"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
Executive Chef

I think we could be best friends, Douzer!

Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
Head Chef

Lots of pain and turning purple, yep, could easily be fractured. Would add my vote to the X-ray approach. But certainly put it on ice.

Don't know how tough it is to see the Irish docs but I would suggest it. If you do tough it out this PM please go for help in the AM if it is no better.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
Head Chef

That is embarrassing, but you will be able to laugh about it soon.

In September of last year I was at a club and I had to walk up stairs to get to the bathroom. I came out of the bathroom and went to walk back down the stairs. Wet stairs, more than a couple of vodka's and OJ, and 3" heels were a concoction for disaster and I fell flat on my butt (after riding the stairs for a couple steps on my butt). I'm not sure what I did to my ankle, but I had a deep purple/red bruise for a LONGG time. It also had a bit ugly long bump where I hit it on the steps and it stayed for months! Blech!
Old 05-02-2008, 07:28 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntdot View Post
Lots of pain and turning purple, yep, could easily be fractured. Would add my vote to the X-ray approach. But certainly put it on ice.

Don't know how tough it is to see the Irish docs but I would suggest it. If you do tough it out this PM please go for help in the AM if it is no better.
you are so right auntdot, it should be looked at. i have had two fractured feet. not at same time . one stepped in a gopher hole and down i went. cast time. last bout this same time , slipped in bathroom and did the right foot. i didn't go to dr. for three weeks. when i went for something else he ex-ray it. cast time again. it didn't hurt all that much, that i thought it needed one. let the doctor be the judge of that

babe
Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
ouch!

Take care of yourself!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #16
Master Chef

Ouch for sure!!! I kicked the lawn mower the other day and had black toe!!! It's all better now! Hope your foot gets to feeling better soon!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:44 PM   #17
Master Chef

Chiming in as a guy here. Though high heels do look great for the right occasions, I do sympthize with you ladies. Never have worn heels of course, but have turned an ankle or to on skis, motorcycles, caught a curb wrong one time (that one hurt so bad, everything went black for a moment). And then there were a few injuries sustained in Judo. Yeh, I've felt that same pain, just from different circumstances.

Be sure to have that ankle looked at. You can wait it out, and the pain will eventually go away. But if there are torn ligaments, or a chipped bone, it can cause serious problems later on in life. And, it can probably be fixed much easier now that later.

I tore some tendons or muscles (not sure which as I didn't have sense enough to go to the doctor) in my left calf, in the rear center, just below the knee. Five years later, it still gives me occasional pain. If I'd gotten it taken care of properly, I'd probably be 100% for that muscle.

Don't tough it out. Be smart. Get it looked at. I speak from personal experience.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:05 AM   #18
Executive Chef

You never know which is the worst at the time - the pain from the fall or the embarrassment of the fall!! LOL I pretty much stopped wearing high heels when I did my knee in playing netball several years ago. Now I don't go over a couple of inches but they are block heels or wedges so I get the height (I too am only 5'3") but don't lose the stability. I am always ready to fall over! Luckily I have a good sense of stability and stop myself from actually tumbling the majority of time. A couple of years ago, I tripped over my own feet and took a dive. Did my ankle in (only a strain thankfully) but I did not spill a drop of cat food from the plate I was holding at the time. Having to clear up a broken plate and spilt food at the time would have aggrieved me so much more!! LOL

Get better soon.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #19
Master Chef

I'm with you Bilby, I don't wear heels... I tower over most of my friends as it is so I don't want to rub it in by wearing heels! Give me sneakers, I love em!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:57 AM   #20
Senior Cook

Forget the coca cola, sounds like you need the Remy straight up. I hope you will be okay.