Sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Im soooooooooooooo sick. Last night I took cold medication and then I had a few beers. BAD idea! I dont remember anything. I woke up on the floor next to my couch at 3am. :wacko:
Im not a wierdo folks. But I just want to say...... DONT drink and take cold meds. Dear Lord. :ermm:

Good thing you woke up at all.

Never tried it with cold meds but have tried it with (perscription)pain killers. They werent really working, so I decided a couple beers might help. I was feeling no pain!
I was passed out forr like 15 hours. I am not a doctor but I think you can go into a coma from that type of thing.

Be more careful, and pay attention to labels!!!

Last edited:
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Im soooooooooooooo sick. Last night I took cold medication and then I had a few beers. BAD idea! I dont remember anything. I woke up on the floor next to my couch at 3am. :wacko:
Im not a wierdo folks. But I just want to say...... DONT drink and take cold meds. Dear Lord. :ermm:

You poor thing! Beer and cold meds don't mix but sushi do!! Time to drink a lot of herbal teas to get back on track buddy!

Doo doo head ( I say lovingly because he is dear to my heart), live and learn. Don't ever do that again!

Thanks folks! :) I came home from work and felt crappy. I poped this pill and got borred. So I had a few and the next thing I know Im waking up on the floor with my 2 cats looking at me. :mellow: I blame it on the Iraq war. :glare: I like to put blame on anything but me. :cool:
Yup... its the wars fault. :rolleyes:

Sushi, please don't mix booze and drugs, of almost any type.

Several years ago I had to have my wisdom teeth ranked. They were in bad shape.

Unfortunately the guy I went to apparently had gotten his DDS at the Sadam Hussein school of dentistry and really did a nasty job.

The next day we went away and that night I wanted a drink. DH told me that I could have a cocktail, or two, but not a pain pill too. I had to choose.

Well, I took the Scotch, neat, a doubloe, and let it go back to my gums.

Hubby was right, of course. And when I explained the double Scotch to the waitress she understood.

Take care of yourself, we need you here.

I hope your cold is better Sushi :) A few beers and some cold medicine wouldnt phase me, let alone forgetting what I did, so I guess you had a few more :ohmy: Oh well, lesson learned ey?:cool:

I was feeling pretty bad last night too. Didn't think to have beer too tho. :0) Hope you're feeling better!! :)

Aye carumba, Sush! Booze and drugs are not good bedfellows. Each by themselves can work fine, though.

I'm a firm believer in NyQuil/DayQuil, though I only use the geltabs or whatever they call them. I also only take NyQuil when I have the opportunity to sleep for at least 10 hours. If that means I go to bed earlier because of something the next morning, then so be it.

I recall one time I was sick and nothing, absolutely nothing, worked. So, my rommate brought me to the liquor store so I could get some whiskey. Got home, nuked a shot of whiskey and added some honey. Went to bed and felt a lot better then next morning! Not perfect, but a whole lot better then before. Worked like a charm, but the problem for me now is Mrs. Big Dog doesn't let me drink . . . .

Back
Top Bottom