"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #41
Executive Chef

Talking

so glad to hear that the little one is doing better! Before you know it you'll be on here complaining that she chewed up your favorite slipper!

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #42
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Ah, thank you all. I have cuddled with her a lot. A friend and her daughter came by to visit her. Sam played and cuddled with them for a long time. They brought Sam some little bitty toys but Sam only wanted adult interaction. Of course she knows what's good. LOL

Today has been a better day too. My daughter gave her her bath, fed her and she's now sleeping like a baby. I am dreading giving her the dewormer but it's necessary. The antibiotic didn't cause vomitting today so it's a good thing. I hope the dewormer will not cause any more stomach discomfort. She's had enough and we all here are looking forward to getting her healthy.

Oh and for those that mentioned deafness in white dogs. Thankfully, Sam is not deaf. She hears my ever tip toe when she's dozing off and wakes up when she hears the phone ring. I'm glad she's okay with her hearing. She doesn't need more ailments. Will keep you posted soon and post some pics.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #43
Certified Cake Maniac

Dina, I am glad Sam is getting stronger and it sounds like she is in the perfect loving home. The dewormer should be okay if you give it with her normal food and if she does have worms she really needs the medicine. The worms will zap strength and nourishment from her. We had the same problem with our Violet because she was born outside and spent her first few weeks there.

I would love to see some pictures when you are ready to show us.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm glad to hear she's not deaf. It can be hard to raise a dog that is deaf from birth without the aid of a good trainer.
And think about deworming her as tough love. You should not dread wanting to make your dog healthy.... she won't hate you for it.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #45
Executive Chef

Aw, Dina be happy to deworm Sam those suckers are draining all the nutrition she is getting, tape worms are notorious for that. Once she has no worms of any kind you will see a dramatic improvement in her health.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 PM   #46
Head Chef

i have always wanted a boxer ..
heard they are great dogs ..
Old 10-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #47
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina View Post
Ah thanks for your words, Quicksilver. I'm just updating that Sam is better today. She ate well at 5:30 this morning, played then napped. Oh but let me tell you about nap time. She likes to be held, cuddled and petted as she falls asleep. Once she's in a deep sleep then I place her carefully in her crate and she sleeps like a baby. LOL She's SPOILED already! At lunchtime, she did it all over again. She refuses water so I'm having to add plenty of water mixed with her food. The supplemental food the Vet prescribed is helping her as I see her stronger, holding herself up more and she's not hungry between meals. I will continue to keep you all updated on her and post pics to see her growth. Thanks for the prayers for our little Sam.
Haven't been able to check back for the past couple of days. So I'm thrilled to see things coming along. I love "Nudgers"! They say they feed our endorfins too. So keep the cuddles coming. And please keep us posted. Thanks for the updates.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:41 AM   #48
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I know what those nasty worms do inside puppies. Ick! I gave her the second dewormer last night, along with the antibiotic and she didn't get sick anymore. The side effects are subsiding. Yey! I'm overjoyed! I hate to see her throw up and feel worse with meds but I know she has to have them. I will take pics Saturday and post tomorrow as it will be officially one week since we've had her. Thanks for your posts and words of concern for Sam. It really means a lot to us (even my daughter reads your posts and they bring a smile to her face).
Old 10-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #49
Executive Chef

Good morning, Dina. SMILES here, for you and 'OUR' baby Sam.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM   #50
Senior Cook

Oh - so young! Too bad about the dam, but so glad you all were there for her! Best of luck and love to you !