"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #3651
Master Chef

sounds like you need to take a rehydrant ITK........has salts in i to help you retain water........ask your pharmacist or chemist what they recommend.........by the way secretions and sneezing can affect people within one meter of you.......take a yardstick and do a revolution......that's who is infecting you......so on a plane that's about 10 people or a busy mall or a Mcdonald's..............

Old 10-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #3652
Executive Chef

I think a surgical face mask might be better, ITK. You can buy them by the box at a pharmacy. Yes, it really does help you keep from spreading many viruses.

But the best thing would be for your brother to re-schedule or take the bus or a cab. You should be at home taking care of yourself until you're truly well, my friend. I look forward to reading your posts and I know everyone else does so we don't want anything to happen to you!

Old 10-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #3653
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
Okay, so I have been very very sick with some kind of virus. Not sleeping, coughing when I do lay down, constant battle. of course drinking water and going to bathroom like I am dried up. don't know what all this is about? Anyway, HAVE to take brother to doctor visit. He doesn't want to pass it up. No matter what. Not only do I take him, I HAVE to wear a scarf around my mouth. He said do it in Japan all the time. He doesn't want to get it and doesn't want me to give it to someone else? I got it from someone didn't I? If they were wearing scarf or not I don't know if it would have helped. I have to go to the store for him and the bank. Can you believe what I day I will have? It will wear me out just explaining to people about the get up. Probably think Halloween. You think he would do all this for me? I got feelings too you know. I am praying he doesn't get it. Been sick over week. My work is never going to get caught up. Wonder where I got it? Hope you all stay healthy. OH, chicken soup doesn't help.
i think your brother is taking advantage of you. just tell him no! if you have what i had, you are to sick to do anything. i could barely make it to my doctor for myself. also had to take antibiotic, maybe u should check with doctor. also got a pill for the cough. the coughing just wore me out. so i know how you feel. be a little caring of yourself for a change
Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #3654
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
ITK,
Oh I hope it's nothing serious. Make sure you get checked by a doctor right away.

I've been struggling with eczema for 3 weeks and I hate it. It came back just when I got more stress in my life...or more allergens like our new puppy. I'm so fed up with this skin disorder. I'm applying a petroleum jelly, benadryl gel and a topical medicated cream for dermatitis but the waiting for it to dry up and heal up is so long. It's been hot down here and can't wear any shorts cause it's all over my lower legs and on my arms. Argh!
Old 10-21-2008, 01:19 AM   #3655
Master Chef

Dina, years ago I got a very bad case of housewifes's eczema from soap products on my hands ...they were dry, itchy, cracking and bleeding.........doc put me under a UV lamp and then gave me some cream that began with a V.........cleared it right up......he told me not to wash my hands in hot water or sudsy water unless I wore gloves......I imagine that you are having a reaction to the soap products that you are using .......ask you pharmacist what's a mild soap to use......I also had it on my scalp and was actually bleeding it was so bad.........Neurogena's TGel extra-strenghth shampoo was the only thing that worked......still does.........smells terrible cause it contains coal tar but it works.......hope you feel better......eczema is terrible to have
Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #3656
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Thanks for the tips ExPat. I have changed my shampoo and dishwashing soap in the last month so I'm sure it has to do with it. I've gone back to what I used before and have kept applying the medicated cream Kenacomb. The arms are healed and the legs are clearing up slowly. At least there's no more swelling, burning or itching.
Blah!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:47 AM   #3657
Master Chef

Glad to hear that, Dina, and that your skin is getting better.......you also may want to see if you changed your laundry detergents........
Old 10-27-2008, 04:22 AM   #3658
Senior Cook

cancer sucks!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:35 AM   #3659
Executive Chef

<<<<<<<<<<<<Potclanger>>>>>>>>>>>>
We are here if you want to talk more.

Ray
Old 10-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #3660
Sous Chef

can I vent about all my appliances going on the blink within one week of each other? First my double oven said see-ya then the fridge not wanting the oven to be lonely started smoking, okay then my dishwasher stopped working. After a week of washing dishes by hand the dishwasher started working I do not know how or why. So now I am reduced to a toaster oven, a very small fridge and a microwave. oh and 2 bread machines. Craigslist is looking very promising. Thank you I needed to get that off my chest. traitorous appliances

Closed Thread