"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 03:07 PM   #911
Master Chef

Thanks expatgirl. Juast found out how much we are loosing. $1200. plus whatever the party looses are I don't know yet. Darn, anyway, did I ever give you my borscht recipe, I remember you're asking but do not remember if I got back to you.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #912
Chef Extraordinaire

someone picked all of the silver tips out of my earl grey with silvertips.

i went to make a pot this morning only to find someone's put their grubby fingers in my tea tin.

grrrrrrrr.

thank you, now back to real life problems.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #913
Head Chef

Hi CharlieD, easier said than done, but just send them the bill, at least for the party.

bucktom, I take it you have a good idea who the responsible party is?
Old 01-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #914
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD
So, we were planning to go to this wedding, next week, the whole family. Father of bride just called, the wedding is off.
Called airline to refund/cansel/change the tickets, they want $150 bucks per ticket. The hotel wants half of the prepaid price. But it doesn't ends there. We were the one who were going to give the afterwards party, I don't even want to think how much it's going to cost us.
Of course we are not as bad as the parents are, but I'm still pretty mad. i probably wouldn't be if the person who cancel the wedding, the girl, was not so erogant and cocky(sp?). I'm sure in part it is her fault. Grrrrrr, I can't even begin tocomprehand what the people think about.
Well, in the end it's better that way, rather then if they got maried and got divorce latter. Hope it's all for the best.
So sorry I missed this Charlie D! Had I seen it sooner I'd of suggested you change it around and make it into a vacation of some sort. Hope in the end it all turns out.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #915
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Cuillo
Ok, I started this new job today and I was very excited to start working in the branch. (I work for a bank as a teller supervisor) My OJT(on the job trainer) was a complete "female dog". She was supposed to be showing me around the branch as to where things were and introducing me to the customers. Instead, she just sat there and talked to the other tellers, completely ignoring me and leaving me to stand there with nothing to do. I tried to engage in conversation only to get simple one word answers. I understand that I am the ugly duckling as I grew up in CT but I am going to be your supervisor...couldn't you atleast talk to me? And what kind of a first impression is that? I was so excited to get there and for what? Hopefully it was just first day jitters for them and tomorrow will be better.
Sorry I missed your post Mrs. C. I sure hope things are better now. Is it possible you got a position this person was wanting? If I were in this position I'd address it head on and say, "I understand I'm the new one here but I don't understand why you feel the need to treat me so rudely".....I'm sure the person will end up trying to seem utterly shocked and back track and say they don't understand what on earth you are talking about but tell her exactly how she has made you feel. I've found that by address people who behave this way .....its like a slap in the face for them .....as most people don't call them on it so they feel they can be superior and get away with it. I say bring her down to earth. You don't deserve to be treated this way stand up for yourself.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #916
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

i went to make a pot this morning only to find someone's put their grubby fingers in my tea tin.

grrrrrrrr.

Bucky, it's a SERIOUS real life problem!! No one messes with my earl grey tea, or they better be prepared for the consequence!!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #917
Master Chef

Quote:

grrrrrrrr.

I must confess I had no idea what in the world you were talking about other than it had something to do with tea so I had to google. I'm a bonafide - addicted - loyal fan of my Lipton ....been tempted to try others and have a few but ultimately I go back to my tried and true. Someday I'll try to venture out of my tea safety zone again and will keep your earl gray in mind.

You never said if this happened at home or work.....I'm assuming work as I don't think your lil one would be all that interested in your silver tips at such a young age....LOL and I think your DW would know you well enough to not even attempt...LOL!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #918
Chef Extraordinaire

urm, you're darned tootin'!!!! (i sound really nerdy trying to keep it pg)

snoop, i have no idea who might be the thief in search of tasty anti-oxidants.

sizz, it was at work. dw doesn't drink hot tea very often, anyway. but she picks all of the m&m's out of my costco trail mix, which is nearly the same offense.

i was raised all lipton, all the time, too. iced lipton tea in summer, hot lipton tea the rest of the year.
lipton's corporate hq is not far from where i grew up, so even a few friend's parents worked for them.

having tea after dinner in chinese and japanese restaurants were what got me started in trying "other" teas.

when you're ready, go to Harney and Sons Tea and Teavana - Home for some good info and good teas.

back to venting, umm, lemme think.

i'm off to make another pot of tea without silvertips...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #919
Master Chef

Quote:
urm, you're darned tootin'!!!! (i sound really nerdy trying to keep it pg)

snoop, i have no idea who might be the thief in search of tasty anti-oxidants.

sizz, it was at work. dw doesn't drink hot tea very often, anyway. but she picks all of the m&m's out of my costco trail mix, which is nearly the same offense.

i was raised all lipton, all the time, too. iced lipton tea in summer, hot lipton tea the rest of the year.
lipton's corporate hq is not far from where i grew up, so even a few friend's parents worked for them.

having tea after dinner in chinese and japanese restaurants were what got me started in trying "other" teas.

when you're ready, go to Harney and Sons Tea and Teavana - Home for some good info and good teas.

back to venting, umm, lemme think.

i'm off to make another pot of tea without silvertips...
Thanks for the tip....no pune intended . Hope the silvertip bandit realizes what goes around comes around.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #920
Head Chef

Yikes....I had a boss once who was so fussy about his Earl Grey. In the end, because his pot was never as he wanted, he got bags so we had to do the English poncey thing of three dunks and its out. When he was being particularly obnoxious I got real JOY at the fourth dunk of that ****** teabag, lol.

Well, my boiler was fixed today, so I should be happy, but for some reson the water is only coming out hot if the tap is only partly open. If you turn it to a decent pressure (or semi-decent, which is the best we get!) it goes STONE cold. But the heating is working and slowly re-warming the flat, which over night anfd this mornignwas down to 2 degrees! so at least to nights cold shower will be tempered by a warmer towel :(