"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #4571
Chef Extraordinaire

good plan. i am venting at the "handy man from hell" he cleaned house . today in straightening things up , i find many thinks undone. all my furniture is white and washable. the coffee table appeared not to have been done at all.

i have an old pitcher and bowl. it hasn't been cleaned in forever i think. he missed completely the glass on a wicker basket i have. so i am ticked and rightly so. guess i just saw the over all and not the details

Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #4572
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
good plan. i am venting at the "handy man from hell" he cleaned house . today in straightening things up , i find many thinks undone. all my furniture is white and washable. the coffee table appeared not to have been done at all.

i have an old pitcher and bowl. it hasn't been cleaned in forever i think. he missed completely the glass on a wicker basket i have. so i am ticked and rightly so. guess i just saw the over all and not the details
Babe, is this the same handyman who has been driving you crazy for as long as I have "known" you? You need to give him the boot or at least an ultimatum that he shapes up or ships out!

My Dad had a cleaning lady who bulldozed her way through his suite. She broke a printer, one of my Mom's prized vases (that my sister was supposed to get) and I can't remember what all. Some days the place was spotless and others it was worse than before she arrived. Dad would hide everything before she would come and then put it all back when she left - he did more than the cleaning and it was too much for him. We finally convinced him to get rid of her and got someone knew. She was great and even helped out when we moved Dad here and sold the place.

http://beinglydia.com
Old 09-23-2009, 01:08 AM   #4573
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Babe, is this the same handyman who has been driving you crazy for as long as I have "known" you? You need to give him the boot or at least an ultimatum that he shapes up or ships out!

My Dad had a cleaning lady who bulldozed her way through his suite. She broke a printer, one of my Mom's prized vases (that my sister was supposed to get) and I can't remember what all. Some days the place was spotless and others it was worse than before she arrived. Dad would hide everything before she would come and then put it all back when she left - he did more than the cleaning and it was too much for him. We finally convinced him to get rid of her and got someone knew. She was great and even helped out when we moved Dad here and sold the place.
i know he is a flake and i enable him to be one. however he does so many things for me (installed a ceiling fan in my bedroom. ) everytime i get mad at him, i swear i will give him the boot.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #4574
Chef Extraordinaire

I am so ticked at myself I could go bay at the moon..Bought some short ribs to make beef soup, got the pot nice and hot and started putting in the meat..Things were going to well and I forgot to turn off the heat til I finished getting the meat going...Went to turn one rib over and kerpow I got it in both eyes and my lips and do they burn..Should look real pretty by tomorrow...When will I learn? Lord only knows..I could kick myself around the block...This blasted soup better taste good or else Anybody want soup?
kades
Old 09-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #4575
Certified Cake Maniac

Oh Kades, I am so sorry to hear that. But please don't be so hard on yourself. You don't know how many times I have burned myself on the oven racks or let oil spit at me when it is too hot and I add food. It happens. I just hope it isn't too bad and you feel better soon.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #4576
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I am so ticked at myself I could go bay at the moon..Bought some short ribs to make beef soup, got the pot nice and hot and started putting in the meat..Things were going to well and I forgot to turn off the heat til I finished getting the meat going...Went to turn one rib over and kerpow I got it in both eyes and my lips and do they burn..Should look real pretty by tomorrow...When will I learn? Lord only knows..I could kick myself around the block...This blasted soup better taste good or else Anybody want soup?
kades
That hurt just reading it!

You forgot to turn off the burner. My problem seems to be (and LP can verify this, lol) forgetting to turn the burner on! A couple times (I was talking with LP both times) I put something on the stove, and when I went to check on it I hadn't even turned it on! But at least it is hard to get burned that way. Maybe you should try cooking with the stove off, like I do!

BTW, Did the soup taste good?

Barbara
Old 09-24-2009, 01:41 AM   #4577
Certified Cake Maniac

My Vent? My MSN is not working. I am hoping people like Alix and Barbara see this so they don't worry about me.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #4578
Master Chef

Quote:
kades
Oh kades, I do hope you are okay and that the soup tasted good.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #4579
Master Chef

Quote:
kades
YOWCHIE!! are you ok now? how was the soup? i want some!! recipe please ................
Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #4580
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi Guys,
I'm ok..have a small blister on my lip and so I'm fine. The soup turned out great...it was an easy make it up as you go soup. I browned the beef ribs then added several med diced onions, about 4 cloves minced garlic..several boxes of beef stock. Then let it simmer several hours...When I was happy with the taste of the stock,I added just a little white wine and started putting in veggies, carrots,diced,frozen peas, a small box of frozen chopped spinach, half a cabbage shredded, diced potatoes about 5 small,celery diced and some fresh parsley..I added twoard the end some parmesan rinds I had and let it go til soft, then served with nice warm french bread and butter....
kades