Photography question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
My staffie's eyes are blue on all photos these days. Any idea what I'm doing wrong ? Jake the bulldog's eyes are its usual color . . .

Attachments

• 00009.jpg
    00009.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 170
the blue is caused by the flash, when the eyes are dilated, sometimes the eyes show up red or green.

It is the same as red eye with humans. If you have photo software that removed red eye or a red eye reduction feature on your camera then that will help.

You can either provide a good lighting when you take a picture so you won't need to use a flash, though you need some cooperation from your pets (like posing or doing certain stuff while the lights are on)

Try to avoid using the flash dead on, point the flash away from their faces. It needs to be at a certain angle and probably you need to play around a little to find the effective angle, I am still working on it.

When it is necessary, there is always photoshop or similar photo editing software, and fixing the evil eyes is one of the simplest operations.

They will...how old are they? Puppies 6 months below do not cooperate. They do their own thing and think like everything is playtime. I once have a Rottie who loves being photographed...we call our photoshoots as "pretty...pretty..." and we can do anything to him like asked him to go underneath a pillow or downs to just show his nose or part of his head or hold up on a toy to make him do things for us...The results had always been brilliant. We now have a newer Rottie who is just shy of 6 months and he has his moments...but we will get there one day. Just one day at a time and a lot of patience.

Some cameras have a setting for red eye which causes the flash togo off several times. The first flashes cause the subjet's eyes to close and that will reduce the red (or blue) eye. If your camera doesn;t have that feature, just take two flash pictures close together and the second one will be better.

You can also carry a little pen light with your camera and just before you take a picture, shine the light in the subjects eyes.

They will...how old are they?

Jake the Bulldog is 10 years old and have never cooperated a day in his life - DH's fault for spoiling him since day one:rolleyes: We got Steffie the Staffie from the animal shelter so we don't know her exact age - also around 10 - she follows her big brothers lead though . . .

Thanks for everyone's suggestions ! Will play around with the camera when it's a bit warmer - at the moment all that's visible from underneath the dog basket's blankets are two snouts.

You can also carry a little pen light with your camera and just before you take a picture, shine the light in the subjects eyes.

But make sure it is NOT a laser pen... that will damage their eyes if you point right at them. Cats love to play with the spot coming from it, but you also have to be careful not to point AT their faces.

Back
Top Bottom