"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #5001
Chef Extraordinaire

The Boston show wasn't televised here Addie, or I certainly would have chosen it over NYC. The Boston Pops is unbeatable!
We watched our own FW show from a hill in our little town without any music. I enjoyed it more than the ridiculous show we watched on tv in NYC!

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #5002
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Hope you are feeling a bit better now
Thanks Kylie! Headache is gone - or at least until I head out to grocery shop. If I could send you about 15 of our degrees of heat I would. Back is also done aching for now. All I have is this toe and from what I saw a cousin post on FB I might be putting up with soreness until Christmas. *sigh*

"If you don't use your head, you gotta use your feet."~~~more Mom
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #5003
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I've never used this thread before now, but I guess this is the place for my rant.

Did anyone watch the Macy's fireworks show in NYC last night? The light show was spectacular over the Hudson as usual, but the music was HORRIBLE!! ......
Welcome to the Crabbin' Cabin Kayelle! I completely agree with you about the NYC music choices. After Boston was done with their show we started to channel flip. Found the NY fireworks and stopped. But not for long. Himself and I also found the music to be completely distracting to the firework display. Watched for a minute on mute, then moved along. Kinda weird to watch big blasts of fireworks on a small T to begin with, and then to not like the music? Move along, nothing to see here....

Old 07-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #5004
Certified Cake Maniac

Just got back from the clinic. I am finally feeling better from my abscess tooth, sinus infection, migraines and sciatica. But my eye has been watering (which I just passed off as allergies) and this morning was swollen shut.

I have a tear duct infection because of all the antibiotics I have been taking for the other stuff . At least the cure is simple - yogurt (the only dairy I can tolerate) and probiotics. In this weather, yogurt and fruit are a staple and I picked up probiotics at our health store!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #5005
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Or you could memorize the number. Himself used to panic when I rattled it off at a snap, even reciting the expiration date and my security code. Had to remind him repeatedly that I log into the account using the number as the I.D. and I pay a number of bills by phone using number/expire/security code. He's finally to the point where he now knows I'm not spending us into the poorhouse!
I can do the same thing! I memorized it when we got new cards with new account numbers. Had to go to all the websites we had a card on file for automatic payments and enter the new info. Car insurance, MAF, KLOV, EZPass, Amazon, PayPal etc. Now I can quickly enter it at a new site too since the numbers are burned into my brain!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #5006
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
I can do the same thing! I memorized it when we got new cards with new account numbers. Had to go to all the websites we had a card on file for automatic payments and enter the new info. Car insurance, MAF, KLOV, EZPass, Amazon, PayPal etc. Now I can quickly enter it at a new site too since the numbers are burned into my brain!
Aside from your one credit card number, can you remember the various passwords for all the different sites you use? What if some sites require you to change your PW every 3, 6 r 9 months?
Old 07-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #5007
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Aside from your one credit card number, can you remember the various passwords for all the different sites you use? What if some sites require you to change your PW every 3, 6 r 9 months?
I really don't know many of my passwords...

Last pass generates crazy ones and stores them for me and auto fills the boxes.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #5008
Master Chef

I don't have any of my passwords memorized. They're on a pad of paper near my computer. Real security conscious, right?
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #5009
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I don't have any of my passwords memorized. They're on a pad of paper near my computer. Real security conscious, right?
I do the same thing, Claire!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #5010
Chef Extraordinaire

Me three Claire and Dawg. Except mine are on index cards by "department". (Cooking, Financial, etc) I remember to hid the stack if someone is coming over. Usually.