Take Photos of your Kitchen!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) I love all the kitchens here on DC they after all the heart of the home.
I live on a ranch where they supply the housing so I didn't want to spend too much on it since its not mine.We have a row of 6 houses in our area that are all exactly the same but its interesting how we all have fixed them up no one has the same looking house on the inside.
I had to paint all the cabinets as they very a very dark dark brown almost black.All the girls up here painted their cabinets diferrent one is red,one blue,one white one a darker green than me and one that left them as they were.
We all tend to go a bit mad with paint on our walls also.
OH! Thanks to every one that helped me get these pictures up.

Last edited:
:) Thanks Phinz! Raton is pretty cool if you dont mind living in the middle of nowhere on top of that Im another 45 miles west of Raton there is nothing on that highway but nature. I like it. Thanks to satillite tv and now internet.
My computer is nice to have to shop buy books etc.If I wanted to do some real shopping it would be a 4 hour trip to get to Santa Fe. But then I would stay about three days and really have fun.
Texas girl you are right up there to as far as having a long drive theres no running to the store just to get a quart of milk.
I go to Trinidad,CO twice a month for groceries etc.

Thank you texasgirl and pdswife. My son is 39 and mentally challenged, so I'm his caretaker. He's a good guy and basically takes care of himself. All I do is cook for him.

Well, here's two thirds of mine...

I've been workin' on this for months. I built it around the 1950 Roper range. I added the convection oven were the washing machine used to be. I made all new cabinets, had a ceramic friend make the tile; it's hand made and painted. Went with granit top, porcelain sink, and a cherry floor. I'm just about finished.

Attachments

• kitchen1 copy.jpg
    kitchen1 copy.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 201
  • kitchenhutch.jpg
    kitchenhutch.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCN0029.jpg
    DSCN0029.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN0030.jpg
    DSCN0030.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 199
Nice Phil, how do you like your oven being built into the wall? I bet it's a lot more convienient than having to bend down to put something in there. Future planning for me.
Thanks Phinz! Raton is pretty cool if you dont mind living in the middle of nowhere on top of that Im another 45 miles west of Raton there is nothing on that highway but nature. I like it. Thanks to satillite tv and now internet.
My computer is nice to have to shop buy books etc.If I wanted to do some real shopping it would be a 4 hour trip to get to Santa Fe. But then I would stay about three days and really have fun.
Texas girl you are right up there to as far as having a long drive theres no running to the store just to get a quart of milk.
Nice to have another New Mexican around, I grew up in Santa Fe. Sometimes I miss the blue skies and beautiful sunsets but I don't miss the dry and the dust. We've been in Washington about 3 years now, but always go back to NM every Sept/Oct to peel and jar our years worth of green chile and we visit all our family as well.
I will be posting my kitchen soon, I've been meaning to take pictures but it's always a huge mess.

:)Thanks Corazon
My kitchen is a bit cluttered so I moved stuff from one side to the other and vice versa so at least it looked more cleaned.
I know what you mean about dust we have had no moisture that plus 3 dogs and two cats.Well! You can just imagine.

The Roper:

jpmcgrew said:
:) Nice job Phil. I also love the Roper Range.Where did you get it?
For Corazon, I've always had built in ovens. I like the convenience and I'm crazy over the convection. It makes a difference in cooking temp and time.

This house I moved into belonged to my late uncle. The Roper has been here since the house was built in 1950. The range had four burners, a griddle, an oven, a broiler, and a broiler oven. Seven pilot lights. It cooks dead on and makes the things we used to cook, taste better. I don't know how, but we love it.

that's a good one wasabi, i'm in. we have lots of magnets on our fridge door from all of our vacations over the years.

wasabi said:
We should start another thread.......show us your fridge door.:LOL:
I like my fridge door, it has a good variety, I think. Callum's ultrasound, Aidan in the newspaper, a couple of me dancing in highscool (though one is sort of covered up by something else), Aidan & dh with an albino python, and our Seijo dog when she was a puppy. Gotta get a couple more Callum photos up there.

Start up a thread wasabi!

(Sorry I'm so late coming into this thread!) GB - You do have a cool light like Alix's! Looks like a magazine ad, with your baby in the photo :)

Everyone's kitchens are so nice! We have something more in common than the love of cooking - good taste. I am envious of the remodels and "before" and "afters" - maybe I can post those next year. We also have two kitchens like GB, upstairs is where I cook and downstairs is where Jace cooks.

Attachments

• IMG_4658.JPG
    IMG_4658.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4596.jpg
    IMG_4596.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 174
Back
Top Bottom