"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #2081
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Lovely, Marc!

Old 11-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #2082
Master Chef

Beautiful yards, Josie and Marc! I would love to have that much space.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #2083
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
...From the garden and ready to bake (not the beer...)...
Yuengling beer when you have Great Lakes in Ohio? I have to make sure I have our daughter (near Canton) snap up my favorites so I can bring a couple 6-packs back with me when we visit her and her bro. Anyway, if you like Yuengling, enjoy away.

Lovely yard and trees. I hope you have a tractor or ride-a-mower, though. unless grass-cutting is your No. 1 exercise program.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #2084
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Great pics Marc! Good grief...do you mow that beautiful lawn?
That's not even 1/4 of the lawn. Takes ~2 hours to do the whole thing after I got wise and bought a 60" commercial lawn mower. Yep....2 hours riding a bucking bronco. I can hang on for the entire ride but never get any points for style....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Lovely, Marc!
Thank you....the yard is a pain and I get no help.

I haven't made any pies this year but my son has. He's a stubborn sort and made his own pie crusts. Bought some pie pumpkins at the store (I had 0 harvest this year) that were the worst things I've ever seen. It was a fight just to cut them in half for baking......after baking they could not be peeled and he had to scoop the pulp out. Not bad pies and his gf was impressed.....

Two of my sons are firefighters......they can cook. The oldest son is the cook at his station......that'll teach him to help in the kitchen. He got stuck with the job.....
Old 11-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #2085
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Yuengling beer when you have Great Lakes in Ohio? I have to make sure I have our daughter (near Canton) snap up my favorites so I can bring a couple 6-packs back with me when we visit her and her bro. Anyway, if you like Yuengling, enjoy away.

Lovely yard and trees. I hope you have a tractor or ride-a-mower, though. unless grass-cutting is your No. 1 exercise program.
Yuengling for the price.......my preference is closer to where you live but the price is 2X. Favorite beer is Samuel Adams.......Boston Lager most times but a Rebel Rouser isn't bad once in a while.....
Old 11-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #2086
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
...Favorite beer is Samuel Adams.......Boston Lager most times but a Rebel Rouser isn't bad once in a while.....
I'm a Sam Adams fan as well. Boston Lager most of the year and Winter Lager when I can get it. Bought a case of Winter last week.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:20 PM   #2087
Master Chef

Looks like you're a hoppy sort of guy. Himself favors hop beers, while I'm a malty sort of gal. Too bad you don't live closer to our kids, Marc. I'd happily swap you a couple 6-packs of Rebel Rouser ($9.99 per six-pack by us) for an equal value of "something" GLC (too many to list by name ).
Old 11-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #2088
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'm a Sam Adams fan as well. Boston Lager most of the year and Winter Lager when I can get it. Bought a case of Winter last week.
I like the Winter ale......Octoberfest not too bad with a hint of pumpkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Looks like you're a hoppy sort of guy. Himself favors hop beers, while I'm a malty sort of gal. Too bad you don't live closer to our kids, Marc. I'd happily swap you a couple 6-packs of Rebel Rouser ($9.99 per six-pack by us) for an equal value of "something" GLC (too many to list by name ).
Yes....I like a hoppy beer. It's been a while since I've had any Great Lakes.....Edmund Fitzgerald porter.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #2089
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
That's not even 1/4 of the lawn. Takes ~2 hours to do the whole thing after I got wise and bought a 60" commercial lawn mower. Yep....2 hours riding a bucking bronco. I can hang on for the entire ride but never get any points for style....

Thank you....the yard is a pain and I get no help.

I haven't made any pies this year but my son has. He's a stubborn sort and made his own pie crusts. Bought some pie pumpkins at the store (I had 0 harvest this year) that were the worst things I've ever seen. It was a fight just to cut them in half for baking......after baking they could not be peeled and he had to scoop the pulp out. Not bad pies and his gf was impressed.....

Two of my sons are firefighters......they can cook. The oldest son is the cook at his station......that'll teach him to help in the kitchen. He got stuck with the job.....
I have three first responders in the family. I am very proud of them, but worry constantly. They are the only people that leave their home each day looking for trouble with the good possibility of being hurt.

Your yard is beautiful. Those trees are breathtaking. And that pie can take a prize also.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #2090
Master Chef

MarcD, my son-in-law is a firefighter, too - and yes, those boys can cook! Steve works at a very small fire station, only 9 guys there total, 3 for each shift. They share cooking duties so no one person has to do it all. They're planning their Thanksgiving feast this week.

Here's their kitchen
Click image for larger version

Name:	074.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	23839

Year 'round outdoor grilling area for the boys
Click image for larger version

Name:	072.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	23840