"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #121
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
Man they make this hard don't they???????

In addition to the patch I use a prescription inhaler to help when the craving is too much for the patch to handle.

I also eat and drink lots more fruits and veggies, it helps. I tried sugar free gum, but the kids keep getting into it and it disappears!
hide it!! Keep it in your pocket and tell them your out.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #122
Executive Chef

Quote:
Man they make this hard don't they???????

In addition to the patch I use a prescription inhaler to help when the craving is too much for the patch to handle.

I also eat and drink lots more fruits and veggies, it helps. I tried sugar free gum, but the kids keep getting into it and it disappears!
What kind of inhaler? I'm past that but still curious about what you are talking about.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #123
Master Chef

A Nicitrol Inhaler. It has a little capsule containing nicotine in it. When you put it in the tube and push it together, it forms a small cigarette like thingy, and releases the nicotine inside. Then you puff on it like you do a cigarette.
It burns my throat so I don't use it much.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #124
Executive Chef

Today was vey much like yesterday I still remember how much I enjoy/ enjoyed smoking. Now it seems I need to learn how to breathe with out cigs I am getting so much more air I need to learn how to compensate.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #125
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Meh, almost right on que! I have a cold that`s mainly sore throat and tight chest, and it`s only a couple of hours away from being exactly 1 week Quit, I can expect a few of these ( just like it was 18 years ago when I quit for 8 months).
HOWEVER!!!!
the Internet didn`t exist back then and there was little data at the local library about this phenomenon, and you may be absolutely Certain the anti-smoking literature (and most Doctors) will fail to tell you this or even acknowledge the fact that some DO get all sorts of chest infections and sore throats and diarrehoa and sickness and depression and whole range of other disorders as the body rids itself of the 3000+ chems you suck in per drag!
LOL, there`s a whole thread about it here: Quit smoking a year ago - sick ever since! >> Medical Questions, Weight Loss, Pregnancy, Drugs, Health Insurance
but pay Particular attention to poster that resumed smoking again as result only to find out that it DID`NT make it go away! and was stuck with the same problem as well as the original smoking habit :(
I`m a bit more determined Not to start again after reading some of those posts (not that I have any doubts anyway).
I must admit though, after reading about the lethargy and lack of energy and depression and some with panic attacks, I find it hard to imagine, as I feel almost the exact opposite since a few days ago, generally Happier and Plenty (maybe to excess) energy, and find I`m smiling on the inside more than I did before.
I`v been Physically FUBAR for the best part of a year now anyway, so that side of the quit isn`t going to make things any worse for me so I can give it the Bird ;)

"I have been quit for 6 Days, 19 hours, 11 minutes and 12 seconds (6 days). I have saved 9.70 by not smoking 135 cigarettes. I have saved 11 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 01/01/2009 00:00"
are my stats.

so.... I`v decided I`m going to buy a new Camera with the cash at the end of the year, I want a Pentax K20D.

what`s JP and Mav going to buy?

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #126
Master Chef

where did you get your stats?
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #127
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I used the Quit Time program, linked to in this thread (somewhere), it runs on my desktop.

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #128
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT2095 View Post
I used the Quit Time program, linked to in this thread (somewhere), it runs on my desktop.
Awesome!!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #129
Master Chef

Oh gee, more side effects to look forward to, yippie!! LOL still hanging in there. Maye I should have downloaded one of those time stat thingys too.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #130
Executive Chef

Quote:
Oh gee, more side effects to look forward to, yippie!! LOL still hanging in there. Maye I should have downloaded one of those time stat thingys too.
You still can just download and put in your stats.