Stacking Food on Dogs & a Monkey -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to find the humor in teasing animals so humans can get a laugh. Would you do this to your children and put it on YouTube..."Stay, Jimmie, while Mommy stacks 17 cookies on your nose for this video so everyone can see what a good boy you are." If you wouldn't do it to your children, why do you think it's funny to do it to pets?

If I were to try this, my furbabies would sniff, take the food and probably bite me for being so stupid in teasing them!!

Just to clarify, I'm not stating that I think the video is hilarious, I think it is weird. I also can't believe how incredibly well trained the animals are to wait so patiently for their treats. The monkey was panicing - poor thing.

Just to clarify, I'm not stating that I think the video is hilarious, I think it is weird. I also can't believe how incredibly well trained the animals are to wait so patiently for their treats. The monkey was panicing - poor thing.

It has been pointed out that this is supposedly a family site, although I don't know just how many members below the age of 18 that actually spend any time here. If that's the case, we should be giving them good examples of our interactions with animals, and not "weird" examples. Hey, it's only a dog and a monkey, so I guess it's really no big deal as long as a few folks get a laugh from it. The line must be drawn somewhere else...

If you actually have empathy for the monkey, why would you leave this video up to promote the emotional abuse of the animal? Maybe I'm the one who needs some enlightenment that this is wholesome and worthy of a family website.

This is not animal abuse Joe. These are animal tricks. This is not different then going to the circus or watching stupid animal tricks on David Letterman. No animals were hurt doing this. This is quite different from your post about kicking dogs.

This is not animal abuse Joe. These are animal tricks. This is not different then going to the circus or watching stupid animal tricks on David Letterman. No animals were hurt doing this. This is quite different from your post about kicking dogs.

To quote Toots:
The monkey was panicing - poor thing.

You call that tricks?

The two dogs, those are tricks and well trained dogs. It is weird no doubt, but dogs love to please and these dogs did that and got their reward, which leaves them happy.
The monkey, I have no idea I don't know much about them. But if it was panicking and didn't like what was going on, then yes that is abuse. But if it is trained for this, then it was all part of the act for the monkey.

Circus' have trained animals to do all sorts of things and have had to change the way they do things because it was deemed their methods were cruel to animals.

Sea World had to change their methods too after too many Shamu's died from overfeeding--too many shows to entertain the families.

Just because an animal can be trained does not mean it isn't cruel to tease them.

Further, just to clarify I am not a PETA person. I am not extreme in my views on animals and am not at all political on this subject. I just don't like to see cruelty to animals.

I just want to add, Toots, I am sure that you did not understand when you posted the video how upsetting it might be to others. I know you would never intentionally do that as you seem like a lovely caring person. I just am very sensitive to issues of abuse.

Yeesh.

Joe, my daughter and a couple of her friends are both members here and one of them is an avid aspiring chef, she spends a great deal of time here. Whether they spend time here or not is irrelevant as the mandate to keep the site PG and family friendly is from the owner of the site himself.

As for this thread, well I'm locking it. That way it can die a natural death and no one else needs to be upset by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom