Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I want to use USPS to print me a shipping label online in order to ship a package via First Class box shipping (NOT PRIORITY SHIPPING). I go to USPS's site and the only shipping services they offer for label printing is Priority or Priority Overnight. Yet, if I sell an item on eBay, both eBay and Paypal offer to print me out a USPS First Class shipping label using USPS First Class shipping, not just Priority Shipping (which requires that you use their boxes btw).

Do eBay and Paypal have some exclusive arraignment with the USPS for online printing of shipping labels? Maybe I'm not using their sight correctly. All I see as a shipping choice (drop down box) is Priority Mail or Priority Mail Overnight. Guess I'll try UPS's site.

It's so convenient to print a paid shipping label with my PC. That way I can drop it off at a mom and pop mail store down the street, which I have done in the past using eBay's and Paypal's label printing service after an eBay auction.

Last edited:
Caslon, I've had the same experience with USPS online. The labels for regular boxes are there, but you really have to dig for them. They hide them well.

USPS has only Priority services at their online site. That's all they offer. I wanted Standard Delivery.

With eBay and Paypal, you're offered multiple choices to have USPS print out a shipping label.

When you go to USPS's site, all they offer for shipping service is Priority Shipping. Gimme a break, throw me a bone here.

Last edited:
Caslon, after much digging and frustration with the USPS website, trust me, it's there. They are annoying as hell, and bury and hide everything like a cat does in a litter box, but I refuse to buy a new box to send stuff.

Now I just use Amazon Prime, much easier.

Caslon, after much digging and frustration with the USPS website, trust me, it's there. They are annoying as hell, and bury and hide everything like a cat does in a litter box, but I refuse to buy a new box to send stuff.

Now I just use Amazon Prime, much easier.

The way their Priority works is each size box has a set price. No matter what the weight is. The boxes are free. In fact the mailman will deliver a set of different size boxes right to your home.

Every couple of months I send to my girlfriend in Atlanta two huge pieces of Parmasean Cheese cut from the wheel. She has hunted and hunted and can't find a place that has a wheel of it. Not even a cheese shop that advertises that they carry imported cheeses. The weight often comes close to ten pounds. It only costs me $5.00 total. There is a smaller box than the one I use and cost even less. That one is great for shipping a single clothing item.

But the bonus is that my package arrives much sooner than a plain regular package does. In fact I can almost count on it being delivered the next day in Atlanta. It goes out that day on the next flight to Atlanta. :angel:

Petty Vent

I have been coloring my own hair for many years; since we moved here to the mainland, I can now purchase professional products at Sally Beauty and the like, and get a great look. I go to the "pro" only to have my hair cut, they're always amazed that I "do" my own hair. Not to blow my own horn, but it looks great, not like it's been colored at all.

Today I realized that I NEEDED to color my hair before this party that we're invited to.

So I call the gal you cuts my hair; I ask if she could color my hair today (`cuz I'm just too dang tired to do it myself), "...sure, come on in we can touch up your roots".

She, as well as all the other gals in the shop say that it looks like a perfect match, hmmm. I get home and inspect it in the comfort of my own very well lite bathroom, NOPE!

Very flat and one dimensional and I spent WAY more money than I do for my own products and my own time... oh and it took the same amount of time to boot!
Don't get me wrong, it's okay, but not like my color that I get at Sally's and do myself, AND this was for convenience sake after all.

I KNEW I was better off being a miser as my husband calls me ... "Treat yourself, let someone else do your hair for a change" ... LAST TIME I SAY!
ARRGGHH!

Now, the next time I do my own hair, I'll have to color from root to tip, not a super healthy practice for hair.
Oh well, live and learn, right?

I'll get off my box now, thank you all for listening :flowers:

Give in to the gray! Give in to the gray! Give in to the gray!

Seriously, just go natural. I colored my gray from around age 42-43 until a couple years into my 50s. I figured I WAS 50 (52, actually) and so I could consider every one of my gray hairs as a badge well earned. I was surprised by how many compliments I got! Now I have to admit I'm not all gray. When I had hair long enough to pull up, I looked like I was all gray since a lot of it is around my face. Other than my hairline, I'm probably around 35-40% gray on the rest of my head. And it's a nice, silvery shade of gray. But I have never regretted giving up coloring my hair. Then again, IF wearing your hair gray would make you look older, keep coloring! Thanks to inheriting my Mom's skin type, I have virtually no wrinkles at age 64.

I'm 65 and don't colour my hair. Okay, I don't have a lot of white ones, but there are a few small, white streaks. The reason I don't colour it is because I look younger that way. Now I can prove that I don't colour it. ;) People didn't believe that for quite a while.

Because of my heritage, I look WAY WAY WAY younger than I am (only Miss Clairol knows for sure ;)).
I don't have that much gray, which I inherited from my Dad, who is Hawaiian, nor do I have thinning hair that my Mother does.... so thanks Dad, all the way around.
Wrinkles? None here, again, thanks Dad.
So, coloring my hair is simply to "enhance" that "Hawaiian Beauty"...
shaka braddah.jpg
SHAKA!

I'm all silver now, but I started going silver (it's never been grey) in my 30's. It was silver and pepper in those days, and I was actually stopped by strangers asking where I got my hair colored so beautifully. It was kinda fun in those days with a 30yr old face and hair like mine. When I got to be in my 50's it wasn't so fun anymore and I thought being an ash blonde would be nice. I colored it myself for several years and although I liked it, I never got any more compliments about by beautiful hair. My late husband had always loved my silver and pepper hair and he wanted me to again have the hair he loved. Sadly he died when we were both 61 yrs old, and I've never colored it again. Once more, I get compliments on my sliver hair from strangers, and people I love.
I don't like talking about myself much, but there you have it. ;):)

Because of my heritage, I look WAY WAY WAY younger than I am (only Miss Clairol knows for sure ;)).
I don't have that much gray, which I inherited from my Dad, who is Hawaiian, nor do I have thinning hair that my Mother does.... so thanks Dad, all the way around.
Wrinkles? None here, again, thanks Dad.
So, coloring my hair is simply to "enhance" that "Hawaiian Beauty"...
View attachment 24075
SHAKA!

Except for one streak on top of my head that is salt and pepper grey, the rest is all silvery white and I love it. Once I noticed some grey hairs, I just let it all come in at will. :angel:

Shrek made the grey hair, so he has to look at it. Okay, that was for a funny. He loves my grey hair and comes unglued when I think about coloring it.

Shrek made the grey hair, so he has to look at it. Okay, that was for a funny. He loves my grey hair and comes unglued when I think about coloring it.

I did laugh.

My hairdresser told me that a lot of her clients say that as long as they are working, they color their hair. But once they retire, they stop. They tell her that they don't get the promotions or biggest pay raises with their hair grey. Nothing like silent discrimination. :angel:

When I signed up to come down here to mortality, and straighten all you people out, I knew what I was signing up for, a body that would wear out, hair that would turn grey (though it hasn't yet, but the beard is nearly all white), and body parts that would just not work as well, after time had passed. So the rest of you, suck it up and get down and give me fifty, on your fingertips. And do it quick!:LOL:

Oh, wait, I came down here to do the learning, not the teaching, but the part about the aging body is true, and my hair color is not showing much grey yet. No hair color has ever, nor will it ever touch my head. If you can't love me for my good looks, then you will for my pancakes:mrgreen:. Now is that humble or what?:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well, this truly makes me very unhappy. I apparently caught something, and have been napping for four days straight. I haven't napped since I was a baby, and even then reluctantly. I'm dizzy, exhausted, and don't trust myself to stand upright for long. I usually zip around like crazy.

DH brought me some coconut ice cream as I haven't felt like eating for a few days. I like coconut ice cream.

I still have that Nordic hair that turns blonde in the summer...darker in the winter. Some of the blonde is more white than blonde...the purple highlights are the wild side I can't control...

Back
Top Bottom