Sunday Special- "Always Room for a quiz!"
Sunday Special- "Always Room for Jell-o !"
It's been a part of my dessert experience as far back as I can remember; This quiz is my salute to all things JELL-O.
1. In 1897, Pearle B. Wait developed a fruit-flavored gelatin based on Peter
Cooper's 1845 patented gelatin dessert. What relative of Wait's gave the product the name JELL-O?
a. his brother
b. his wife
c. his son
d. his mother
2. In 1936, the first JELL-O pudding was offered. What flavor was it?
3. What famous comedian became the spokesman for JELL-O Pudding in 1974?
4. In June of 1996, JELL-O made the news with a story from Space Station
Mir. To keep track of days, Shannon Lucid ate JELL-O gelatin on what day of
5. In January 2001, which state made JELL-O the Official State Snack?
d. New York
6. Which of the following is NOT a line of products for JELL-O?
a. JELL-O Brand Gelatin
b. JELL-O Brand Sweets
c. JELL-O Brand Pudding
d. JELL-O Brand No Bakes
7. Which State is home to the JELL-O museum?
8. Which of the following movies featured a memorable scene with JELL-O?
a. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
b. Steel Magnolias
c. Jurassic Park
d. The Truman Show
9. What movie contains the infamous line "There's always room for JELL-O"?
a. Ghostbuster 2
b. Gremlins 2
10. Which of the following is NOT true about JELL-O?
a. Every day, Americans purchase an average of 758,012 boxes of JELL-O.
b. Fresh or frozen raspberries contain an enzyme that prevents JELL-O from
c. Immigrants passing through Ellis Island were often given a bowl of
JELL-O as a "Welcome to America" treat.
d. When hooked up to an electroencephalograph machine, JELL-O demonstrates
movement identical to the brain waves of an adult human.
11. At the beginning, JELL-O was sold in four flavors; name them.
12. In 1904, two new flavors were debuted; what were they?
13. In 1923, JELL-O offered a new gelatin line called
D-ZERTA; what made it different from JELL-O?
14. In 1930, "Congealed" salads became popular; what flavor was introduced because it complemented salads, relishes and molds?
15. In 1948, JELL-O (now General Foods) introduce a new line- Tapioca Pudding, in three flavors; name them.
3. Bill Cosby
7.(Leroy) New York
11. strawberry, raspberry, orange and lemon
12. chocolate and cherry
13. It was Sugar-Free.
15. Vanilla, Chocolate, and Orange / Coconut
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !