stuff you can buy at convenience stores.

Just a note to say Thanks - I want to thank all of you for your pm's and words of encouragment and advice about my decision - I have taken the advice, and made my decision - You were right ...I feel better now and at least I am not in limbo anymore - You are like the family I never had!!!!

She found the car - it was towed IN ERROR. Their error, but SHE had to provide the papers to get her car back. Indeed we do live in a mixed up world. We MAY have the insurance thing settled also. I got a notice yesterday that I was being turned over to a collection agency - this after they have called me from 9 am to 8:30 pm (which I think is against the law).The insurance company said we don't owe the hospital a cent more and the hospital representative agreed to call the insurance company and clear the accounts. WHY do we have to go thru so much trouble at our expense when we aren't at fault? I bet there are many people who pay just to keep from being harrassed, but I'm not one of them. I'm afraid it will only get worse as dh and I get older.:(

licia said:
She found the car - it was towed IN ERROR. Their error, but SHE had to provide the papers to get her car back. Indeed we do live in a mixed up world. We MAY have the insurance thing settled also. I got a notice yesterday that I was being turned over to a collection agency - this after they have called me from 9 am to 8:30 pm (which I think is against the law).The insurance company said we don't owe the hospital a cent more and the hospital representative agreed to call the insurance company and clear the accounts. WHY do we have to go thru so much trouble at our expense when we aren't at fault? I bet there are many people who pay just to keep from being harrassed, but I'm not one of them. I'm afraid it will only get worse as dh and I get older.:(
So glad to hear that in the end all was well - your right - This is a mixed up world - Thats why we come here to DC- For a taste of sanity!!!:wacko:

Licia I am SO pleased that these stupid problems have been resolved. As my mother used to tell me mid-teen tantrum, no one said the world was fair! It sucks though doesn't it? I still live in hope that it might turn out to be a fair place!

Hello Licia,
I hope everything gets sorted out. But next time you have a similar situation with the hospital, go on the attack: threaten to sue them for harrassment and tell them you'll be seeking punitive damages for distress.

Unfortunately I'm not as kind or as calm as you guys. Although my physical condition doesn't allow for a full on old time assault - perpetrators of such things against us don't know that so I get my own back with abuse and intimidation of the physical kind. I do not stop until the tears are flowing against the dirty incompetent mongrels. AND I DON'T CARE.

People don't care how they treat you so I go in all guns blazing and don't stop until tears are flowing by the gallons.

One unwanted debt collector broke his leg whilst exiting our property. It wasn't our debt but he wasn't going without a fight and he got it the dirty low mongrel.

Gutless, incompetent people!! That is what they are, and I hate 'em with a passion.

Don't get upset people. Get angry! Get even! Take it out on them! Refuse point blank to accept anything unless it is in writing. Treat them with the contempt that they've treated you.

It really gives me the S**ts to see good people upset by absolute morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom