Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs D has been hinting lately that it might be a good idea to get another cat. I have reminded her many times that we both work, and our life style isn't really conducive to pet ownership. We travel two or three times a year and spend most of the summer on our boat. Well, my good friend emailed this video to Mrs D today. I'll have to review said friendship at a later date. I thought it was pretty cute.

Take a chance on me - YouTube

A friend of mine is a trucker and can no longer take her 5.5 lb Papillion with her--so he has come to live with me. Never thought I wanted a little dog, but he is soooo cute and sooooo much fun. I'm checking on getting him certified to be a therapy dog. He'd be so great to take into nursing homes/hospitals. He loves everyone and is such a little clown. I have promised not to pierce his ears (as tempting as that is) and not to cut the "fringe" off of them either.He is smaller than some of the girls (and terrified of them).

I'm starting to love little dogs, too! Saw Patron a couple weeks ago, he was busy chasing the cats, didn't have time to sit with me. LOL!!!

It's official: my cat is a certifiable basket case. :LOL:

Attachments

• 2014-02-04 22.35.19.jpg
    2014-02-04 22.35.19.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 187
Just in case people think they've gone crazy----- I've deleted my post. LOL

I would like to get a cat, but I am highly allergic. I'm OK with dogs. We have never had a dog that sheds. They were all the type who had to go to a groomer for a hair-cut. DH now gives our dog his haircuts because the last time he went to the groomers he came home with a skin infection that ended up costing us hundreds of dollars. No more groomer for him.

I would like to get a cat, but I am highly allergic. I'm OK with dogs. We have never had a dog that sheds. They were all the type who had to go to a groomer for a hair-cut. DH now gives our dog his haircuts because the last time he went to the groomers he came home with a skin infection that ended up costing us hundreds of dollars. No more groomer for him.

Dog groomers should at least disinfect their equipment between dogs with something that covers bacterial, viral, and fungal contaminants. And it should be active against parvo and rabies virus.

Do they all? I don't know----- but if I were taking a dog to a groomers I'd ask questions and look for visual proof.

(Disinfecting is not sterilizing---- but sterilizing would be almost too much to ask of a groomer. :()

Dog groomers should at least disinfect their equipment between dogs with something that covers bacterial, viral, and fungal contaminants. And it should be active against parvo and rabies virus.

Do they all? I don't know----- but if I were taking a dog to a groomers I'd ask questions and look for visual proof.

(Disinfecting is not sterilizing---- but sterilizing would be almost too much to ask of a groomer. :()

We have been taking our dogs to the same groomer since 1981 when we moved here. She is a crabby lady, but does a good job and the dogs like her. She is probably getting ready to retire, and lately has hired several other groomers to work in her shop and she just runs the business. I think either another dog had an infection, or someone didn't clean their equipment. We did not tell her about it, because you know she would insist that all their equipment was cleaned properly, but she has no real control over what someone else does. I don't want to take him somewhere else because if he still has a bit of the infection I don't want him to spread it to another animal. DH does a pretty good job with him. They always shaved him short, but DH just cuts it about an inch long with scissors. It is all spikey and cute looking. He will have to go somewhere to get his nails trimmed.

We did not tell her about it, because you know she would insist that all their equipment was cleaned properly, but she has no real control over what someone else does.

If you don't tell her, she can't improve her training of her staff and other dogs may still be at risk. Even if she gets defensive, she might start keeping a better eye on things.

"she has no real control over what someone else does"

My bosses always had control over what I did. " Do it right or pick up your pink slip." :LOL:

If you don't tell her, she can't improve her training of her staff and other dogs may still be at risk. Even if she gets defensive, she might start keeping a better eye on things.
+1

I do understand not wanting to deal with it. Some days it just doesn't seem worth a confrontation.

I would like to get a cat, but I am highly allergic...
There seem to be a number of sites that list less allergy-aggravating breeds. Here is one of them: 10 Hypoallergenic Cat Breeds - PawNation A few of those poor critters are just danged ugly!

I've also heard that if you're allergic you should get a young kitten, like under 6 months. I guess the younger the cat the less irritants they produce, allowing you to gradually adjust to "cat" in the house. Don't know how true this is though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom