Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good idea, CWS! One of their blankets or beds they like out on the porch may do it, Babe! I'm so sorry, they've gone off and hope they come home soon.
Years ago, my DH's German Shep took off after a rabbit. The DH left articles of his clothing on every road crossing/in every field for about a 3-mile radius. He also put flyers in the mail boxes (this was rural) and went door-to-door asking for sightings. It took about 3-5 days, but he did find the dog--where? curled up on one of his articles of clothing in a field.

CWS4322 said:
Years ago, my DH's German Shep took off after a rabbit. The DH left articles of his clothing on every road crossing/in every field for about a 3-mile radius. He also put flyers in the mail boxes (this was rural) and went door-to-door asking for sightings. It took about 3-5 days, but he did find the dog--where? curled up on one of his articles of clothing in a field.

Many years ago, we had a neighbor watch our 2 cockapoo mutts while we went on vacation. The son let them out, they took off, and they were gone for many weeks. We searched in the snow, put out fliers, ads, contacted the radio, newspapers, etc. The male was found by a coyote hunter we happened to know, 3 weeks later, denning in the snow. The female straggled back 2 months later, just before we were going to shut the garage door after offering food, as the coons were eating it. She was emaciated and filthy, but she made it home! If only dogs could talk.

Many years ago, we had a neighbor watch our 2 cockapoo mutts while we went on vacation. The son let them out, they took off, and they were gone for many weeks. We searched in the snow, put out fliers, ads, contacted the radio, newspapers, etc. The male was found by a coyote hunter we happened to know, 3 weeks later, denning in the snow. The female straggled back 2 months later, just before we were going to shut the garage door after offering food, as the coons were eating it. She was emaciated and filthy, but she made it home! If only dogs could talk.
+1 There's always hope!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Oh no!:ohmy: How old is your grandma? I how she did it while roller skating...:rolleyes:

She's 87. Amazingly she recovered from her broken collar bone last year, and was back to dancing twice a week, but since she can't move around like she could with the collar bone I'm really afraid she's going to end wasting away :( she practically raised me- she was my day care. I'm so upset and my boyfriend is out of town so I'm all alone at home...

kadesma said:
No it was on a skate board!!!:LOL:
ma

Wouldn't put it past my grandma to skateboard to the mail box ;) She's really upbeat and positive about it, but I wouldn't be surprised if she is just trying to keep us from worrying so much

She's 87. Amazingly she recovered from her broken collar bone last year, and was back to dancing twice a week, but since she can't move around like she could with the collar bone I'm really afraid she's going to end wasting away :( she practically raised me- she was my day care. I'm so upset and my boyfriend is out of town so I'm all alone at home...

Have they operated on her yet? If so they will have her on her feet in no time. Hip fractures are gotten out of bed as soon as possible and started on therapy to get them walking.

Is she close by so you can visit?

PrincessFiona60 said:
Have they operated on her yet? If so they will have her on her feet in no time. Hip fractures are gotten out of bed as soon as possible and started on therapy to get them walking.

Is she close by so you can visit?

She has surgery tomorrow. I assumed she would be bed ridden. That's comforting... If she can walk she will be doing laps around her hospital room trying to get back on the dance floor sooner. She usually uses her walker when she walks to the mail box, just in case, but she didn't today. Dang grandma.

Skittle68 said:
My grandma fell in her driveway and broke her hip today :( poor grandma... I am so sad.

So sorry, Skittle. Sure hope things go well for her. :(

She has surgery tomorrow. I assumed she would be bed ridden. That's comforting... If she can walk she will be doing laps around her hospital room trying to get back on the dance floor sooner. She usually uses her walker when she walks to the mail box, just in case, but she didn't today. Dang grandma.

No bedridden patients...unless they refuse to get up! We get them moving as soon as possible. She needs to ask for and get the pain meds she needs so she can move. Pain meds and movement now or crippled for the rest of her life...those are the two choices. I hope she chooses to get up and at them!

PrincessFiona60 said:
No bedridden patients...unless they refuse to get up! We get them moving as soon as possible. She needs to ask for and get the pain meds she needs so she can move. Pain meds and movement now or crippled for the rest of her life...those are the two choices. I hope she chooses to get up and at them!

Oh she will get up lol. When she broke her collar bone she stayed in her own home and she did laps back and forth in her house to keep her strength up. I'm glad I said something because it makes me feel so much better that she won't have to lay in bed while she heals.

Oh she will get up lol. When she broke her collar bone she stayed in her own home and she did laps back and forth in her house to keep her strength up. I'm glad I said something because it makes me feel so much better that she won't have to lay in bed while she heals.

Then the therapists should be getting a workout chasing her up and down the halls.:)

They'll give her a titanium hip that works the first time. Her muscles will be sore and she'll have to learn to walk on it again, but she will be in great shape. I'm a rehab nurse...I love patients like her that are willing to work to get home!:)

PrincessFiona60 said:
Then the therapists should be getting a workout chasing her up and down the halls.:)

They'll give her a titanium hip that works the first time. Her muscles will be sore and she'll have to learn to walk on it again, but she will be in great shape. I'm a rehab nurse...I love patients like her that are willing to work to get home!:)

Thank you so much- I'm sure she'll give them a run for their money. She had knee replacement surgery ten years ago so she knows the drill.

Back
Top Bottom