"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Constance, that sounds a whole lot more involved than just yanking a baby out of there.

In my case by the time they got around to the first C Section I'd been in labour for 40 hours and was darned near done in. I was telling Ken to make sure the baby saw pictures of me because I thought I was going to die. The SECOND one was planned so I wouldn't have to do labour ever EVER again. Poor Ken had to watch through the first one and was with me all the way on never doing labour again. I can't even imagine how tough it is to watch someone you love in that kind of pain and not be able to help. It scared the beegeebees out of both of us.

I don't mean to downplay the difficulty of recovering from a section, just that for me...it was the lesser of two evils. BIG TIME.
Alix, I understand where you are coming from with the recovery from a section. The first one was easy - I didn't have any problem picking the baby up or anything like that. But, I was living in a hotel (staff to clean, cook, etc) plus my mom stayed with me for 8 weeks. Second one-other than the stitches not healing, recovery was okay - no problems picking up baby, etc. Again, my mom stayed with me for two weeks then DH took off a week.

I feel sorry for those people who have to labor AND do c-section - that might be different. My first was breach and my second was breech then turned then turned head up then turned again to breech. We decided to play it safe - in the end, it was the best decision.

If I had to be on my own recovering from c-section, I may not say it was as easy.

Texasgirl, Oh my gosh! Girlfriend, I feel for you! I'm glad everything turned out okay for you! I cannot imagine the emotions going through your head - not to mention the hormones! Glad you are here!

Old 04-05-2006, 09:16 PM   #32
Master Chef

I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world! Well, the eclampsia part I would, LOL

Old 04-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Isn't pregnancy and birth just a wonderful miracle of life?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #34
Executive Chef

I couldn't agree with you more mudbug. Epidural with both the kids.

Aidan was more painful, especially the time at home. We lived 5 mins from the hospital so I wanted to be sure before we went, I didn't want to get sent home. Went to the hospital at midnight. Had the epidural maybe an hour later. dh took a nap and I was in and out of sleep. We had a great nurse and a nurse in training, which I was worried when I first found that out but it turned out to be great because the nurse was explaining everything to the training nurse so I got bonus info. As it turns out too, her brother worked with dh. doc came in and I pushed about 20 mins. dh said I was blue. Aidan also had the cord wrapped around his neck. Had a great doctor though. He was joking around and telling stories but when the contraction would begin, it was all buisness. Born at 5:58am

Callum was easy, not very painful at home but was very quick! By the time I figured out I was in labor, the contractions were 5 minutes apart. We now live 45 mins from the hospital but we made it in 25! Got there, like with Aidan, at midnight. Vaguely remember all the details. Our doctor came in and said he wanted me to push to see what was going on. I gave one tiny push and he said "stop! stop!" Then he got all ready and Callum came out with one push. Born at 5:53am

Afterpains were stronger with Callum, which is very common but ibuprofen was all I needed for about 2 days. Bled for 8 weeks though.

BTW, have you guys seen that goofy sculpture of Britney Spears "giving birth?" She's all naked on a bear skin rug supposedly having her son. She had a c section because she was scared of going through labor!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:12 AM   #35
Everymom

Not to mention she didn't want to mess up things "down there"
Old 04-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #36
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Not to mention she didn't want to mess up things "down there"
Her ankles?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
No Ken... a little higher.
her knees ! lol
Old 04-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #38
Everymom

Mrsmac? You still around for a while? Make sure you keep us posted on whats up with you.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #39
Executive Chef

Mrsmac is Recovering

Hi everybody, I heard from mrsmac's daughter via email. Before her surgery I told mrsmac that I would check in with her daughter via email to check on her recovery. This is the email I got:

Hey this is jess her daughter. The surgury went well and the baby is fine shes still in alot of pain and finds it hard to use the crutches but has a wheelchair now thank goodness shes is having her stiches out on moday and a fibre glass cast is being put on her leg then aswell. from jess

It is so good to hear she is healing. I will keep you updated to any news I hear. I just wanted to pass this on to her friends at DC!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #40
Master Chef

Oh, that's great! Thanks Michele!!
Tell her I wish her a speedy recovery!!