Royal Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...The only observation we have about today's wedding coverage is: why is a British person driving a British made car that is being driven on English soil...with the driver's side on the left side? :huh:

britain-us-royals-wedding-1.jpg

Good catch, CG! I have no clue why that is.

Given that in the United Kingdon, and a Monarchy that has a history centuries old, there is a way of doing things for welcoming a new member of the Royal Family. The dilemma was how, given that the Duchess of Suxxes, as she is now acknowledged, the question arose that who would have the honour of giving the bride away, because her father was ill and unable to do the honour of given the bride to Prince Harry. The Duchess of Sussex, as she now is, was walked down the aisle on the arm of her mother. The protocal in a situation like this is well defined. When Meghan and Henry came out of and stood at the entrance of St George's Chapel, the crowds cheered in a way I have never seen before! Across this this side of the pond, there were parties in every all part of the, and they're still doing it because they love Harry and Meghan

Given that in the United Kingdon, and a Monarchy that has a history centuries old, there is a way of doing things for welcoming a new member of the Royal Family. The dilemma was how, given that the Duchess of Suxxes, as she is now acknowledged, the question arose that who would have the honour of giving the bride away, because her father was ill and unable to do the honour of given the bride to Prince Harry. The Duchess of Sussex, as she now is, was walked down the aisle on the arm of her mother.

Actually, she walked by herself part of the way and Prince Charles walked her the rest of the way.

I admit I'm a sucker for weddings, and I think this one was particularly touching for many reasons. It had me in tears several times..the looks on their faces..the remarkable and inspirational message of love from the American Bishop Curry ..the American "Stand by Me" singers..it was all just lovely.
This "power of love" is well worth reading..

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...wedding-sermon-full-text-of-the-power-of-love

Good catch, CG! I have no clue why that is.
Thanks, but I don't get all of the credit. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong, but Himself was the one who put the "driver's side" thing into words.

Twitter noticed! [emoji38] Apparently this particular car was made for the American market. No idea why Prince Harry chose it...
Maybe it was the only Jag available in the car stable. ;)

Actually, she walked by herself part of the way and Prince Charles walked her the rest of the way.

Maybe I missed it, but no where did I hear, "And who gives this woman in marriage." They may have rewritten the Common Book of Prayer since I was married the first time by it. It is the prayer book used for all marriages and other ceremonies in the Episcopal Church.

Actually, I liked the touch with the car - British made, for use for American owners! You can bet your life it will have been superbly re the changes you pointed out. I think that touch lent a significant diplomatic symbol!

Some people will say ' pass the sick bag, please!!!'

Misspelling of 'Sussex' to 'Suffexx' was very touching as well. Well, I found it was.

Cheers all

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I really was impressed by Bishop Curry, and also with the Gospel choir.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Well, we are up at 6 am to watch it and loved most of it ...

It was interesting to see the Royal family all together like that. The Royal grandchildren span 30 years!

Maybe I missed it, but no where did I hear, "And who gives this woman in marriage." They may have rewritten the Common Book of Prayer since I was married the first time by it. It is the prayer book used for all marriages and other ceremonies in the Episcopal Church.
Neither Kate nor Meghan said they'll obey their husbands, either. Things do change over 60 years. Also, while Episcopalian is obviously derived from the Anglican church, they are not the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom