Posting how I feel right now, after Buck's passing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't been posting much today and likely won't for a bit. I'm one of those who likes to get a handle on the pain all by myself first. I just want to say that when Katie is able to sit and read all of what is written here I know her heart will overflow. Its a pretty big thing for someone to have reached his hands across the world and touched so many people. Buck was a special gentle man and he will be very missed.

You know, closing up isn't fun is it. I remembered that I was saving an email from Buck - I had asked him about a spice rack for my daughter but as things would have it I delayed. Now, with sadness I deleted. I guess there's a lesson in that isn't there.

I love you all.I sit here wondering what I would do if I couldn't find my tiny sense of peace each day coming here. Katie reached out to me daily on the days before my surgery last year and continued to do so afterwards with loving words of encouragment.In saying that there have been many times when I have come here and have been touched by things that were posted that brightened my day or helped me through the rough patches with my daughter's on going anorexia.There have been times of smiles and tears -times of great recipes and just great banter.All of our souls have been drawn here and we all connect so well-we come and go but always return to this family.I am typing through tears,Buck's passing from this physical plane does not mean he's not with us- it's his spirit that has inspired us to post in this thread-post the sentiments we already know but, to put them into actual words as best we can.Love and energy to all of you, Vicki

Life comes at us with many terms, bumps and directional changes. My own husband has had the worst shoulder pain imaginable since the day our little Landon was born. He has taken to taking my pain meds just to bare life these days. That's been, however, over a couple of months. Katie had what seemed to me to be no notice that he beloved was ill. Unless there was something I'd not read, this was very sudden.
Over these last several days, while on our trip, I can't say how many people I talked to about Katie and Buck. Complete strangers to me, as always, but all have been stunned at what these two have gone through. Also while at work, I continue to find myself going over the events of late. It's hard to shake and hard to put behind me.
It seems from reading that things come together and that includes us here too.
I'll hope that Katie knows someday, how much this has touched her friends.

You know, closing up isn't fun is it. I remembered that I was saving an email from Buck - I had asked him about a spice rack for my daughter but as things would have it I delayed. Now, with sadness I deleted. I guess there's a lesson in that isn't there.
Truthfully, there is no lesson.....stop beating yourself up........you're one of the nicest guys around and so was Buck and he'd be saying the same thing....:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom