"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:35 PM   #531
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
well.. my new freezer just arrived. And then went away again...

It was dented very badly on both sides. I refused delivery!!!! The delivery man said this happens all the time! IT DOES??? Well why don't they do something about it? They'll be bringing a new one (again) on Saturday. Sigh.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #532
Executive Chef

Make Difference

I don't think that is as bad as having delivery men show up at 5:30 on Friday night and tell me they can't get it into the kitchen when it is the same size as the old one! They left it on the breezeway w/doors off and all my food on the counters. They advised me to go to the store tomorrow and buy smaller one. HO HO HO. It was middle of July and no air condioning in the house. I won't ever forget that. We had to call on some friends to put the thing together and move into the kitchen. At least my food was saved. The name of the company was SEARS.

Old 10-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #533
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
ok, you win. But.. I'm still mad. lol.

Yep, We bought this one at SEARS too.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:10 AM   #534
Executive Chef

Sears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
ok, you win. But.. I'm still mad. lol.

Yep, We bought this one at SEARS too.
I thought SEARS was like a god at our house. Whatever we got was from SEARS! I am so sorry to see how they are treating their customers. I purposely mentioned the name as i wouldn't wish this experience to happen to no one. I truly won't forget this and I know you won't either. Had to get dryer and pay for delivery but what a difference. They came at the time expected and even swept behind the appliance for me. Do I appreciate when people do their jobs but why is there a extra cost involved for them to do this?

pdswife, why do I always win at the wrong time? Hope your freezer comes perfect and that you have good luck w/it. I look at my fridge and remember the incident connected w/it.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #535
Chef Extraordinaire

and it continutes... so... they were supposed to deliver the new freezer last night between four and six. At 7:30 they finally call and say that they are at the top of my road and REFUSE to drive down with their big truck. It's TOOOOO dark! Well, it wasn't dark at four o'clock and it wasn't even dark at six o'clock. If they'd come on time then I'd have my freezer!!!! Ok, I understand how they could get behind on their deliveries... but, I'm still feeling the need to vent. They've promised to bring it Monday before 2:00 pm. It'd better be in good shape and they'd better be on time... or I'll cry.

We are getting a 75 dollar gift card for all our hassles though. I guess that's a good thing. : )
Old 10-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #536
Head Chef

Don't they have lights on their truck? How did they manage to get back to the store? It doesn't inspire much confidence in their driving skills.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #537
Chef Extraordinaire

No... no it doesn't. I think they were just tooo lazy to want to deliver one more thing in an already busy day. Boo -hiss at them.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #538
Head Chef

Venting

My Arthritis has been really bad for the past week. I am very stiff in the morning when I first wake up - then I take my cane and walk around the condo for a little while.

I am having a lot of trouble with my right arm and at night when I go to sleep I am up half the night because of the pain.

My doctor gave me prescriptions for Vicodin and Motrin (800 mg) tablets for the pain but nothing seems to help. I do have cold packs to put on my knees to lower the swelling and sometimes that helps a bit.

Sorry about my problem but I am very unhappy and in a lot of pain.

Jill and Jolie
Old 10-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #539
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpj4
My doctor gave me prescriptions for Vicodin and Motrin (800 mg) tablets for the pain but nothing seems to help. I do have cold packs to put on my knees to lower the swelling and sometimes that helps a bit.

Sorry about my problem but I am very unhappy and in a lot of pain.
Wow; I'm sorry you have all this pain to deal with. A man who works for me suffers terribly from arthritis, and his doctor prescribes something called Mobic. It seems to help him a great deal with the pain. Might be worth asking your doc about it.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:08 AM   #540
Executive Chef

Jill, I suffer from arthritis also. I feel your pain, girl. I pray you will get some relief soon.