Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was supposed to have a nice , fun, childfree weekend with Mr Perfect and I been coughing and vomiting since Friday. This isnt what I planned for and I am not having fun, so far only thing that stays down is cheese sandwiches.

Was supposed to have a nice , fun, childfree weekend with Mr Perfect and I been coughing and vomiting since Friday. This isnt what I planned for and I am not having fun, so far only thing that stays down is cheese sandwiches.
God bedring. (For everyone else, that means good bettering in Danish.)

And for once my danish is up to par. Yeah , I dont know much I that much. I manage to both drink and eat a little bit more today.

Thinking about that, though I don't litter. I may run over it with my car a few times and throw it in the trash though. Then it can chirp and screech at the garbage men.

But she persisted. Broke another four fingernails, but I finally got the battery door open, and replaced them. All is right with the world again. No more chirping and screeching.

Fingernail? :ermm: Wait, what. You're a handy girl. Couldn't you find and use a standard screwdriver? It's probably my number one go-to tool when things are...resistant. Screwdriver first, hammer next. BwaHaHa!

I tried a screwdriver. It's not wood. Wood is easy. Dang stubborn plastic. DH was ready to take a hammer to it.

Brute strength, much yanking, and it finally popped open along with some collateral fingernail damage. Getting the batteries popped out did involve a screwdriver.

Last edited:
You have reminded me of the description of a handyman/superintendent by the landlord, "His favourite tools are a screwdriver and a hammer. Of the two, he prefers the hammer."

You have reminded me of the description of a handyman/superintendent by the landlord, "His favourite tools are a screwdriver and a hammer. Of the two, he prefers the hammer."

I have a garage full of tools, and a big rolling tool cabinet. There is an old saying with guys like me, that one essential tool is a ridiculously large screwdriver with a lifetime warranty. It is amazing how many times that comes in handy.

CD

I have a basement full of tools. DH has a garage full of tools. We have his and hers workshops, they're just in different locations.

I'm a bit more, um, careful. DH is not allowed to unscrew, dismantle, dismember, or fix anything. His solution is always to bonk it with a hammer. I do all the electrical and plumbing work, along with the wood fixing-up.

Last edited:
Home repair rules: If it sticks, use WD-40. If it's broken, use duct tape. That's all.

Actually, I'm a firm believer in having a nice assortment of bungee cords. One can never have too many...

I'm not, venting, I am not complaining, I honestly am laughing :LOL: right now at how persistent Murphy law is. I live about 4 miles from a major HWY I take to work on the daily bases. There 5 intersection lights before I enter that road. First, fourth and the fifth are about half and half of the time either red or green when I hit them. Second and third are consistently red, probably 99% of the time. And even if the second one is green then third one is for sure red. Not sure how this is even possible. Today I started driving and my glasses fogged up pretty bad, could not see anything. I had to take them off and though I can kind of see the road without them, especially if I do not have to look for street signs, it is hard to drive at night, well 5 in the morning, when it's dark. So I think to myself, oh well I'll just clean the glasses when I hit the red light. Guess what. I hit all the green lights today. Had to drive without glasses until car gor warm. :) Murphy law. Never fails.

I am so sick of "friends" so offer to help by storing things, and then put an ultimatum. A friend said I could park my car on her 25-acre property, but now it is an eyesore and if I don't move it by the end of March (I am 1400 miles away) she will sell it. She doesn't have the right to sell it and she agreed I could park it there until I could move it. Really? I am dealing with my mother who is terminally ill and my father who has sever medical issues and she thinks she can sell my car or I can get back there to more it? Really, I thought these people were decent people? Gotta call my lawyer on Monday, again. Really,. what kind of people do this? Really? In the big picture, just take a breath and relax. It doesn't matter. So what?

Last edited:
I tried a screwdriver. It's not wood. Wood is easy. Dang stubborn plastic. DH was ready to take a hammer to it.

Brute strength, much yanking, and it finally popped open along with some collateral fingernail damage. Getting the batteries popped out did involve a screwdriver.

Next time heat up the blade of the screwdriver. Then when it is almost red hot, put it to the plastic and melt the dang door to the batteries. When all done, tape the door back on.

I am so sick of "friends" so offer to help by storing things, and then put an ultimatum. A friend said I could park my car on her 25-acre property, but now it is an eyesore and if I don't move it by the end of March (I am 1400 miles away) she will sell it. She doesn't have the right to sell it and she agreed I could park it there until I could move it. Really? I am dealing with my mother who is terminally ill and my father who has sever medical issues and she thinks she can sell my car or I can get back there to more it? Really, I thought these people were decent people? Gotta call my lawyer on Monday, again. Really,. what kind of people do this? Really? In the big picture, just take a breath and relax. It doesn't matter. So what?

Next time you talk to her, ask her which neighbor of hers was complaining of it being an eyesore. If she sells it, I would charge her with car theft.

Next time you talk to her, ask her which neighbor of hers was complaining of it being an eyesore. If she sells it, I would charge her with car theft.
No neighbors. Already emailed her and told her that she doesn't have the right to sell it (grand theft auto) and she said I could leave it there. And, send the email to my lawyer. I really can't deal with more of this c@@p. It is parked by her garage. It is a Volvo--not a junk car.

I did mention in my response that I have been storing her grandmother's bedroom set and paying for that in my storage unit for 5 years. Like to clear that out so I'd have that space for my stuff.

What did I do to deserve these people in my life?

Last edited:
I hear you CWS... same thing happened to me. :ermm: I purchased a horse from a friend, he knew I was building a barn and it was not yet ready and offered to keep the horse for me til I could take him. Then a short while later told me it was time for the horse to go! The barn was no were near done and he knew that. So...

Lesson learned... be specific. Offer to keep something but specify when it will go or not go. She should have said she would want it out by the spring and perhaps you should have said you would not be able to move it til after a certain date... or whatever. How to keep friends 101. from my own personal 'how to' book. :LOL:

sorry to hear it has gone so far as to need a lawyer, that's really sad.

What part of the country is it in? I guess it don't really matter. Just curious.

On a happy note, I have found a place to store my car with person I met while doing dog rescue. Gotta love people who love dogs. And, it can stay there as long as I need it to stay there because she took care of her Mom with Parkingson's out in Alberta and understands. You just can't drop everything to take care of the little things. Moving my car to MN is a little thing. Getting a lift for my Mom was a big thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom