Spring Sprung yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, this evening its gone from warm to seriously muggy. Our cat sitter just came to collect her keys, she is from Arizona and when I said she must be laughing at us sweltering in this heat she shook her head and said that it was too hot too early and she already has a bottle of water for spritzing.

We are so hot we have been playing with our bowls of salad for a bout an hour. It was ok during the day, how come its hot NOW!

Yeah we had spring for about 2 days. Temps in the 70's. And then 24 hrs later... we got hit with another winter storm. Some areas east of me got 2 feet of snow.
I was lucky and got maybe 1 foot. It's all melted now. Still chilly.
It's sunny today so it's almost "springy"
even thought there's snow in the forecast for the weekend.

I HATE CLEVELAND WEATHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

we never had a real winter this year.. just about a handful days with freezing and now it's almost summer :clap:
sunny, no clouds and about 25°C/80°F
that's the way I like it ;)

Our weather has been a roller coaster all winter and continues to do so - one day this week it was 90 - the low tonight (after thunderstorms) in the 30's. We just never know from one day to the next. I put away my sweaters only to have to drag some of them out again. Bad weather isn't happening just in the north - it is here also.

Some unpredictable ups and downs also in Rome. The winter on the whole was quite balmy, then we got hit by a nasty big triple cold front a few weeks ago which sent us right back to winter, and it lingered for a while.
Now it is suddenly getting almost summer like, at this point you would see people who are dressed for skiing and people who are dressed for the beach all at the same time out on the streets, you are just not sure how you would prepare yourself for!!:wacko:

Well, down in Rome it almost never snows, just a few flakes fluttering down for a few seconds at the very most. I don't think Cris's children ever saw any snow, and we have been talking about taking them to Gran Sasso in Abruzzo (within 2 hours drive from here) some time so they can play in the snow, but we haven't got around to do that yet.

Our friend with whom we stayed with in Stelvio told us, as Lulu said, very little snow in the Alps, but there are always a little snow all year around still in the higher area, we even saw a bunch of skiiers even during the month of August!! (of course, they are equipped with the artificial snow blowers too, which must have come handy this winter). The Glaciers still looked awesome to us, but I heard that they are shrinking little by little.
I surely hope this beautiful area won't suffer too much more of the global warming!!

Spring has definitely come to Southern California in the San Fernando Valley. After the 50-60 miles of winds that we had it is pretty nice outside today.

It is in the high 60's to low 70's.

Sorry, to clarify, the Alps do have some snow, not sure what the skiing has been like, but the tops will always have snow! Not a lot, but bear in mind through summer they should still be snow topped, and in winter the foot hills etc expect serious snow. I panicked when I arrived and saw all the snow chains for sale in supermarkets, and we got things stuck to our doors explaining the cities colour codes for snow weather and snow depth. As it turned out, neither were necessary at all. Milan is in the Po Valley beneath the Alps, we saw not ONE flake of snow. Milan is well known for women wrapped in fur coats and COLD winters with snow. The Alps tower above the Lakes and to the North of the city....and even now my impression is the snow is not how it was last summer when I first saw them.

I hate to add this, but I go sunburn this weekend in Venice (also north Italy but north east, we are north central.) I have a mark wear my bag strap went across my front andmy arms and neck line are very pink. I have only had sunburn about 3 times in my life, (incuding before I returned to live in Europe but lived in hotter climes!) so I am amazed!

Last edited:
Spring????????? Girl, I need an ark today! We got 7 1/2 inches of rain in a 24 hour period yesterday. My home is in the middle of a lake today. All my bulb plants are completely submerged. There are cars stuck in the middle of my street because some idiots believe their cars have wings. 2 1/2 feet of water will stop any car. I've got a plated dinner for 90 people tonight, and I'm stuck here waiting for either a goose big enough to carry me, or a flying carpet.

I see no hope of spring here in northern NJ.

Oh Vera, I can't believe what is going on up north! :ohmy: The horrendous flooding plus the snow...good grief. We had quite a bit of rain this weekend and the winds were heavy but we can't even begin to complain after seeing the weather news.

I've got a plated dinner for 90 people tonight, and I'm stuck here waiting for either a goose big enough to carry me, or a flying carpet.

Oh my word!

Half Baked said:
Oh Vera, I can't believe what is going on up north! :ohmy: The horrendous flooding plus the snow...good grief. We had quite a bit of rain this weekend and the winds were heavy but we can't even begin to complain after seeing the weather news.

Oh my word!

Hi HB! I tried to drive to work, and got about 2 miles before I turned around and came back. That took 40 minutes. The dinner, luckily, has been cancelled. Produce cannot get in, the flowers cannot get in, and the waitstaff cannot get in. Sheesh!

VeraBlue said:
Hi HB! I tried to drive to work, and got about 2 miles before I turned around and came back. That took 40 minutes. The dinner, luckily, has been cancelled. Produce cannot get in, the flowers cannot get in, and the waitstaff cannot get in. Sheesh!

So stay home! Drink some bourbon! Take a nap. Drink some bourbon.
Enjoy a bubblebath Drink some bourbon. Cook dinner. Drink some bourbon.
Listen to the wind blow. Drink some bourbon. Have a nice day!:)

Uncle Bob said:
So stay home! Drink some bourbon! Take a nap. Drink some bourbon.
Enjoy a bubblebath Drink some bourbon. Cook dinner. Drink some bourbon.
Listen to the wind blow. Drink some bourbon. Have a nice day!:)

Darling, that is precisely what I did!!:angel:

Nope, spring is nowhere to be seen. It has been snowing off and on since Tuesday. It also supposed to snow through the weekend. Luckily, we have not accumulated any due to the ground is warm. Today, the low was 22 F. and the high was 45 F. The good news is that Sacramento is going to hit 80 F. sometime next week, so we should get warmer temps. up here in the Sierra's, too!!

Cold and snowing here again. Just south of us they got 10 inches and are predicting more! It caused major problems as it downed powerlines all over. Folks have been without power now for more than 24 hours. They're working as fast as they can to fix it but Mother Nature is sending more white stuff!

Back
Top Bottom