"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #2901
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
If there was a Petty Vent ever, emphasis on "Petty", there is one. It's my daughters big birthday this Sunday and I have to cook, but i so do not feel like it. I have a stupid cold and it is just, well, petty that I have to have it right now.
Is she going to be 13 Charlie? That indeed is a big day for her. More questions Charlie. Can the 13th birthday be celebrated a week or so later or does it have to be right on the day? I know it is a BIG day for the boys, but do most Jewish families celebrate it as much for the girls? I feel sorry for the families that have only girls.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #2902
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
You can also find commonly replaced appliance parts on Amazon.
Yes! Also have a TV that is a dinosaur and the remote control gave out. Seriously, replacement remotes dot com or something similar. I had a new remote within a week. That dinosaur just keeps on going.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #2903
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Is she going to be 13 Charlie? That indeed is a big day for her. More questions Charlie. Can the 13th birthday be celebrated a week or so later or does it have to be right on the day? I know it is a BIG day for the boys, but do most Jewish families celebrate it as much for the girls? I feel sorry for the families that have only girls.
I guess you haven't heard of the bat mitzvah: http://www.myjewishlearning.com/life...zvah_101.shtml
Old 04-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #2904
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
You can also find commonly replaced appliance parts on Amazon. And these are parts stocked at Amazon's warehouses and do not come from third party merchants. In the past few months I've replaced a defrost timer and defrost thermostat on my fridge, also parts for my clothes dryer. They are much cheaper than on-line appliance parts sites or your Sears/Kenmore/Whirlpool or whatever local parts centers.

You not only fix roads, but also appliances!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 AM   #2905
Head Chef

Quote:
I think every pocket I have in all my clothing has a Kleenex in it just waiting to go in the washer. I just tell myself I am helping to keep the environment clean of my germs. Then I shake off all the little pieces of Kleenex. Then my house looks like a snow storm hit it.
Ah, but nothing can compare to the joy of finding that Kleenex in your pocket when you really, really need one. Yes, allergy season has begun down here.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #2906
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I guess you haven't heard of the bat mitzvah: Bar and Bat Mitzvah 101 - My Jewish Learning
I have. But I wonder if it is as big as it is for the boys.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #2907
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I didn't know you had problems with a finger. I knew you had other issues though. Just know that my prayers go out for you daily.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
You've never seen my crazy crooked finger? It started with an injury during a wrestling match Junior year and by freshman year of college I was told it had turned into arthritis. It's usually tolerable, but gets pretty sore if it gets abused or if my hands get too cold. If it's already bugging me a little, it gets really sore with sudden weather changes.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #2908
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post

Ah, but nothing can compare to the joy of finding that Kleenex in your pocket when you really, really need one. Yes, allergy season has begun down here.
Exactly, the Joy of Kleenex. Can't live without 'em. Panic sets in when I can't find one on me.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #2909
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post

You've never seen my crazy crooked finger? It started with an injury during a wrestling match Junior year and by freshman year of college I was told it had turned into arthritis. It's usually tolerable, but gets pretty sore if it gets abused or if my hands get too cold. If it's already bugging me a little, it gets really sore with sudden weather changes.
Sprout, you wrestled in HS? Good for you! Or was it with a boyfriend?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #2910
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I have. But I wonder if it is as big as it is for the boys.
I believe it depends on the congregation and how liberal or orthodox they are.