"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #121
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
I think its more the dogs let me sleep wth them in the bed than the other way around...
Don't be surprised if you find yourself sleeping in their bed.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #122
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
I think its more the dogs let me sleep wth them in the bed than the other way around...
There are three dog beds, one blanket on the floor and Joie's crate and they claim the living room sofa, the love seat in TB's office, our bed and the recliner in our office. You would think we have 10 dogs, not two!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #123
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
There are three dog beds, one blanket on the floor and Joie's crate and they claim the living room sofa, the love seat in TB's office, our bed and the recliner in our office. You would think we have 10 dogs, not two!
Read reply to love "2" Q.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #124
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek is the one who moves me out of bed. I just walk around to the other side and get in there until he works his way back. No wonder I am always tired. Smudge is a heavy footed cat and insists on standing on my ankles, that hurts and wakes me up, she's getting better about not standing on me. Latté can walk all over me all night and I never notice, she manages to surf her way to the top. She's telling me right now that it's time for bed.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #125
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Read reply to love "2" Q.
Yes, Addie, I did read that. Our be IS one of the dog beds One day I did sleep on the big dog bed in our room when they were sick. I tried to get them to the couch, but they wanted to be on that bed and they didn't want to be alone. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #126
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek is the one who moves me out of bed. I just walk around to the other side and get in there until he works his way back. No wonder I am always tired. Smudge is a heavy footed cat and insists on standing on my ankles, that hurts and wakes me up, she's getting better about not standing on me. Latté can walk all over me all night and I never notice, she manages to surf her way to the top. She's telling me right now that it's time for bed.
Hmmm...and you wonder why I said "no more dogs on the bed" when the two died and I could kick the others out of the bedroom? My little 70 lb dog used to sleep with her head burrowed in my stomach. The big guy (120 lb) used to sleep with his back up against mine. Is it any wonder I woke up with a sore back?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #127
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Yes, Addie, I did read that. Our be IS one of the dog beds One day I did sleep on the big dog bed in our room when they were sick. I tried to get them to the couch, but they wanted to be on that bed and they didn't want to be alone. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep!
I slept on the floor with Latté just after she was spayed, poor thing, I had her shut in the bedroom so Smudge wouldn't bug her, Shrek was up on the bed and I ended up on the floor so she wouldn't try to get to me. Shrek woke up to go to work and found us both curled up in front of the closet.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #128
Head Chef

My daughter's cat always slept up next to her head - one night he was startled by a noise and sprang up, running across her face. His claw caught in her eyelid -- no harm but bad enough, a couple of stitches in the ER -- a very close call. Kitty's not allowed there anymore.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #129
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I didn't sleep in Cubbie's bed, but he was scared of it for a few days after we bought it (and he was 5 years old!)! I think it was because it has a slick fabric on the bottom (warm and furry on top though). It make kind of a crackly sound when he stepped on it. He would jump over it to avoid it! I used treats to get him on it, but he would only sleep with his head over the edge and his body on the floor. Finally I put a piece of fleece fabric in it and I laid in the bed for awhile, and he scooted onto it a bit more. Now he sleeps on it with no problem (and once broken in it stopped making the slick fabric noise). Of course, he also sleeps on our bed, on the floor, and in James's chair.

Oh yes, I had mentioned how our cats like to change their sleep locations quite often. Our bigger (but younger) cat has been sleeping in the bathtub the last couple nights! I think he is there right now in fact.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #130
Chef Extraordinaire

And a friend is calling me about the success she is having trying the crate training techniques suggested. She was ready (almost--I hope--since she called first) to send the poor thing back to rescue because of the destroyed furniture. Now she is working on crating the gal when my friend is not home. No more destroyed baseboards or furniture, for the moment.