Pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There seem to be a number of sites that list less allergy-aggravating breeds. Here is one of them: 10 Hypoallergenic Cat Breeds - PawNation A few of those poor critters are just danged ugly!

I've also heard that if you're allergic you should get a young kitten, like under 6 months. I guess the younger the cat the less irritants they produce, allowing you to gradually adjust to "cat" in the house. Don't know how true this is though.

Maybe that is why DH never had a problem with Salem! She was only about 4 weeks old when we brought her into the house from the back yard where she had been abandoned by her feral mother. In the past, he always reacted severely to cats with red puffy eyes and wheezing. Never had a problem with Salem though. She even sleeps on our bed and he doesn't react.

Is that Teddy or a is Spike walking a snowball?

That is Teddy. He loves the snow. Loves to roll in it, dig in it, and try to catch snowflakes. Hates the rain though. Feels the first drop on his head and he pulls and pulls on his leash to go home. Whereas with the snow, Spike has to pick him up and carry him home. He doesn't want to go in. :He never shook off that snow until he got in the house and up on the couch. angel:

"A Mayo Clinic study reported in the Journal of Hand Surgery found that a third of people treated for cat bites end up hospitalized -- and most of the victims are middle-aged women.".

A cat bite can turn into a hospital stay, study says | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

"Bartonella henselae (cat scratch disease) infections are usually self-limiting, but can be treated with azithromycin, doxycycline."

Bartonella henselae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Bartonella henselae can also be conferred by a tick bite, but only if the tick is infected with that bacteria.)

cave, I found out a pet cat ago that when a cat clamps down on your hand don't move! It takes a lot of self-restraint, but it saves you bite marks. Most of the time if it's your kitty they're giving you a "love bite", not trying to hurt you. Unfortunately, I just hadn't been able to teach either of our kitties to pucker up instead of clamp down - and our first cat was way smarter than Cat 2.0. :LOL:

I've been "love bitten" many times by cats, they have never broken the skin. I find it hard to not flinch away from de-clawed kitties when they swat or play...my cats have scimitars on their paws.

cave, I found out a pet cat ago that when a cat clamps down on your hand don't move! It takes a lot of self-restraint, but it saves you bite marks. Most of the time if it's your kitty they're giving you a "love bite", not trying to hurt you. Unfortunately, I just hadn't been able to teach either of our kitties to pucker up instead of clamp down - and our first cat was way smarter than Cat 2.0. :LOL:

Yes, I've been love bitten (by cats) too. But since I had mostly Siamese they believed in 'tough love'. :)

Yes, my Latté is a chocolate point and tough love is where she is at.

Attachments

• baby harp seal 006.JPG
    baby harp seal 006.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 44
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1392097394.352077.jpg

Beagle enjoying my freshly washed jeans, destined for projects.

The denim, not the Beagle.

Last edited:
Such cuties Zereh and Dawg.

Zereh, Shreddy has almost exactly those colours and bracelets, but he has a bulls eye on his side. He snores too. We joke about everyone in our family snoring.

I just came across this picture of Violet. It is one of my favourites as it really shows her beauty and personality.

Attachments

• Violet.JPG
    Violet.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 120
Ohhh!!!

I really miss Muffin, here's some old pics starting in 1977:

MeAndMuffin2.jpg

MeAndMuffin3.jpg

MeAndMuffin1.jpg

She was such a sweet heart. Later in life, she was almost completely blind and deaf, but she loved to drink beer. She came to live with me when I was a 20-something bachelor. The house rule was...anything on the coffee table was off limits, but anything on the floor was open season. If you left your beer on the floor, she'd knock it over and joyfully lap it up. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom