Season's greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very pretty, Bucky! CG....love the book tree!

Gee...usually we share a few more Christmas tree pics this time of year. I'm guilty of being late, as well. :(

Anyhoo, before I take it down, here's my little 2017 tree. A quickie taken on Christmas day just after sunset, and right before I closed the blinds for the night. Any other Christmas tree pics? It's still the Christmas season! :)

Attachments

• Christmas tree 2017.jpg
    Christmas tree 2017.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 158
Very pretty, Bucky! CG....love the book tree!

Gee...usually we share a few more Christmas tree pics this time of year. I'm guilty of being late, as well. :(

Anyhoo, before I take it down, here's my little 2017 tree. A quickie taken on Christmas day just after sunset, and right before I closed the blinds for the night. Any other Christmas tree pics? It's still the Christmas season! :)

My house looks like the offices of Scrooge and Marley. :ohmy::LOL:

I don't own a single Christmas decoration. :neutral:

CD

My house looks like the offices of Scrooge and Marley. :ohmy::LOL:

I don't own a single Christmas decoration. :neutral:

CD

Same with my bachelor brother. :LOL: That's why it's a given that he comes to my house from a couple of blocks over - I do the decs and the eats, he spends the holiday here, we chat for hours, I get to send him home with leftovers for the next few days, and everyone is happy. It's been this way for so long, and we wouldn't have it any other way. :):wub:

I took a pic of my tree last weekend. I've collected, and been given, ornaments over the years and I really enjoy taking them out and putting them on the tree. They bring up beautiful memories. Merry Christmas, all ?
1223171551.jpg

Same with my bachelor brother. :LOL: That's why it's a given that he comes to my house from a couple of blocks over - I do the decs and the eats, he spends the holiday here, we chat for hours, I get to send him home with leftovers for the next few days, and everyone is happy. It's been this way for so long, and we wouldn't have it any other way. :):wub:

When I was married, I spent days putting up all the decorations my wife insisted that we had to put up. Then, we went out of town for xmas to either her mom's or mine. Then, I spent days taking them down.

Inside and out, decorations everywhere. A whole attic full of decorations on display for one month. She wanted a real tree, but I drew the line at that. I'm not killing a perfectly healthy tree to use as a decoration, then throw away.

When I divorced, I figured I had already done one lifetime's worth of xmas decorating, and now I don't bother with it.

Oh, BTW, my SIL and BIL also didn't like the idea of killing a perfectly good tree for a decoration, so they got a live tree for my MIL's house one xmas. Guess who had to plant the live tree in my MIL's yard after xmas. Yep, that would be me, the "handy" SIL. The other two SILs were useless for any kind of real labor. Do you have any idea what it's like to dig a hole in the ground in Oklahoma in winter?

CD

I took a pic of my tree last weekend. I've collected, and been given, ornaments over the years and I really enjoy taking them out and putting them on the tree. They bring up beautiful memories. Merry Christmas, all ��
View attachment 28772

Beautiful, GG! Your poinsettias are beautiful - I love them and have several on tables here and there.

edited....I was given so many little ornaments over many years and love the memories of them, too! Last year I wrapped them up and gave them to my daughters to eventually pass on to the grands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom