"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-01-2009, 12:13 AM   #61
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
That's pretty cool Angie, I know right now I could kill for one...

I have heard about the hypnotism, thinking of looking into that. Right now I am on the patch again, but only takes the edge off doesn't kill the cravings completely...

And seriously, how exactly does she think nagging and following me around and searching me and the house on a constant basis is any help??

Well, I promised my niece I would quit by her birthday and I had to do it. I had that incentive. She and I are really close.

Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:00 AM   #62
Sous Chef

I'm down!!!

I have been wanting to for a while but I am now more serious. Ready to tell family I will be edgy and to take it easy on me.

This is something I want more now than ever so I think it can happen.

Good luck to all that are trying!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #63
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
That's pretty cool Angie, I know right now I could kill for one...

I have heard about the hypnotism, thinking of looking into that. Right now I am on the patch again, but only takes the edge off doesn't kill the cravings completely...

And seriously, how exactly does she think nagging and following me around and searching me and the house on a constant basis is any help??

Hang in there Mav it will get better in a few days I'm suffering withdrawel as well as far as your wife I know what you mean even though DH knew I was really going to give it a shot he was nagging me even through the final hours of smoking when I asked him not to. I finally broke down and cried and cried he has absolutely no idea how hard it is.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #64
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAchef View Post
I'm down!!!

I have been wanting to for a while but I am now more serious. Ready to tell family I will be edgy and to take it easy on me.

This is something I want more now than ever so I think it can happen.

Good luck to all that are trying!!!!!!
Well I'm here with you
Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #65
Executive Chef

So how is everyone doing? I'm doing better than I thought due to being on Paxil anyway, it has really taken the edge off physical thing but still is very difficult on the habit thing. I have not been functioning well and have been spending a lot of time in bed or the couch feeling sorry for my self but all in all doing OK. My energy level is picking up and my sence of smell is incredible.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #66
Master Chef

I am still on the 'spending time in bed' phase here...
Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hang in there, Jackie. I know you can succeed.

I've never smoked but Buck did for many years and stopped "cold turkey." If you need support, just PM me. It's difficult but it's possible.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #68
Head Chef

i never smoked either -well, one puff when i was in 8th grade - so i know i have NO say in the matter of quitting...but my dear hubby smoked for 30 plus years and quit cold turkey. I admire him SO much. I know nicotine addiction is very strong...and I have seen him a few times when I know he would easily cave in - but didn't! Stay strong...I've witnessed him feel better, sense of smell is better, he can walk farther, and enjoy physical activities more...and I KNOW he will live longer! God bless all who want to quit.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #69
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey guys just be glad you are doing this for yourselves. I don't think you'd like to go out for dinner, wake up a week later with a whole week of your life gone and even now you can't remember, part way through that week you ralize every time you move or your legs bother you and you want to sit up or in a chair someone slaps a patch on you, won't tell you why or what it is, then you ralize the smokes in yourpurse are gone, you get home there isn't a match to light a candle with and yourtold be a good girl and your legs won't bother you anymore we took care of it by putting patches to help you stop smoking on you..Who you ask decided this..your DH...That's fine, but ya know what gang, I still resent not being given a choice and being treated like the village idiot..It's been over a year, but there are time like the other night I woke up from a dream trying to light a lighter for a smoke..Stay strong if this is what YOU want to do, it is a better way tolive and at least you get to pick and choose yourself..
kades
Old 01-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #70
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Hang in there, Jackie. I know you can succeed.

I've never smoked but Buck did for many years and stopped "cold turkey." If you need support, just PM me. It's difficult but it's possible.
Thank You Katie and callie both of you understand just how hard it is it's not just the habit but the incredible amount of chemicals they put in these things to keep one addicted.