Tattoos, who has 'em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My 4 don't really count - it's just eyeliner, which, is already wearing off and needs to be redone.

I'm not a fan of tattoos.

However, if I wasn't so chicken about something going wrong near my eyes, and if it wasn't so easy to apply eyeliner, I'd get the ones you have, kitchenelf. :)

Lee

I find the comments about aging and gravity rather amusing. As we age lots of things aren't going to look so good but least of all the tattoo.

My 4 don't really count - it's just eyeliner, which, is already wearing off and needs to be redone.
exactly why, when in my hairdressing days, when all my girlfriends were getting their eyes done and eyebrows done and lips lines, etc, I didn't jump on in. they all got their certs to be legit tattoo artists of the face anyway, I didn't. all my clients that I sent to these gal friends of mine, mostly got lips/eyelids/eyebrows done and every single solitary one of them had major fadage. is that a word? anyway, they all lost all of their color and repeatedly had to have everything redone and often, no thanks

I'm not a fan of tattoos.

However, if I wasn't so chicken about something going wrong near my eyes, and if it wasn't so easy to apply eyeliner, I'd get the ones you have, kitchenelf. :)

Lee

Now, eyeliner (on my eyelids) I would consider. (Not with any curlyques :LOL:) Except, I'm a little nervous at the thought of needles close to my eyeballs. Haven't worn eyemakeup in the last few years & look a little like an albino - being so fair. :ermm: "Ahhh, Vanity. My favorite sin." (Al Pacino in Devil's Advocate). Now I just wear Dark glasses.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It would have to be one big vine. I have 5 kids and only one of them doesn't have middle name. :LOL:
it's an acronym for all of our names and it's the family corporation names that no one knows of except us and it means something to us, you'd not see any letters how I'd designed it but I'd know what it said. again though, I won't be doing it unless I get a few horses........can you say branding iron:LOL:

... But have you seen the places wild hair springs up when a person gets older?? It's positively simian.
The worst part is that the eyesight starts slipping right about the same time, and carpal tunnel or arthritis make the dexterity in the tweezer-holding hand start to go! So I've been told anyway! ;)

:LOL:Barbara

Wow.....I hear you on the eyesight issue.....it's pretty bad when you've got to position your book between your toes crossed over your legs so that you can read the darn thing while relaxing on the beach.........carpal tunnel.....isn't that a landmark in Arizona????? Pain in the fingers......doesn't everyone over age 55?

:) I have some serious carpal tunnel I hate it but I wear braces at night on both wrists and they help alot they get me thru the day and no excruciating pain at night but once in a while a good amount of numbness.I hate it but have found a way to live with it.I also use a product that gives me some relief Purple Rub

Last edited:
I have a friend whose sister owns an emu ranch in Texas and this is exactly the stuff that they are raised for--they supposedly make the best cream products ever.........very rich in nutrients.........so sorry that you're having to deal with c.t., Jpmcgrew.......I just have the beginnings of it and I hate it...........

I have a friend whose sister owns an emu ranch in Texas and this is exactly the stuff that they are raised for--they supposedly make the best cream products ever.........very rich in nutrients.........so sorry that you're having to deal with c.t., Jpmcgrew.......I just have the beginnings of it and I hate it...........
:)Yes its a terrible thing to deal with especially when you like to use your hands but this product seems to help.

I don't have a tattoo but I actually find them very attractive. I think a guy with a full sleeve is kinda fascinating. Maybe it's the bad boy thing? My 2 oldest sons each have one tattoo that they got after they left home. It didn't bother me when they told me. My father was in the Navy for 21 years and had the tattoos to prove it! He died 3 years ago and at the age of 76, some of those tattoos were 58 years old but they didn't look bad or distorted. They were definitely faded, though.

I wouldn't know about 55 expat--I won't be there for a looooooong time! LOL Okay, 5 more years, which should be here by next week as fast as time has been flying by the last few years!

Carpal Tunnel--yuck. My hands are asleep most of the time it seems, and often when I pick things up with my left hand (even something small like a paper clip) my hand (mainly through my middle finger and middle of my hand) "twangs." That is the only way I can describe it. That is a horrible feeling--kind of like being shocked with electricity.

To semi-tie this back in with the original topic, I guess no one would want me to give them a tattoo! Along with having absolutely no artistic talent, how would you like me to handle the needles with my hands asleep?! Ouch!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom