Prayers needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
Today's a big, hard day for Dad. It's been a hard road for him battling diabetes. We're trying everything possible to keep him with us a bit more, it just gets harder each time. Today he's going in for dialysis for the first time. I hate to see him frailing. I'm very worried. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

We'll have you and your dad in our thoughts today. I hope your dad is feeling better soon.

Dina, your dad has my prayers..Sweetie, I do dialisys 3 times a week for 3 hrs. each time. I too have diabetes..Tell your dad it doesn't hurt, it's just a nusiance to have to sit, but he can read, watch tv listen to music. He will feel so much better after a treatment...If I can answer anything else, just PM me and I will try.
kadesma

Hope

Keep on having the hope you express. Your dad can see how much you care and it means so much when you seem so alone in something like this. Having a dad you care about is a blessing. Evidently he showed you how much he loved you in the past. Wonderful. Asking for special support at this time for both you and your dad.

Last edited:
Dina, I'm so sorry. It's hard to watch those you love struggle with chronic and progressive illnesses. How did he handle his first dialysis? My daughter was on dialysis for over 3 years and she had a tough time with it even though we were grateful to have it as an option. I hope your daddy does wonderfully on it and that he feels much better. Be sure and tell him about the people at DC who send their love and prayers for him from all the corners of the planet!

All the best Dina for your dad. Dialysis is scary when you first go on it but Kadesma's comments are true. I did hemo for about 3.5 years before changing to PD. There were some tough days at dialysis but I used to enjoy it after a while. I could catch up on a dvd, read a book, do a bit of paperwork from the office or just sit there and have a good natter with the nurses or other patients. Some days you even got to have a decent snooze! Some of us would have a great laugh if we got to sit together. Made the four or more hours go very quickly. We were also lucky that we got to set up our own machines and program them ourselves so we were able to take charge of our own health. I was extremely fortunate to receive a transplant last November. The drugs have now given me diabetes but not relying on a machine to stay alive is great. I'm sure your father will do fine on dialysis and his overall health will improve. All the best.

Thank you all for your comforting words and prayers. It means a lot to me to have this support right now. My dad did very well with dialysis yesterday and this morning. My sister, mom and I (with help from my husband) have been with him through this. I spent a couple of hours with him during and after the treatment this morning and he seemed do be handling it okay. A tad dizzy but he's had dizziness frequently before. He is just happy to know that we are there for him and we love him. I will keep you all posted.

Dina

Means so much to me to 'keep us posted'. So often I have failed to do that myself when others are keeping me in their prayers. I do so appreciate it to know you will let us know how things are going.

Back
Top Bottom