Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're supposed to clean an iron? :ohmy:

Mine is 10 years old and I've never cleaned it. Hasn't spit out any nasty stuff yet, so maybe I'm safe!

I don't know, maybe the new ones have continuous clean? I would have to go look what brand mine is, I don't remember. Of course, I bought that iron a long time ago - 1974 or '75. Self-cleaning was a fancy feature back then.

Have a look at your iron and see if it has a super hot setting for cleaning. It isn't just that it might spit out something nasty - unless you have very soft water, it is likely filling up with mineral deposits that will clog up the vents. That's why most steam irons back then required distilled water - no minerals.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Never having carried a pregnancy to term, I don't have woman hips, womens pants do not fit, they assume curves where I have none.

So does that mean when I have a baby my hips are gonna get even bigger!!!!???? Gulp !!

Last edited:
So does that mean when I have a baby my hips are gonna get even bigger!!!!???? Gulp !!

LOL! There is a certain amount of spread that goes with pregnancy and I don't mean weight gain. Hips do get a bit wider to accommodate the baby.

PrincessFiona60 said:
LOL! There is a certain amount of spread that goes with pregnancy and I don't mean weight gain. Hips do get a bit wider to accommodate the baby.

Hmm here's hoping mine are big enough already know extra accommodation needed hahahahaha

Hope you get there my sister in laws just lost 30kg (approx 66 pounds)! Inspirational! I need to do something too, going from sales on my feet constantly into this job siting for 12 hr shifts iv packed it on, my only prob is I HATE getting hot and sweaty lol

Hope you get there my sister in laws just lost 30kg (approx 66 pounds)! Inspirational! I need to do something too, going from sales on my feet constantly into this job siting for 12 hr shifts iv packed it on, my only prob is I HATE getting hot and sweaty lol

I'll never get that low again, too old for it! I figure 125-130 pounds (57-59 kg) is a good target weight for me.

Congrats to your SIL!

PrincessFiona60 said:
I'll never get that low again, too old for it! I figure 125-130 pounds (57-59 kg) is a good target weight for me.

Congrats to your SIL!

Lol I think 70kg is good for me haha!

PrincessFiona60 said:
LOL! I am very short, look like a fireplug...:ROFLMAO:

Haha I'm 5'10, I used to be a dancer and I will always say that all the muscle I have is why I weigh more then most people my height. Sounds convincing too me! :)

On Wednesday, I picked up my new, used car: 2005 Volvo S60, turbo, all wheel drive. It's a beautiful car. It's lovely to drive.

Today I went to see a client. Then, on the way to see another client, the car stopped in traffic - on a major street (Boulevard René-Lévesque) in downtown Montréal. :ohmy: It wouldn't start again. The oil light (I think it was the oil light, it was a picture of an oil can with a drop) was on. I phoned CAA (same as AAA, but Canadian) and had it towed to the garage where I bought it. I am not a happy camper. :angry:

It started for the CAA guy, but I don't dare drive it until it has been checked. Waaaa, I want my new car. :(

On Wednesday, I picked up my new, used car: 2005 Volvo S60, turbo, all wheel drive. It's a beautiful car. It's lovely to drive.

Today I went to see a client. Then, on the way to see another client, the car stopped in traffic - on a major street (Boulevard René-Lévesque) in downtown Montréal. :ohmy: It wouldn't start again. The oil light (I think it was the oil light, it was a picture of an oil can with a drop) was on. I phoned CAA (same as AAA, but Canadian) and had it towed to the garage where I bought it. I am not a happy camper. :angry:

It started for the CAA guy, but I don't dare drive it until it has been checked. Waaaa, I want my new car. :(

I believe that's called a revoltin' development. Good luck!

My old one did that a couple of times. It was an oxygen sensor in that prevented oxygen from getting into the fuel mixture and the car stopped. It usually would start up again if it sat for a half hour or so. It seems like the garage should fix it, if you just bought the car. Good luck!

My old one did that a couple of times. It was an oxygen sensor in that prevented oxygen from getting into the fuel mixture and the car stopped. It usually would start up again if it sat for a half hour or so. It seems like the garage should fix it, if you just bought the car. Good luck!

Thanks. They really should fix it. It has a 30 day 1,700 km warranty.

Haha I'm 5'10, I used to be a dancer and I will always say that all the muscle I have is why I weigh more then most people my height. Sounds convincing too me! :)
Orry, you are right, in my opinion. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm 5'9", and my sisters and i are very muscular. No one ever believes it when any of us admit to our weight. I only weigh in a couple of times a year (don't own a scale), and last month a woman was standing behind me when I stepped on the scale at the fitness center. I know almost everyone there, but she was new. She jokingly said, 99 lbs. I joked, put a 1 in front of that. She thought I was joking. I moved the weight over and she just about pooped a clay square. Yeah, I do weigh that. She was astonished.

I'm not saying I'm not overweight, I could stand to lose 30 lbs, easily. BUT, yes muscles do weigh more.

Muscle weighs more than fat, it's a known fact. When I weighed 130 lbs and there was a lots of muscle, I was thinner than at 115 lbs and not very muscular.

Claire said:
Orry, you are right, in my opinion. Muscle weighs more than fat. I'm 5'9", and my sisters and i are very muscular. No one ever believes it when any of us admit to our weight. I only weigh in a couple of times a year (don't own a scale), and last month a woman was standing behind me when I stepped on the scale at the fitness center. I know almost everyone there, but she was new. She jokingly said, 99 lbs. I joked, put a 1 in front of that. She thought I was joking. I moved the weight over and she just about pooped a clay square. Yeah, I do weigh that. She was astonished.

I'm not saying I'm not overweight, I could stand to lose 30 lbs, easily. BUT, yes muscles do weigh more.

Yay! Here I was thinking it was just me, i used to be really fit from all the dancing no fat any where ... Sniff :( ,sorry just remembering the good old days lol and yea weighed 70kg and all my mates being like 50-60 kg. I always thought I was, well, An ogre.

But I had a moment the other day at work, i was bored and was going through old photos on FB of myself and seeing a photo from only 13months ago. That was my reality check. From here in out my life will be lettuce recipes 101! So no more joking around I'm doing it, losing weight that is. I think, well I'm very motivated now anyway! Lol
I need that photo of myself to look at constantly to keep me going, geez that sounds conceited!
But it true I get all depressed/ motivated and ill be good for a week but that's it. I'm gonna stick to it this time.... Really

Back
Top Bottom