"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #801
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs View Post
my meowers. if stuff can be broken- they'll break said item. if my food is unattended, said food disappears.
i'll find my dinner months thereafter, beneath some random item. if they wanna play with their stuffed toy at 4:00am, you're waking. they said so. & if they get hungry, you'll feed them at 5:00. despite that fact that they both already have food waiting-- they were too busy too look.
Hey, luvs! Great to see you! What have you been up to? Hope all is well

Old 08-21-2014, 03:57 PM   #802
Master Chef

luvs, you have cute meowers! It's funny how well our pets can train us, isn't it?

Old 08-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #803
Master Chef

gotgarlic, hi, great to see you, too! i'm usually either w/ 1 of my pals, or cooking, or somewhere social. you~
things're well.
cooking goddess- thanks! &, yep. i love how they own us. we're not their owners. they let us think that, though.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #804
Executive Chef

Anybody want a Maltese? Cute little bugger, but a real pain in the butt! I'll send him UPS overnight!
Old 08-22-2014, 12:20 PM   #805
Chef Extraordinaire

How can you resist those adorable eyes?
Old 08-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #806
Certified Cake Maniac

This is a picture of Monkey - you actually don't see her, but if you trace the course of the brown leash you will see where she has been. She is totally content going outside on her leash. But you have to go out every 20 minutes or so and rescue her. For some reason she really likes my greenhouse!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MonkeyBusiness.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	21725  

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:31 AM   #807
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Anybody want a Maltese? Cute little bugger, but a real pain in the butt! I'll send him UPS overnight!
My beloved Joie was part Maltese (Bichon Maltepoo to be exact). I know what you mean. I think he got the cuteness from all three and the obnoxiousness from all three as well. I'd take yours but I already have my limit of furry PIB's

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #808
Chef Extraordinaire

Parvo Virus Warning!

We are presently experiencing an epidemic of the Parvo Virus here in certain cities in Eastern Massachusetts. It is bad enough, that all the vets in this area have been donating their time and supplies while setting up free clinics for ALL dog owners. I hope this doesn't spread any further. And the cities and town affected are doing their best to capture any dogs running loose. I don't know much about this, but I do know it affects the dogs heart and if caught early enough, can be cured. Otherwise, the dog has to be put down.

So if you are planning a holiday or vacation trip to this state, please make sure your pet is properly immunized. Heads up every dog owner.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #809
Chef Extraordinaire

Teddy was very traumatized tonight. Spike was taking him for a walk and there was a cute little dog across the street. It was on a leash. It spotted Teddy and dashed across the street pulling the leash out of the owner's hand. A little boy. The dog ran right under an oncoming van. At first you could hear the dog yelping. Fortunately it came out the back unhurt. The driver did stop and the little kid almost ran out after him. The dog reached Teddy and Spike grabbed his leash. Poor Teddy. All the way walking back to my house Teddy would stop walking and start shaking and whimpering. Spike had to pick him up and calm him down. Spike would put him down and they would walk another block or so. Then he's get to shaking again. By the time they got here and he spotted my building, Spike said he couldn't run fast enough to get here into my apartment. He jumped up on my bed and burrowed under my blanket. When it came time for him to leave a few minutes later, he refused to jump down. Spike had to pick him up and carry him out the door. Poor baby. Spike thinks Teddy was having flashbacks from when he was hit by a vehicle.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #810
Executive Chef

I finally figured out why my little Maltese is howling. DH used to answer every phone call, even from telemarketers. I told him to stop doing that. When we see an unknown number on caller ID just let it go to voice mail. If it's important, they will leave a message. Well, little Pupper howls if the phone is ringing and we don't answer it. So this means he howls if it rings when we're not home. He's getting better at it. It just seems so funny to hear that sound out of such a little dog! If I knew when he was going to do it I'd like to get it on video.

Tags
egg