Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I come in from raking leaves and need a dadgum energy drink to get the top off my dadburn Gatorade bottle.

I bought a crank pencil sharpener and it took me ten minutes to get the dadgum thing out of the dadburn plastic packaging.

Sounds like you are not having a good day. Sit down, put your feet up and have a nice cup of tea. :angel:

A few years ago Home Hardware (A Canadian company) advertised these multipurpose scissors and one of their main features was cutting through those plastic pockets that are impossible to get into.....so guess what the scissors were packaged in? :wacko:
Once again I am reminded of the Samuel Clemens quote, "The trouble with common sense is that it isn't nearly common enough."

I just blew up my hand blender! Sparks, flame, smoke! I'm sad! This was the very first kitchen appliance I ever had! That and a coffee grinder. WAAAAAAA!

I just blew up my hand blender! Sparks, flame, smoke! I'm sad! This was the very first kitchen appliance I ever had! That and a coffee grinder. WAAAAAAA!

That sucks! I broke mine trying to make homemade pumkin seed butter. Darn I miss that thing, taking out the food processor is such a pain.

Bummer.

How old was it?

They got really cool ones now, with attachments. Mine has a whisk and a mini-food processor.

Relaxing with a glass of wine. I've done all my shopping, paid my bills, and made a low and slow braised pork sirloin. It's resting too.

Alix said:
It was 25. It owed me nothing, but I loved that thing! It was a Braun. I'll go shop for a new one now.

RIP, Alix's hand blender. I felt similarly when my 25 yo spice (coffee) grinder bit the dust awhile ago.

Last edited:
Alix said:
It was 25. It owed me nothing, but I loved that thing! It was a Braun. I'll go shop for a new one now.

I had a braun and it was the best one that I have ever owned, gave it to a friend. My cuisinart works fine, but that braun was tough!

Alix said:

Just remember, the next one you buy will not last that long! They don't make anything that lasts 25 years anymore (except maybe a marriage and half of you would argue that one).

How many sticks of dynamite did it take?:ohmy:

Truly sorry, Alix! It stinks to lose something you've had for so long.

Just remember, the next one you buy will not last that long! They don't make anything that lasts 25 years anymore (except maybe a marriage and half of you would argue that one).

I KNOW! They don't build 'em to last anymore. Phooey. I won't argue the marriage thing either. Mine's 19 and counting.

How many sticks of dynamite did it take?:ohmy:

Truly sorry, Alix! It stinks to lose something you've had for so long.

Smart ass. Thanks PF. I loved that thing. I bet I used it at least once or twice a week for SOMETHING.

Thank You so much PF, Addie and Kades :) Pretty sure it's not the meds, there is a bug going around. My kids both had it too but it only lasted a day with them, they're both tough as nails lol! I've managed to raise very healthy kids, they hardly ever get sick and when they do it doesn't last longer than a day or 2!

I'm a bit better today, had some coffee an hour ago and so far so good. Going to make a slice of toast with marmite now.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care of yourself. We worry. :angel:

Thank You so much PF, Addie and Kades :) Pretty sure it's not the meds, there is a bug going around. My kids both had it too but it only lasted a day with them, they're both tough as nails lol! I've managed to raise very healthy kids, they hardly ever get sick and when they do it doesn't last longer than a day or 2!

I'm a bit better today, had some coffee an hour ago and so far so good. Going to make a slice of toast with marmite now.

Hope you are feeling even better today Snip xx

Alix said:
I KNOW! They don't build 'em to last anymore. Phooey. I won't argue the marriage thing either. Mine's 19 and counting.

Smart ass. Thanks PF. I loved that thing. I bet I used it at least once or twice a week for SOMETHING.

My marriage is 32 and counting. :)

Back
Top Bottom