"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 11:06 PM   #11
Executive Chef

BT, like I said, I don't know what the answer is. I just know that we aren't taking the problem seriously. We are sleepwalking through a mine field. What's it going to take for us to wake up and do something?

Check out this clip of a former FBI agent and counterterrorist expert. A guy who is a seasoned law enforcement officer. He got the wake-up call.

CD

“It was curious to think that the sky was the same for everybody, in Eurasia or Eastasia as well as here -- people ignorant of one another’s existence, held apart by walls of hatred and lies, and yet almost exactly the same.” -- George Orwell, 1984
Old 02-15-2018, 05:49 AM   #12
Master Chef

Unless something drastic is done by the powers that be, nothing will ever change..as an outsider looking in, I just think it is another day in the US..this will happen again, and again,,,my condolenses..an awful situation

Old 02-15-2018, 06:52 AM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
BT, like I said, I don't know what the answer is. I just know that we aren't taking the problem seriously. We are sleepwalking through a mine field. What's it going to take for us to wake up and do something?

Check out this clip of a former FBI agent and counterterrorist expert. A guy who is a seasoned law enforcement officer. He got the wake-up call.

CD
Yeah, I understand. I don't mean to bitch at you. It's just such a heartbreaking tragedy, the only thing that can be worse, if there is such a thing beyond losing a child, is to see your dead child on TV.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #14
Head Chef

Yeah, this is the "normal" we who look in see of USA, it sort weird seeing pictures and for moment think Ah, must be Syria or some war torn country and then oh no USA ..again.

In Sweden, we only had 1 mass school shooting at that was 1961 and then we made head lines, on of the first in Europe and then we next was in 2015 but that was done by sword and knife.

My condolences, it is just awful, I wish there was something that could be done so no more lifes would be lost.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
, "What the hell has happened to our country?"

Ross
It's not just this country.

I just watched documentary about Juvenal prison in Russia. Warden talks about how some 20-30 years ago they may have had 3-4 murderers per a 100 girls, right now it is at least 50. Most of the interviewed girls were very proud of what they have done.
I have the theory, feel free to prove me wrong.
In the last 20-30 years Hollywood has promoted violence, sex, rape, sadism, murder, etc., thru the films they put out, more so than any previous times in the history of movie making. Same goes to computer games. It is violence, violence, violence.
Somebody posted a cruel joke. A person asks G-d, how is it possible that you allowed such violence in schools. G-d response by saying that he is not allowed in school anymore.
Sad, but true. Secularization of the society has not prove to be a positive change.
Old 02-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
It's not just this country.

I just watched documentary about Juvenal prison in Russia. Warden talks about how some 20-30 years ago they may have had 3-4 murderers per a 100 girls, right now it is at least 50. Most of the interviewed girls were very proud of what they have done.
I have the theory, feel free to prove me wrong.
In the last 20-30 years Hollywood has promoted violence, sex, rape, sadism, murder, etc., thru the films they put out, more so than any previous times in the history of movie making. Same goes to computer games. It is violence, violence, violence.
Somebody posted a cruel joke. A person asks G-d, how is it possible that you allowed such violence in schools. G-d response by saying that he is not allowed in school anymore.
Sad, but true. Secularization of the society has not prove to be a positive change.
I believe you to be correct.. I would add that, sadly, the news media plays a large part violence becoming common...

Ross

Tags
florida