Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the kids used our chest freezer for a workbench.
A fifth of Kirkland vodka turned up missing too.

Hit LinkedIn and Facebook as well.

I calculate $150 per hour, 15 min = $37.50
Plus $60 x 2 for travel (there and back)
Plus emergency/non-customer surcharge, lets be generous, an extra 20.

$37.50 + 120 + 20 = $177.50 total

MINUS aggravation $27.50 = $150.00 Spot on!

I dunno dragn.
I kinda thought that for such a miniscule job, the guys would have told the office, "Oh, the customer cancelled so no charge." *shrug*
I was told that the way that they charge customers in our area is $150 for travel time and a one hour minimum work time of $150 = $300
:blink:

I once had an emergency call to make, when I finally found someone to come, 4 towns away, he said "no problem' but I hope you understand, when I leave my driveway the bill starts at $120, then plus the labour and parts."

But he also, on the phone, walked me thru the different things to check. AND we solved the problem.

No charge.

I tried to send a bunch of dragonettes over to him with a bottle of wine but the little brats just hid behind the barn and drank it themselves. :rolleyes:

I dunno dragn.
I kinda thought that for such a miniscule job, the guys would have told the office, "Oh, the customer cancelled so no charge." *shrug*
I was told that the way that they charge customers in our area is $150 for travel time and a one hour minimum work time of $150 = $300
:blink:

Hmmm Is that a form of profiling?

I am so pissed off with Best Buy I can’t find the words at the moment to explain.

Recently, I've been wondering what to do with my health care $250. benefits card. I could use it for a spare set of contact lenses, or prescription sunglasses...

...well crap. Looks like I will be using it for a dental crown. Just broke off a chunk of a rebuild tooth.

I thought the heel on my left foot was finally heeled. I've had no pain in it, and have been able to walk on it for 2 weeks now. There are no open wound on the foot. Today, foot is swollen, and painful. I've made an appointment with a podiatrist for next Wednesday. I'm hopping that I just over did it, and that there is no leftover infection. It took 6 months to get it cleated up before. I want my 20 year old body back!

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I thought the heel on my left foot was finally heeled. I've had no pain in it, and have been able to walk on it for 2 weeks now. There are no open wound on the foot. Today, foot is swollen, and painful. I've made an appointment with a podiatrist for next Wednesday. I'm hopping that I just over did it, and that there is no leftover infection. It took 6 months to get it cleated up before. I want my 20 year old body back!

(((Hugs))) and hoping it's nothing serious.

I think we would all like our 20 year old bodies back.

Kind Of Petty But Really I'm P.O'd!

We had two graduations in our extended family recently,
our youngest Niece finally finished College (our family
goes for the extra long College-Life :LOL:).
And then our youngest Grand-Nephew graduated from High School.
They are both part of my husband's family, not mine, so
I let him take care of any cards and/or gifts to them.
He mailed each of them $100 CASH!
(I told him that I did not think that wise, but ...)

Here we are TWO MONTHS later and we have yet to receive any sort of acknowledgment from the girl ... and only today did we get a very impersonal card from the boy :glare:
This is nothing new! I told DH looooong ago that I will not send any of those offspring ANY THING!
My reasonings are fair, I think:
a) we never know if they even got our gift
b) we rarely get a thank you of any sort
c) DH is FAR TOO GENERIOUS!!!

HALLELUJAH DH has finally seen the light!

When I gave him the card from the boy, he gave a huge HARUMPH and said, "well geez, that was nice of him don't you think? That's it, I'm DONE!"
:clap:

I must say that my sons are making sure that their kids send hand written Thank You's for gifts received from out-of-town'ers, which most of the relatives are.

When they receive money, if it is a substantial amount, it goes to savings.

But if it is a small amount it does not have to be put away but can be spent when they decide they just have to have that certain toy....

or "let's go get some ice-cream!"

Petty vents ? Well I watch Star Trek and I don't hear "He's dead Jim". I watch Dragnet and I don't hear "Just the facts ma'am.

T

"All we want are the facts, ma'am" close enough for me!

Catch phrase was shortened for ease of expression.

and...

According to Mark Clark's Star Trek FAQ: Everything Left to Know About the First Voyages of the Starship Enterprise,...

Bones says "He's dead, Jim" approximately 20 times, occasionally varying the line to say instead "The man is dead!"

There... does that ease your angst?

Cooking enough tempura shrimp for 5 people isn't as easy as it once was. And these were deveined, raw, ez peel shrimp. I didn't even take the step of slicing part way though the belly so that the wouldn't curl. Maybe not as pretty, but they tasted great. I'm tired.:(. But everyone enjoyed them.:).

Cooking enough tempura shrimp for 5 people isn't as easy as it once was. And these were deveined, raw, ez peel shrimp. I didn't even take the step of slicing part way though the belly so that the wouldn't curl. Maybe not as pretty, but they tasted great. I'm tired.:(. But everyone enjoyed them.:).

:clap:

I hear yuh Kgirl! Same happened to me. so my most heartfelt condolences.

Brand-new, 1 week, backed into a black pole in my blind spot. Dinged the bumper, albeit very small, still a tiny crack. :mad::mad:

We've been having pretty violent Monsoon Storms for the past,
oh, maybe week.
The winds have been gusting in some cases 80 MPH!
Don't get me wrong, we need the rain.

I went to take shower yesterday morning ... NO HOT WATER!!! WTH! :mad:
So I took a cold shower, very quickly, got dressed and went to check on the problem.
I tired three times to light the pilot ... no go.
I called to the plumbing company that put it in the Water Heater in our new home not quite 5 years ago, and they showed up this morning at 9am :clap:
The tech said that they've had alot of calls like this, that the winds have been blowing out the pilots and the manufacture's manual says nothing about a reset button :angry:

That was an expensive lesson learned ... $60 ... but now I know, damit!!:glare:

Back
Top Bottom