One of our own needs your thoughts and prayers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kitchenelf said:
Thank you everyone for your well-wishes - Sierra cook and I both appreciate it. We both met her and Paul. Where did you meet her and Paul Sierra, I can't remember. We met them for lunch in Napa Valley. I've said this before but I'll say it again - As we sat behind them and they drove away in front of us I started crying - my husband looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "I know, I know" - we instantly loved them both. We knew we had met two people because of some obscure Internet cooking site and they forever would stay in our hearts!

I will call her tomorrow and check back in here.

I met Marge and Paul in Auburn, CA. I was down there for some training and they drove up from Sacramento to have lunch with me. Marge bought Dove with her. Dove is so cute. Marge and Paul were so nice. I wish that I had more time to spend with them.

Thanks Elf and Sierra, for keeping us updated on the progress of this lovely couple. I am glad that they are at least able to stay close together, and that Marge seems to be improving very well... and you guys are fortunate to know them in person!!

Marge, my prayers are with you both, you're such a loving person. We'll miss your posts - many hugs and you'll be in my prayers every single day!

It may or may not be a comfort, but everyone I know who has had hip replacement surgery ... welll, it gave them a new lease on life. I wish this for Dove.

I just now saw this thread - I'm so very sorry to hear about Marge!! :(

Take it easy, Marge - and do what the doc says. My prayers are with you and Paul. May each day find each of you feeling stronger and better!

I just talked to Marge - she is doing ok if the rehab nursing home would get her her pain meds BEFORE they are terribly late. Everyone keep your prayers going out - they need us. I will pass along her address to anyone who would like to send them a card - it will be their home address. I will pass it on to GB, MJ, Barbara L, and jkath since they seem to be on here the most and I won't be on at all the rest of the night.

She REALLY appreciates all the good thoughts and misses everyone TERRILBY as she says and would love to hear from you.

texasgirl said:
Hey, isn't Dove a pomeranian? {sp}
Dove is a long-coat chihuahua just like my Koapaka.

Can someone pm her addy to me? Thank you.

wasabi - really? Dove isn't a Pom? Oh dear - thanks!

texasgirl - I didn't think that - I just like the glare smiley for some reason - who knows why!

wasabi - I sent you her addy.

I'm going to be sending this whole thread to marge and just wanted everyone to know that I am erasing all the address requests - and if you have more thoughts going her way and Paul's way be sure and say them here.

If you still need her address just PM a site helper and you will get it.

Last edited:
Bump

Has anyone heard anymore about how Marge and Paul are doing?

kadesma

I have tried to call her and just get her voice mail. I will try again tomorrow. Apparently she isn't at home yet though.

I heard from Marge this morning - 7:30 AM my time which means it was 4:30 AM her time!!! She wants everyone to picture this - she's sitting in the bathroom area waiting for a towel and washcloth in her wheel chair with her foot propped up on a bed pan for support - she thought you guys would get a chuckle out of that!! She's doing better but if she had one more week or so to heal she would feel better about going home to also take care of Paul. Paul has lost a lot of weight - he's down to 112 lbs. - he needs our prayers as does Marge. Hopefully that will NOT send Paul home before Marge, which they are thinking of doing.

Keep them in your prayers - she really misses everyone - I mean REALLY misses everyone. She can't wait to get back here to her DC family.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know Elf...I plan to send her another card tomorrow...I really hope they keep Paul a little longer..112 lbs. or not that is still a lot for Marge to have to try to lift and all. She needs to heal completely herslf...Oh, boy, do I wish some of us were next door neighbors!!!!

kadesma

I just got off the phone with Marge (Dove). I'm happy to say she is in good spirits and had me laughing with her stories. I sent our love and prayers, and I told her how much we miss her here on DC. She said she really misses her computer and Dove. Hopefully, one of her sons will bring Dove in to visit mommy soon. She still needs our prayers and well wishes, but she sounds good and sends her "Hello" to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom