"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #4181
Master Chef

Today is my 24th anniversary. I woke up and thought about that and cried. Where did it go? What do I have to show for it? Yes, I have 2 kids at least. 24 years of nothing. We co exist is the best I can describe. I love him and I would never do anything to hurt him, but, I wonder if it's going to be this way for the rest of my life? We go to work, come home, eat, go to bed. We don't do anything together, never did. Last movie we saw together was the first Batman. He took me out to eat on my B-day 5 years ago and griped about the food. Ok, I will go any further, not worth boring you. Just had to let it out There is nothing in the works as a gift either. I had to get new tires the other day as one blew and 2 others were showing thread, so, I get home, he says Happy Anniversary.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #4182
Everymom

Aw Stacy, I'm sorry. I know that is small comfort though. I also know that although you guys aren't exactly what you want to be there is caring there. You have gone over and above to help him with his swallowing issues and finding palatable things for him. You have such a huge heart for everyone you deserve to have someone treat you like the Queen you are. I'm sorry he isn't able (for whatever reason) to do that for you. But know sweet Stacy that we all recognize your loving and giving heart. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Stacy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I really wish I could do that in person, but this will have to do.

PS, and you have accomplished a LOT in your life. Just maybe not all the things you thought you would. You have touched the lives of people all over the world Stacy. Well, at least in Canada ...

Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #4183
Chef Extraordinaire

Stacy,
There was something special 24 years ago, it's still there, it's just that the years have pushed back and you need to look for it, shine it up and remember what it was that made your heart beat so fast. You know how he is and you've chosen to accept it..There must be a reason STacy a small glimmer of that young man from long ago who made your heart skip a beat. I know he is set in his ways and can be a pita right? We all have one of those, but there are time when my attitude causes it. So, now that first flush is gone, but a deep abiding love is there..Look at him when he doesn't know that you are,do you see what is left of your heart throb, try to do something each day that you know he likes..But first off, don't expect a big deal from it. Do it to boost Stacy..I know what a wonderful, loving,giving woman you are and as I told you you are like someone very special in my life and you know what I told you. Stacy, we all love the cards, flower, dinners out but we also know that if they are dissapointed in the road life has taken them, they become old grumps instead of young heros...learn to accept a good meal or the house looks nice of any small thing he says or does..I'll be here praying he opens his eyes and realizes what a gift he has...Know that your loved and that you are ever so special and will always be.
cj
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #4184
Executive Chef

Telephone

As many of you have heard for some time I have tried to figure out how to get my neighbor's son to stop listening to my phone calls. He works for a computer company and he listens every day. I have had t his going on for almost 5 years since my brother who is disabled got out of nursing home. I HAVE to call him daily to make sure he is alive. No one else in family will call and check on him. Too much of bother. I prayed about this situation as I know this has happened to make me upset. \This kid only listens to my conversations as his mother and I cannot get along. She is such a spoiled person and is spoiling her son. When he was still in high school I knew he would be goofball. (I have already spent over $600 on private investigator to find out results and to be honest they tried to just do things that I had to pay for)

I thought my prayers were answered when he got another job in September working for contracting company. He was so dumb he drove the t rucks over here to visit his mom while he was working. Then in January they laid him off. I wonder why. He is back at the computer company and on the phone!

Example: I wanted to see reaction I would get if I told my brother the woman must have lesbian tendencies as she is so concerned about only me. The very next day she started leaving the house to babysit her son's child at his house. Also, my niece involved in Dog Rescue she only has 13 now. Used to have 16. Talking to my brother about this only gave her idea to join dog rescue group. Now she has the dogs and on regular basis they are getting out of the yard and I try not to worry as she should realize she has to be responsible. Happens to often.

I do not like to be this way as I am going against my religion by hating my neighbor. When you try being nice she reacts with some kind of evil act. Sorry to bring this up again but it is really starting to affect me calling my brother. He just doesn't want to say hello and hang up. He has no one else to talk to. He tells me most of his friends are gone. (died) Using the cell phone costs me 25 cents minute. Have to watch every luxury I have.
Just called to tell him I was picking him up for doctor appointment and he plays stupid games. My brother couldn't hear me until this kid stopped making the voice go through.

Calling police, phone company, FCC,, Attorney General, representatives, does absolutely no good. Police tell me to see psychiatrist. Sometimes I wonder what has to happen before people will listen.

Just hope your neighbors don't go this far. So hateful. Can't live and let live!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #4185
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
As many of you have heard for some time I have tried to figure out how to get my neighbor's son to stop listening to my phone calls. He works for a computer company and he listens every day. I have had t his going on for almost 5 years since my brother who is disabled got out of nursing home. I HAVE to call him daily to make sure he is alive. No one else in family will call and check on him. Too much of bother. I prayed about this situation as I know this has happened to make me upset. \This kid only listens to my conversations as his mother and I cannot get along. She is such a spoiled person and is spoiling her son. When he was still in high school I knew he would be goofball. (I have already spent over $600 on private investigator to find out results and to be honest they tried to just do things that I had to pay for)

I thought my prayers were answered when he got another job in September working for contracting company. He was so dumb he drove the t rucks over here to visit his mom while he was working. Then in January they laid him off. I wonder why. He is back at the computer company and on the phone!

Example: I wanted to see reaction I would get if I told my brother the woman must have lesbian tendencies as she is so concerned about only me. The very next day she started leaving the house to babysit her son's child at his house. Also, my niece involved in Dog Rescue she only has 13 now. Used to have 16. Talking to my brother about this only gave her idea to join dog rescue group. Now she has the dogs and on regular basis they are getting out of the yard and I try not to worry as she should realize she has to be responsible. Happens to often.

I do not like to be this way as I am going against my religion by hating my neighbor. When you try being nice she reacts with some kind of evil act. Sorry to bring this up again but it is really starting to affect me calling my brother. He just doesn't want to say hello and hang up. He has no one else to talk to. He tells me most of his friends are gone. (died) Using the cell phone costs me 25 cents minute. Have to watch every luxury I have.
Just called to tell him I was picking him up for doctor appointment and he plays stupid games. My brother couldn't hear me until this kid stopped making the voice go through.

Calling police, phone company, FCC,, Attorney General, representatives, does absolutely no good. Police tell me to see psychiatrist. Sometimes I wonder what has to happen before people will listen.

Just hope your neighbors don't go this far. So hateful. Can't live and let live!
if I knew how to just preface certain sentences and not the whole text I would......anyway......if you know for a fact that he's bombarding you give him junk mail to process........that's what experts recommend to do with companies that send you paper landslides in the mail......just mail it back to them.........they have to pay for it.............and I'm sorry and hope that you resolve your problem quickly......:):)
Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 PM   #4186
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Today is my 24th anniversary. I woke up and thought about that and cried. Where did it go? What do I have to show for it? Yes, I have 2 kids at least. 24 years of nothing. We co exist is the best I can describe. I love him and I would never do anything to hurt him, but, I wonder if it's going to be this way for the rest of my life? We go to work, come home, eat, go to bed. We don't do anything together, never did. Last movie we saw together was the first Batman. He took me out to eat on my B-day 5 years ago and griped about the food. Ok, I will go any further, not worth boring you. Just had to let it out There is nothing in the works as a gift either. I had to get new tires the other day as one blew and 2 others were showing thread, so, I get home, he says Happy Anniversary.
if I can give some advice, Stacy......you've been together 24 years and it's boring......well......if you took a poll ............you'd probably get similar responses........Happy Anniversary.......at least he remembered.......:):) I think you have the blues and going thru the change.....trust me......if you are you are on THE hormonal roller coaster........you will be up one day and in the troughs the next....just go with the flow if this is the problem .......you will feel better and glad that an old boring hubby stuck with you...... Please cheer up.....you don't throw away 24 years......you know how you can spice things up............and you know how their brain cells react........... I hope all works out......
Old 02-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #4187
Certified Cake Maniac

Great News!!! Our new vanity arrived today and was installed; the plumber came just as the first guy was leaving to hook up the water to the sink and the flooring company called to set up a time to do the last of the floors!!!!

Okay, you are saying, why is this in the venting thread?

We never got a chance to check the vanity out before the plumber got in there. The vanity was built 2 inches too short and now the plumber has to unhook it, they have to remove and rebuild it (even the doors will have to be done over), reinstall it, have the plumber come back again and put off the flooring guys once more.

So, basically today never happened.

Okay, I feel better now.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #4188
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Ah rats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry!

Barbara
Old 02-24-2009, 10:15 PM   #4189
Master Chef

Well, I am super PO'd at my worthless, druggie, stealing, lying bum of a grandson. We raised him from age 3, and we didn't raise him this way.

I have been loving, patient and forgiving, but I am fed up. I have had enough.

As far as Kim and I are concerned, he's on his own. Sometimes there's just things you have to do!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #4190
Everymom

Yikes! I'm sorry you have to deal with that Constance. FWIW, tough love really does work. I hope things shape up soon.

Closed Thread