Our new member of the family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so glad to hear that the little one is doing better! Before you know it you'll be on here complaining that she chewed up your favorite slipper! :)

Ah, thank you all. I have cuddled with her a lot. A friend and her daughter came by to visit her. Sam played and cuddled with them for a long time. They brought Sam some little bitty toys but Sam only wanted adult interaction. Of course she knows what's good. LOL

Today has been a better day too. My daughter gave her her bath, fed her and she's now sleeping like a baby. I am dreading giving her the dewormer but it's necessary. The antibiotic didn't cause vomitting today so it's a good thing. I hope the dewormer will not cause any more stomach discomfort. She's had enough and we all here are looking forward to getting her healthy.

Oh and for those that mentioned deafness in white dogs. Thankfully, Sam is not deaf. She hears my ever tip toe when she's dozing off and wakes up when she hears the phone ring. I'm glad she's okay with her hearing. She doesn't need more ailments. Will keep you posted soon and post some pics.

Dina, I am glad Sam is getting stronger and it sounds like she is in the perfect loving home. The dewormer should be okay if you give it with her normal food and if she does have worms she really needs the medicine. The worms will zap strength and nourishment from her. We had the same problem with our Violet because she was born outside and spent her first few weeks there.

I would love to see some pictures when you are ready to show us.

I'm glad to hear she's not deaf. It can be hard to raise a dog that is deaf from birth without the aid of a good trainer.
And think about deworming her as tough love. You should not dread wanting to make your dog healthy.... she won't hate you for it.

:) Aw, Dina be happy to deworm Sam those suckers are draining all the nutrition she is getting, tape worms are notorious for that. Once she has no worms of any kind you will see a dramatic improvement in her health.:)

Ah thanks for your words, Quicksilver. I'm just updating that Sam is better today. She ate well at 5:30 this morning, played then napped. Oh but let me tell you about nap time. She likes to be held, cuddled and petted as she falls asleep. Once she's in a deep sleep then I place her carefully in her crate and she sleeps like a baby. LOL She's SPOILED already! At lunchtime, she did it all over again. She refuses water so I'm having to add plenty of water mixed with her food. The supplemental food the Vet prescribed is helping her as I see her stronger, holding herself up more and she's not hungry between meals. I will continue to keep you all updated on her and post pics to see her growth. Thanks for the prayers for our little Sam.

Haven't been able to check back for the past couple of days. So I'm thrilled to see things coming along. I love "Nudgers"! They say they feed our endorfins too. So keep the cuddles coming. And please keep us posted. Thanks for the updates.

I know what those nasty worms do inside puppies. Ick! I gave her the second dewormer last night, along with the antibiotic and she didn't get sick anymore. The side effects are subsiding. Yey! I'm overjoyed! I hate to see her throw up and feel worse with meds but I know she has to have them. I will take pics Saturday and post tomorrow as it will be officially one week since we've had her. Thanks for your posts and words of concern for Sam. It really means a lot to us (even my daughter reads your posts and they bring a smile to her face).

Sam is 6 weeks old. Unfortunately, the mother didn't want her puppies so she's been feeding on puppy milk and grounded puppy food. She is a beautiful white boxer with a few brown spots on her. The kids are SO happy with their new baby! Enjoy the pics.
Give me that baby! Not kidding, I want her! Oh my gosh, I think I can smell puppy breath from here.
She is soooooooooooooooooooo seriously cute. I bet she'll be a wonderful addition to your family, lucky you, lucky her....

Sam's recovering well

Hi All!
Sam is recovering so well. I'm so thankful that the worse is over. Her dewormer kicked in and she's been able to absorb more nutrients to grow. Comparing the pics from the day we got her and now, I see a good difference. She's jumping about a foot high when she plays with Christopher~he loves to rattle her! She even has energy to bark! Her hair is shedding so it's a good sign that she's growing it back. The skin infection was giving her hair loss. She's doing wonderful. We love her to pieces. By the way, she DOES NOT wear diapers. Amanda was goofing off and made her one out of Sam's pads. lol

Attachments

• 100_1359.jpg
    100_1359.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_1354.jpg
    100_1354.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_1362.jpg
    100_1362.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 167
:) Oh soooo cute. She has one eye bigger than the other? I have never seen that before but it only adds to her cuteness.

Dina said:
Oh but let me tell you about nap time. She likes to be held, cuddled and petted as she falls asleep. Once she's in a deep sleep then I place her carefully in her crate and she sleeps like a baby. LOL She's SPOILED already! At lunchtime, she did it all over again.

Dina - as my husband would say - she is NOT spoiled, she is well-loved!!!!!!!!! Your puppy is just well-loved and needs security...and you're it!

You must have been adding your pics as I was posting - she looks MUCH better! What a cutie!

Last edited:
She is so adorable, Dina. Thanks for sharing her with us. Prayers keep coming for her continued health.

I'm glad she is doing so much better Dina! She is so cute and sweet! She looks well cared for and well loved!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom