The Crafting Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well.... a week and a half I guess. I get distracted.
but really he coulda been together in 2 days.

Sattie, You are very artistic! You know I looked at the second one and without reading the caption thought "that looks a lot like Tim Gaines", seriously!!!!! I also love the fish tank project. You are being way too modest and I am glad Deelady gave you the push to show these.

Suzi, your turkey is adorable! I absolutely love him. I am still struggling with my baby jacket so hopefully you will all get pictures here before the guy graduates from university!

I did complete a project yesterday but unforturnately I can't show pictures because of the copyright on the material. I used to have a web design and graphic arts business and part of it was designing CD labels and cases for businesses, musicians, etc. I had a lot of clients and loved the work. Well, a friend is in charge of a kid's choir and wanted to give each family a CD of the songs the kids will be singing at the christmas concert this year so they can enjoy them, and practice. Well, I recorded the kids, cut the CD's and then found cover art from an old album where the story they are doing came from. I adapted the picture and made the CD's and covers. They were really really happy with them and I have to say that it was nice to get back to that, specially when all I do is sit at the computer these days anyway!!!!

long time since anyone posted here. what you guys been doing craft wise for Christmas "

the baby quilt for my one year old great granddaughter is almost done. it is really cute and i am pleased. all that's left is tying it here and there.

Good for you babe! I am stalled on my project because of Christmas and all the mess we have here still. I don't want to bring it out with all the smell and dirt around!

I have been in a crafting funk again.... I have the I dont wannas.... BIGTIME!

I was hoping to have a blizzard of snowflakes done and some cute santa ornaments sewn and a snowman crocheted. and and and and and ........

And I've done nothing.
:(
I need to start in June next year I think!

i know the feeling, suz. i have been there also. i think i have a solution. when the craft bug bites, get the stuff and just do it then. seems if i buy ahead thinking of projects, then i am slower to actually get started.

try it, might work

Okay, the holidays are over and I'm wondering what everyone is up to craft-wise. I was cleaning/re-organizing my sewing room and found and afghan that was 3/4 finished so that's what I'm doing currently. Anybody else?

OH FM so glad you brought this up!!!
My New Years' resolution (ok one of them) was to not start ANYTHING new until the 14 mostly finished things are finished!

I did however break my own rule to make legogirl a blankie for her princess Barbie that came with a bed and NO BLANKET!!! can you imagine? :)

That took 4 days, finished that this morning. Now it's onward and upward to frame 4-5 cross-stitch pieces, sew stars on a crocheted flag blanket, starch another batch of snowflakes, put buttons on a pajama top....

Then I want to become one with my 5 year old used twice brand new sewing machine!

OH FM so glad you brought this up!!!
My New Years' resolution (ok one of them) was to not start ANYTHING new until the 14 mostly finished things are finished!

I did however break my own rule to make legogirl a blankie for her princess Barbie that came with a bed and NO BLANKET!!! can you imagine? :)

That took 4 days, finished that this morning. Now it's onward and upward to frame 4-5 cross-stitch pieces, sew stars on a crocheted flag blanket, starch another batch of snowflakes, put buttons on a pajama top....

Then I want to become one with my 5 year old used twice brand new sewing machine!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one - I have a huge basket of mending that I have sworn I will finish before I let myself dive into any new projects.

But wait - you have a new sewing machine???? How cool! If you need any help with it - PM me. I love sewing machines. I have 2 sewing machines and 2 sergers and I've purchased used ones for all my kids and quite a few friends. I just can't pass up a good deal on a gently used machine.:)

I do cotton braided rugs and sewing project for the house. Here are a couple of my rugs.
img_764868_0_e618e8db692850f12b425a0b3f8fe5ab.jpg

img_764868_1_c5b3fe82a52f89d2f342fee31848e171.jpg

img_764868_2_c6b252854ee14f0f55909fa8be6a70d6.jpg

img_764868_3_558d7cf7b380d1b5cbd8df09875424e0.jpg

Since Elf likes this fabric, I bought 7 yards of it on Ebay for $20 and will soon start braided rugs for the kitchen out of it.

img_764868_4_b90abccb775475143c7e206b51b4c3c3.jpg

Thanks!

It takes a month or more for each one. It depends on how my arthritis is doing.

OMG Leolady, those are just gorgeous!!! I've never seen a rectangular one before, either. I remember as a child watching my grandmother sit and make long braids for her rugs. She would sew the strips together end to end before braiding. Is that what you do? Also, do you hand sew the coils together?

Thank you Fisher's mom.

I sew them in manageable strips of maybe up to 7 feet for two of the strips. The last strip I make shorter so it is easier to work with.

Yes, I have to sew them together more often, but I have lots less tangles and the whole thing is more manageable. It also gives my hands a rest from braiding.

Oh yes, I hand lace the rugs with a strong cotton string.

I am going to make my kitchen rugs rectangular and that one rug was a test to see if I could do it.

I have several other coordinating fabrics to use in the kitchen rugs so there will be interesting color variations.

Back
Top Bottom