Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, poor Teddy. :)

My mother got new flooring in her house, and her spoiled/coddled male pug Max refused to walk on it so she had to carry him around for a week or so. :)

But we love him. He's part of the family. When I was out visiting her a few months ago, he wanted to be right by me all the time, so when I was prepping food in the kitchen he'd be at my feet (laying on top of them) slumped against the kitchen cabinet.

I miss that little guy. ha ha. I give him "puppy massages" while we're watching TV, so he loves me.

Last edited:
They do know who to love and trust. Teddy gets so excited when he see me. For a long time he would have nothing to do with my son Pirate. But little by little Pirate gave him attention when I refused. Now he goes right into his room and looks for him. He will also jump up on his lap when he is sitting in his chair. But Teddy does belong to my son Spike. And he loves him to death. Spike can't make a move without Teddy right behind him. What really gets me is he recognizes words. Say beach to him and he runs to get his leash. He loves playing in the sand.

Pirate will be moving out soon and wants to get a small female rescue dog. I am so glad to hear that. A friend of mine went to the Angell Memorial Hospital, which is a place to take sick animals or adopt. She wanted to adopt a dog and they told her it would cost her $700. That is to cover the cost of spaying/neutering and all the shots. So my son will be going to a rescue place on the North Shore. Much cheaper. And we have a vet right here in the town where I live. Within walking distance. :angel:

Last edited:
They do know who to love and trust. Teddy gets so excited when he see me. For a long time he would have nothing to do with my son Pirate. But little by little Pirate gave him attention when I refused. Now he goes right into his room and looks for him. He will also jump up on his lap when he is sitting in his chair. But Teddy does belong to my son Spike. And he loves him to death. Spike can't make a move without Teddy right behind him. What really gets me is he recognizes words. Say beach to him and he runs to get his leash. He loves playing in the sand.

Pirate will be moving out soon and wants to get a small female rescue dog. I am so glad to hear that. A friend of mine went to the Angell Memorial Hospital, which is a place to take sick animals or adopt. She wanted to adopt a dog and they told her it would cost her $700. That is to cover the cost of spaying/neutering and all the shots. So my son will be going to a rescue place on the North Shore. Much cheaper. And we have a vet right here in the town where I live. Within walking distance. :angel:

Wow, $700 is pricey. We rescued a female rat terrier 2 years ago. The rescue agency only charged $220 and it covered spaying, shots, vet check. We drove over to Akron to meet her, and we fell in love with her. And then the lady drove to our house (hour drive) to check out our house.

Chloe came to us already housebroken even though she was only a year old. And she's an awesome dog. Female dogs are less hyper. My mom says she'll never get another boy dog because Max occasionally marks his territory. :)

I posted pics of her in post 1293 on page 130 of this thread.

Last edited:
Beagle cost me $200 from our local Humane Society, shots were included. Spaying was on me at the vet.

Best money I ever spent.

Teddy is not neutered. But he sure is territorial. Let someone be out in the hall in the alcove where my apartment is and he runs to the door barking. But he is getting better. He just has to look at me, and he stops and goes back to his bed. Teddy is a pure bred Maltese. Spike paid $600 for him. And even though he was only eight weeks old, he had all his shots and was completely paper trained. Spike, like most men, hate the idea of neutering a male dog. My son-in-law was ripping mad when my daughter had her West Highland Terrier neutered. :angel:

I have to get some pictures of Leroy Jethro Dog, my "baby brother." He barks when I go to mom's but lets me walk into the house, the yard. Mom says he whines when I leave. Jethro is a Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog Yesterday I had him helping me drag branches, from a cherry tree prune, to the alley.

I caught our resident "box addict" taking a nap in the box that has old paperwork that needs to be sorted through that I haven't got to since we moved.

37240-albums1048-picture6588.jpg

I texted the pic to our daughter and Craig. Daughter's response was "how pathetic" with ROFL emoji. Craig is home but I texted it to him because he's working on paperwork for his job and so that he'd have it too. Thought he was going to lose it. I still just about lose it every time I look at it.

I don't have any pets currently, but I sure miss having an animal around. When I was renting a trailer, I ended up befriending the local raccoons. They weren't tame and I couldn't pet them, but they sure provided a lot of company.

On top of my trailer - the landlord said he would fix my roof and that ladder was against the trailer for almost a year. And yes, all the raccoons learned to go up and down it. Shy and her kits, Jupiter in the middle and Jennifer on the far left.
img_1473545_0_0316d81574f7d2a679c2d2378654d61c.jpg

Jupiter balancing on my railing, so he can look inside the door and guilt me into letting him in.
img_1473545_1_9d1ee1cc93b394b4dfc65cb86151bf4d.jpg

Make yourself to home. This is Mama, with Shy and Sissy when they were kits. Sissy later turned out to be Bro.
img_1473545_2_069fe2cd17c02d2473ac96313f650f36.jpg

Yo! You home? This was when Shy had her two kits, Jupiter and Jennifer, and Shy's mother had her two kits, Frosty and Frito. It didn't help that they would all grab at my pant legs when I went outside.
img_1473545_3_6c76892e2a2c100cbff87a89302d5231.jpg

Playing in the water. Shy, Jennifer, and Jupiter.
img_1473545_4_560173065b5c5777fcf3f59210aea262.jpg

Checking things out. Probably Jupiter. He got into everything!
img_1473545_5_f7c73b80cedf1863a7a0fb32294eecf2.jpg

My yard after a raccoon visit.
img_1473545_6_30a29126902b676118492c4eea8d2a3b.jpg

Last edited:
medtran, I'm convinced that cats are made out of rubber bands and Silly Putty. They are silly, for sure.

I love your non-pet raccoons, rr. It's almost as if they were posing for portrait pictures.

RP, Miley is a beautiful dog. He looks like he can wear you out if you let him.

Django stepped in my eye last night, walking across the head of the bed. I'm being a pirate for a few more days.

I really enjoyed those pictures of those coons RR and how you named them all.

It's no doubt how adorable they look but I have another story about two of the varmints in my yard spending their honeymoon shortly after I was widowed and living alone.

I lived smack in the middle of a neighborhood, and our entire yard, both front and back was surrounded by a six foot block wall fence. There was a courtyard inside the front doors with a large spa. I noticed some odd shaped animal tracks around the edge of the spa. That night all hell broke loose with their spa party. The next morning they were having Mimosa's in my orange tree, and breaking branches in my huge patio tree doing their thing! They were both huge, much bigger than the ones pictured.That went on for days. They scared the heck out of me being newly alone and I was sure glad when they left before the babies came.

Last edited:
Christmas in July! This is from last Christmas. Our little rescue rat terrier Chloe. She didn't seem too happy with the hat on.

Attachments

• chloe879976.jpg
    chloe879976.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Hail the Conquering Hero (& and I need to go on a diet!)

I don't think I posted this photo of the Wonder Horse after he took part in the local show. He came 5th in the lead rein veterans class. He came 5th (there were only 5 in the class but we'll gloss over that:)) and got an orange rosette which matched his coat better than a red rosette for first place would have done.

(Neither of us are looking our best as we had been caught in heavy rainfall earlier in the day)

I hope the following link works works - it looks a bit odd to me.

https://attachment.outlook.office.n...-8f25-9b0e561c5669&owa=outlook.live.com&isc=1

Last edited:
He's a shepherd mix, but at just 40 pounds (18 kilos), he is a lot smaller than the typical German shepherd.

I love GSDs. My uncle had a GS/collie cross when I was a little girl. He had had a bad beginning and was terrified of men other than my uncle but he'd cheerfully put up with anything from us children - he gave rides to the littlies, allowed us to put dolls' bonnets on him and many a time on a hot summer's day he could be seen lying in the sun with a small child using his tummy as a pillow. He even let me hide in his kennel with him when I'd been naughty! This was the dog who wouldn't allow delivery men to come to the house. The coal man had to leave the coal in sacks outside the garden gate and the milkman left the milk next door!

When I grew up I had a GS bitch of my own. She gave a whole new interpretation of the term "sheep worrying". They worried her - she was terrified of them!

I love GSDs but can't have one as Tetley was attacked by one which was running loose and out of control and 16 years after the event he's still very frightened of them despite careful efforts to de-sensitise him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom